ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone ever use Viber when travelling overseas ?

billyfsu76

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Orlando, FL
A co-worker told me about it for my trip to Europe next month. Seems easy, just have to download the app. and have others in the US do the same. Most of the places I'm staying have wifi so should be good to go ?

My wife was in Lima Peru last summer. I was in the States and we heard each other easily and perfectly after the app download. Go for it

If you're looking for voice communication, just download the MajicJack app. It's free, operates via WiFi and you can call anywhere just like a normal phone. I used it for my trip to Japan last summer.

FaceTime, what's app, Bria, Skype, Facebook messenger, etc... All do the same. Pick one and enjoy.

I have used them all, all over the globe.

th

Careful. It's 220 volts.

My girlfriend traveled throughout Europe last month. The Viber app sucked big time! In some cities it worked. But, most of the time we would bet disconnected, etc.

Went to the UK and Korea and used KakaoTalk for both texts and phone. Great sound quality.

I've found that whatsapp is the best overall, I like sending pics, talking, etc. you just have to make sure the other person has it as well

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT