ADVERTISEMENT

Are You Guilty of These?

Guilty of 6 and 8.

Used to use my friend's dad's warchant login info back in the day. And back when Napster first came out, I downloaded tons. Nowadays, the occasional movie torrent when I have a flight greater than a couple hours.

I'm only occasionally guilty of 10 but I did used to partake in 4 back when it was on someone else's dime. My rationale for 10 is that if I stay for an extra movie I'm buying their 10 cents worth of popcorn for $7 and their 25 cents of coke for the same and therefore basically buying another ticket anyways. More really.

I don't do this very often but I wouldnt feel guilty if I did. They're already ridiculously price gouging you when they charge $13 and I can see the same new movie at a drive in in Tampa for $2 on a Tuesday.

Fortunately I very seldom go to the movies anymore. My home screen and sound system is good enough I prefer it for all but the biggest fx heavy action movies.

Kinda guilty of 6.
5 is BS.

I'm not 100% sure if I have been in a situation to be guilty of number 5. The only thing I can relate it to right off hand is tipping. And I've always been a good tipper.

A few.

JcQKsWM.jpg

5, 6 and 8. Would continue to do 5. Although I have tossed in some money as I leave if it's good. Too many are not good.

1, 2, 4 (I guess...I throw pads / pens / whatever in my briefcase as I need them; sometimes I use them at home. I don't have a fully stocked office at home thanks to my office's supply closet), 5, 6 (share logins with a few folks. I pay for some; they pay for some), 8, 10.

Bringing a ziploc to a buffet is awesomely trashy. I'd love to see someone do that.

I've been the giver of a subscription password, but never the receiver.

As for 10, when I was 20-21 my roommate and I would do 2-3 movies at a time; but once we decided to step it up and do 6 in one day. I planned out the times, it started around 11am and finished around 1am-ish. Funny thing is, a few minutes into the first movie the power went out in the theater, and they evacuated everyone. As people were leaving, they passed out vouchers for free tickets. Right as we stepped through the door and after we had gotten our voucher, the power went back on, so everyone rushed back inside. Movie started right where it left off, and we finished all six. Then we used the voucher to see four another day. So 10 movies for the price of one.

Otherwise, I haven't done any of the others.

I've done a few of those. 1, 2, 6 and 8. I used to be in sales and had to drive a lot. I knew the places around town with unprotected Wifi. I'd go sit in their parking lots and use it when I needed to. Business not houses. That would be creepy.

Guilty of the following:
1) If I'm somewhere interesting & the hotel has little shampoo bottles with a logo, I'll take one as a souvenir. Also, at times we'll have a pile of Taco Bell sauces in the fridge because their idiot employees will put 25 sauce packs in the bag to go with the 4 tacos I ordered.
2) Guilty of a similar crime; have a DTV dish at both my house and at my lake place; they think it's a 2nd dish at my house, which is a lower rate than if it had been set up as separate accounts.
4) Work supplies I take home often, but I'm the majority owner of the company, and I use them to do work, so I don't much think of that as stealing.

Not guilty of any of the others, though when I was in college I did abuse the salad bar/buffet at Western Sizzler. It was when they first added the full hot-food buffet instead of just an old, basic salad bar; you could "add it on" for a buck if you ordered a steak. So we'd go in at lunchtime, buy a steak & potato with the added salad bar, then just eat off the salad bar for lunch & bring home the steak & potato. We did it with such frequency that the waitresses just started bringing our steaks in a to go container to save a step.

Used to download music. You can hear whatever you want for darn near free now so no need really.

Movies - non traditional stuff, I would download sometimes.

Kinda guilty of 6.
5 is BS.
Agreed, its BS listed as a theft. I cant stand "suggested donations". I'd be perfectly willing to pay 20, but certainly not if they tell me how much I should be donating. Just make it a 20 dollar fee. I chose how much I want to donate.

I've been the giver of a subscription password, but never the receiver.

As for 10, when I was 20-21 my roommate and I would do 2-3 movies at a time; but once we decided to step it up and do 6 in one day. I planned out the times, it started around 11am and finished around 1am-ish. Funny thing is, a few minutes into the first movie the power went out in the theater, and they evacuated everyone. As people were leaving, they passed out vouchers for free tickets. Right as we stepped through the door and after we had gotten our voucher, the power went back on, so everyone rushed back inside. Movie started right where it left off, and we finished all six. Then we used the voucher to see four another day. So 10 movies for the price of one.

Otherwise, I haven't done any of the others.
I've never even done 2 in a row, usually by the time a movie is done I'm ready to get the heck out of there. The thought of watching back to back movies in a theater is not at all appealing to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT