ADVERTISEMENT

Ahhhh.....Remember the Good Ol' Days

hatsbo

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
When McDonalds gave you a small bag of chopped peanuts to go along with your hot, fudge sundae? Then they callously, without compassion, stopped the peanuts.

Ahhh, remember the good ol' days when McDonald's actually HAD hot fudge sundaes? Tallahassee McDonald's, that is, miraculously they still manage to serve them IN EVERY OTHER TOWN IN AMERICA. 🙄

Yeah I remember the good ol' days.......when we hit lunch break at Chiles and the entire senior class got just enough time to speed manically down Thomasville Rd. to McDonald's, scarf down as much food for as little money as possible, then somehow make it back to class 5 min late.

The good ol' days

three guarantees in life. death, taxes and the ice cream machine being broke at mc Donald's.
So there was a lawsuit filed by McDonalds against the ice cream machine company. Apparently they knowingly sold defective machines to them so they could charge for the maintenance of them. That would explain why they are always broken.

Ill bet the nuts thing was a insurance decision because so many people have food allergies these days.

Reactions: hatsbo and GbrNole
So there was a lawsuit filed by McDonalds against the ice cream machine company. Apparently they knowingly sold defective machines to them so they could charge for the maintenance of them. That would explain why they are always broken.

Ill bet the nuts thing was a insurance decision because so many people have food allergies these days.
Makes sense on both counts, thanks for the info. Loved your work with Rush by the way.

Reactions: nynole1
what's next...10 oz beers!?
That might be next. Seeing as ice cream used to be a 1/2 gallon and now it's 1 1/2 quarts but the price remains the same, it wouldn't surprise me if beer companies opted to make smaller bottles as opposed to raising the price of beer.

That might be next. Seeing as ice cream used to be a 1/2 gallon and now it's 1 1/2 quarts but the price remains the same, it wouldn't surprise me if beer companies opted to make smaller bottles as opposed to raising the price of beer.
Normally the trick is to use a bigger container but put less in it. 16oz glass that holds 12oz of beer. You think your getting more booze but really getting just a bigger glass. Mich Ultra does the smaller can but sells for more. Less carbs and all although Miller Lite is the same.

You can thank attorney's for all of this. Wouldn't it be great if the loser of the lawsuit would have to pay the other person....attorney paying the other attorneys bill and the individual paying the other individual. Wonder how quickly the backlog in the court system would clear up.

Yeah I remember the good ol' days.......when we hit lunch break at Chiles and the entire senior class got just enough time to speed manically down Thomasville Rd. to McDonald's, scarf down as much food for as little money as possible, then somehow make it back to class 5 min late.

The good ol' days
Times change - now the Chiles kids whip around the traffic circle on Bannerman during their frantic lunch run, the McDonald's at Thomasville/Diehl has gone dark and my wife retired from the high school after 18 fun years.

Times change - now the Chiles kids whip around the traffic circle on Bannerman during their frantic lunch run, the McDonald's at Thomasville/Diehl has gone dark and my wife retired from the high school after 18 fun years.
Congrats on retirement for the lady!!

That's the first behind the scenes story I've heard about Mickey D's. Soft serve intrigue and espionage in a complex storyline, who knew? Sounds like a Netflix movie in the works .
Corporate scumminess is real. And, of course, all of them have empty “integrity” policies in their corporate handbooks, which they trumpet in all of their SEC filings.

But, at the end of the day, many companies have borderline criminals at the helm chasing those quarterly performance targets, and grotesque personal bonuses. ‘Merica!!!!!

what's next...10 oz beers!?
ricky-bobby.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Nole
Normally the trick is to use a bigger container but put less in it. 16oz glass that holds 12oz of beer. You think your getting more booze but really getting just a bigger glass. Mich Ultra does the smaller can but sells for more. Less carbs and all although Miller Lite is the same.
Like the mugs at many restaurants where the bottom is 2 inches of glass!
That's the first behind the scenes story I've heard about Mickey D's. Soft serve intrigue and espionage in a complex storyline, who knew? Sounds like a Netflix movie in the works .
Oh... you got to check out the Monopoly game shenanigans documentary called McMillions ! I think it on HBO.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
I’ve never forgiven McDonalds for discontinuing their Cheese Danish.

The McD's on North Monroe has one employee. You can order a chocolate shake at 7:15 PM and you might get it by 8:45.
I remember growing a beard while in line there once. But who wants a chocolate shake at night when there are many other options in the chill of a Tallahassee night?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hatsbo and goldmom
The McD's on North Monroe has one employee. You can order a chocolate shake at 7:15 PM and you might get it by 8:45.
As a Waffle House owner/investor, I can tell you that dealing with hourly and low-skilled laborers -- especially in today's reality -- is an adventure. You can easily imagine how shallow the talent pool really is. The hamburger chains probably have it the worst because there's no tipping to even theoretically motivate someone.

I also realize customers could not care less about staffing problems....they just want their food. I totally get that.

Reactions: hatsbo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT