ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody ever been to an Aussie Rules Football game?

KissimmeeNole

All-ACC
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2004
I went with some friends in Melbourne this past weekend and it was unreal. 60,000+ fans, amazing athletes, crazy atmosphere. Nothing will ever compare to real football but I like this even better than Rugby League. I'll definitely go again someday. Some guy scored from about 70 yards out BTW.

I haven't been, but have always wanted to see it live. I used to watch it whenever I could and the speed and rowdiness of the game was addictive.
Maybe it's time I went and visited my cousins in Melbourne.

The closest I've come is watching the Rugby 7 Tournaments which are enjoyable but not enough variety of play to sustain my interest over the short matches.

How does Australian Rules Football vary from Rugby?

I went with some friends in Melbourne this past weekend and it was unreal. 60,000+ fans, amazing athletes, crazy atmosphere. Nothing will ever compare to real football but I like this even better than Rugby League. I'll definitely go again someday. Some guy scored from about 70 yards out BTW.

I didn't have time when I was there, but I did get a Swans hat to go with my Wallabies hat and Eels shirt while in the greater Sydney area.

I've been to one game - it was also in Melbourne, coincidentally. I believe it was Hawthorn vs Collingwood at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. It was a really good time, and the fans were REALLY into it.

I was really big into Aussie rules footie when I lived in Australia. Played quite a bit as well. Cricket is a lot more fun to play than it is to watch. Both sports are great though.

ADVERTISEMENT