ADVERTISEMENT

Those all sound great. But I doubt they’d be a huge hit if offered to Trick or Treaters or used as Christmas stocking stuffers or sold in rest area vending machines or as a school fundraiser door to door.

I made three varieties for Thanksgiving this year:
The Original Montgomery Advertiser "Stuffed Egg" - Dry mustard, apple cider vinegar, melted butter
"Pub-style Deviled Eggs" - mayonnaise, yellow mustard, cayenne, black pepper, with a smoked paprika topping
and the classic deviled eggs that I grew up eating - Duke's, Dijon mustard, sweet relish, with a paprika and dill topping

Nothing better for snacking while watching football and drinking beer in the afternoon while dinner is cooking.
We had the classic for the win! Our daughter followed her Grandmother’s version and also served up awesome Margarita’s. We were thankful…

The Original Montgomery Advertiser "Stuffed Egg" - Dry mustard, apple cider vinegar, melted butter
"Pub-style Deviled Eggs" - mayonnaise, yellow mustard, cayenne, black pepper, with a smoked paprika topping
and the classic deviled eggs that I grew up eating - Duke's, Dijon mustard, sweet relish, with a paprika and dill topping

Nothing better for snacking while watching football and drinking beer in the afternoon while dinner is cooking.
All 3 sound great; but, for football and beer, I don't think anything for snacking is comparable to boiled peanuts.
Mrs. Ed is making 2 pounds worth today.

I like deviled eggs too, but they’ve never been on the menu for us at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Too many other good things get in the way.

Beer and deviled eggs are a fun combo. Makes for a nice Dutch oven.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Seriously though try the classic but sub the relish with diced pickled jalapeño. It really works well with smoked paprika.

I approve

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT