ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Women's softball

Well that is as good as AR has looked since she's been here.
We finally get to see some of the potential of Danley.
Hopefully this is an indication that Danley is getting over the nerves that have plagued her.

If Lonni gets this group to the supers it will have been a great coaching job.
If and that's a big IF she gets them tot he WCWS, it will have been her best coaching job ever!

If Lonni gets this group to the supers it will have been a great coaching job.
If and that's a big IF she gets them tot he WCWS, it will have been her best coaching job ever!
Concur. But the lottery may be a safer bet. :)

Townole, I have actually been encouraged by Gooden's performance recently.
I have been very skeptical of her, but you always said she had potential.
I actually think she is our 2nd best healthy (Reid) pitcher right now.
I didn't think Lonni played that game to win.
If she did, it was stupid.
That ump had a very narrow strike zone. Emma Wilson walks a ton of people. Not a good
match. They may have hit AD, but she was competitive and not walking a ton of people.
Then with Gooden, she was a better bet than AR IMO.
The good news is that Walton knew he only had one pitcher who could hope to hold our bats down and we put up 8 ER on her.
They had a lot of seeing eye hits and inexplicably Ross doesn't go for the force out at home???????
We can beat UF if Lonni will get out of her own way!

Reactions: JonScott and flyrod
With Reid out. Will be hard to escape a regional especially if we lose a game early.
Today was as bad a game as I have seen FSU play ... fielding errors, poor pitching, baserunning mistakes, curious coaching moves. If many of us were excited and hopeful about what this team had accomplished prior to the UF game, the last four games has been a reality check. (Frankly, the team looked like it quit in today's game.) Danly and Gooden have had their moments, but if this team has to count on Royalty and Wilson they are in postseason trouble.

Last edited:
Today was as bad a game as I have seen FSU play ... fielding errors, poor pitching, baserunning mistakes, curious coaching moves. If many of us were excited and hopeful about what his team had accomplished prior to the UF game, the last four games has been a reality check. (Frankly, the team looked like it quit in today's game.) Danly and Gooden have had their moments, but if this team has to count on Royalty and Wilson they are in postseason trouble.
Agreed. Our freshman across the board have been pretty darn impressive this year.
I'm not sure where we would be if Danly and Gooden were not able to be big contributors in the circle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT