ADVERTISEMENT

2015 LR weight loss/fitness challenge??

fsu123187

Walk-on
Oct 12, 2006
Last year's only lasted a few months, but any chance we can get enough poster interest to get one going?

I am 6', 197....would like to get down to 180-185 area....gained about 15 pounds from end of summer til now

Awesome, hopefully we can get it pinned. Im 6 ft and went from 248 to 220 last year while following a powerlifting protocol and flexible dieting/iifym for the entire year. I tweaked my shoulder so I had to take 6 weeks of to end the year. My goal this year is to get down to 200 lbs while pulling a 600 lb raw deadlift and 455 squat.

Originally posted by fsu123187:
Awesome, hopefully we can get it pinned. Im 6 ft and went from 248 to 220 last year while following a powerlifting protocol and flexible dieting/iifym for the entire year. I tweaked my shoulder so I had to take 6 weeks of to end the year. My goal this year is to get down to 200 lbs while pulling a 600 lb raw deadlift and 455 squat.
Just a thought. If you're pulling that much weight it might be more productive to focus on body composition rather than wanting to lose just straight weight because you might lose muscle as well. If you stay at 248 at lets say 20% body fat maybe you could focus on making your diet cleaner but keeping the good calories high and stay at 248 and get to 15% body fat.

I'm at 222 right now. I'm using the entire year to drop the weight so technically I'm doing a body recomp more than a cut. By taking the entire year I only need to eat at a 250 or so calorie per day deficit

Originally posted by fsu123187:
I'm at 222 right now. I'm using the entire year to drop the weight so technically I'm doing a body recomp more than a cut. By taking the entire year I only need to eat at a 250 or so calorie per day deficit
Nice. If you can hit those lifts at 200lbs that would be some crazy strength. I've been on a strength training program focusing on primarily deadlifts, squats, and bench press 3 times per week. From my experience If I don't eat enough high quality food I don't feel recovered for the next workout. Good that your're doing a body recomp rather than a cut. A cut would probably effect your lifts.

Originally posted by SWFNole:
5'10", 281lb. Have already lost 17lbs, on my way to 220.

Damn dude, already lost 171...that's awesome! You'll be 220 in no time at all!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Nolefan23:
5'10 188. Would like to drop 15 or so. Got a Fitbit flex yesterday. Maybe it'll keep me motivated.
I got a Fitbit about a month ago. Love it. Very motivating to see progress on the dashboard.

Yeah my cut last year put a stall on my strength gains after around 5 months. I used a DUP protocol benching, dead lifting, and squatting 4 times a week to break through the plateau, but that much volume on bench is what led to injuring my shoulder. Shoulder still isn't where I need it to focus on bench but my squat is at 405 x 2 and I can pull 475 x 2 off of 4 inch blocks with wraps so I don't think my strength goals are too far off

Originally posted by DanC78:

LOL. Read it again. Pretty sure SWF never weighed 452 pounds.

Originally posted by OrlandNole:

Whoo boy I may be from the country but I'm not the country. It would be impressive for sure, but Orland is correct.

I'm in. 6'8", 274 lbs. I've dropped 21 lbs since last fall. Got thru the holidays in pretty good shape. Gave up alcohol completely and eating well again.

Working to get down to 225 lbs. I'm still lifting regularly but I'm walking now twice a day, getting up at 6:00 am to take the dog for a walk and doing the same in the evening before bed.

This is the best I've felt, mentally and physically, in years.

Whoo boy I may be from the country but I'm not the country. It would be impressive for sure, but Orland is correct.

Lol

Originally posted by Funk#49:

I'm in. 6'8", 274 lbs. I've dropped 21 lbs since last fall. Got thru the holidays in pretty good shape. Gave up alcohol completely and eating well again.

Working to get down to 225 lbs. I'm still lifting regularly but I'm walking now twice a day, getting up at 6:00 am to take the dog for a walk and doing the same in the evening before bed.

This is the best I've felt, mentally and physically, in years.
Dang Funk, you were a cheeseburger shy of three bills?

I'm about where you're at but 5" shorter. Was 270ish 9/1 and got down to 260ish during the holidays and held fast. I weighed in the high 250s the whole month of December. Am 255 now and looking to get down to 220. I walk a ton and quit drinking as well. Not that I'll be quit forever but to get your head right the total detox is the way to go.

I went to the gym 3, 4 days a week Sept, Oct, Nov but didn't go at all in December. I've got my bag in the truck to get back in there today. Been doing mostly cardio and 30 minutes of high rep, low weight lifting.

My biggest problem is I binge eat and portion control. In the past I'd eat like a normal person most times but then I would binge on stuff, mostly sweets, until I got sick of them. Because of a stomach ailment I've basically got my portions under control and I'm noticing weight is coming off, even without going to the gym, as a consequence.

I'm no certified dietician or anything, but I've designed my own diets and workouts and have put together macro and calorie protocols for members of the gym in my hometown. If anyone is interested or just want to see some basic calorie numbers to follow for weight loss I'd be more than happy to help

Cman.............Yep, I tend to Yo-yo. I have been between 285-295 for some time and there's no reason for it. I'm not playing left tackle for the Steelers so there's absolutely no reason for me to be this big. I'm killing myself.

I got a clean bill of health in October of 2013. Got the full physical for the first time in my life. I have low blood pressure, ticker was fine, etc but the doctor called my weight "The Widow Maker". Even though I can carry this much weight and I actually look somewhat thin (especially when I'm lifting and solid) there's absolutely no reason for me to be that big.

6"5 225. Would like to get down to 200-190. I'm not necessarily "fat" but I definitely need to be stronger and more toned.

I'm in. I've been going to a boot camp class a few times a week that is good for toning and I do straight cardio on the other days. Could stand to drop about 10lbs but am more focused on tightening up what I have.

Originally posted by cmanole:
My biggest problem is I binge eat and portion control. In the past I'd eat like a normal person most times but then I would binge on stuff, mostly sweets, until I got sick of them. Because of a stomach ailment I've basically got my portions under control and I'm noticing weight is coming off, even without going to the gym, as a consequence.
Dieting is my issue as well. I'll do well Monday morning through Friday lunch. Weekends always kill me, and then of course if I have to go out on a business trip I will typically blow any kind of good eating routine I'm on....working out routine as well.

The working out part has been good the last 4 months. I actually enjoy going to the gym again and hate to miss. The cross-fit thing has been great for me. The combination of feeling both strong and in shape is the best it's been since high school maybe. Just need to get my eating under control. I think laying off the heavy beer is going to have a big a impact on my waist line as well.

Dieting is my issue as well. I'll do well Monday morning through Friday lunch. Weekends always kill me, and then of course if I have to go out on a business trip I will typically blow any kind of good eating routine I'm on....working out routine as well.
I'm the opposite when it comes to business trips. At home there are constant temptations - candy, sugary cereal, ice cream, chips, etc. When I'm on the road, there are no temptations in the hotel room.

I'm the opposite when it comes to business trips. At home there are constant temptations - candy, sugary cereal, ice cream, chips, etc. When I'm on the road, there are no temptations in the hotel room.
Other keeping some vanilla ice cream in the freezer, we keep the house free of all junk. Now, once our child arrives that may change a little, but as of now it's not hard for us to do.

We'll typically go out to nice dinners when traveling, since it's on the company dime I'll splurge and get the butter coated filet with lobster mac and cheese....something crazy like that at least.

Where is Helmut?
Seriously though, wasn't he the guy that's been pushing these things the past few years?

Where is Helmut?
Seriously though, wasn't he the guy that's been pushing these things the past few years?
Yep. AKA sasquatch. Haven't seen him 'round these parts in quite a while.

Where is Helmut?
Yep. AKA sasquatch. Haven't seen him 'round these parts in quite a while.
Yeah, me neither. Odd...

Another big, big thing for me to only eating when I'm hungry not just when it's time to eat. If it's lunch time and I'm not hungry learing to not eat anyway. I can't tell you how many times I eat when it's time to eat but I'm really not hungry. It's stupid...

Yeah, me neither. Odd...

Another big, big thing for me to only eating when I'm hungry not just when it's time to eat. If it's lunch time and I'm not hungry learing to not eat anyway. I can't tell you how many times I eat when it's time to eat but I'm really not hungry. It's stupid...
This is my biggest problem! I recently started on meds for something and it suppresses my appetite, I was thinking it would help me by proxy to lose weight but I look at the clock and go, oh lunch time! Another big problem for me is stopping eating before I get to the overfull part.

Originally posted by NolegirlY2K:

Another big problem for me is stopping eating before I get to the overfull part.

Is this why your pic stops at your breasts and doesn't show any lower?

Originally posted by CC0492:

Another big problem for me is stopping eating before I get to the overfull part.

Nope, because I maintain a decent weight by exercising 4-5 xs per week, but I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs my BMI is 24, and I'd like to get my overall body fat % down some.

Nope, because I maintain a decent weight by exercising 4-5 xs per week, but I'd like to lose 10-15 lbs my BMI is 24, and I'd like to get my overall body fat % down some.
I should've added a winky thing because I was just being a smart-ass. I wish you and everyone else in this thread good luck!

I should've added a winky thing because I was just being a smart-ass. I wish you and everyone else in this thread good luck!
Nah, it's me.....I'm really stressed at the moment so well I can't read anything clearly. :-/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT