ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn to pay Muschamp $5.1 million..........

Duo

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jul 23, 2006
According to the Miami Herald:

"Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp will make at least $5.1 million over three years.

The university released the contract Wednesday. The former Florida head coach will make $1.6 million in the 2015 season and receive $100,000 raises in each of the next two years plus unspecified bonuses.
Florida also owes Muschamp $6.3 million over three years. That raises his total pay to $3.9 million a year."

Not a bad income for a guy that was fired for being a loser! :eek:

They need success on D. He is one of the best in the business as a DC. The $EC and some select other schools can afford to pay a premium for the perceived best so they do it. The arms race is in full swing and coaching is one area where the monies will continue to rise incrementally.

One of the first mistakes Muschamp made was hiring Charlie Weis to be his OC after Charlie had been fired from Notre Dame for being a loser. Of course, Charlie went on to Kansas and was fired there for being a loser as well. All in all Will Muschamp and Charlie Weis are the two highest paid losers in CFB. Life isn't fair but that's just how it works sometimes.

One of the first mistakes Muschamp made was hiring Charlie Weis to be his OC after Charlie had been fired from Notre Dame for being a loser. Of course, Charlie went on to Kansas and was fired there for being a loser as well. All in all Will Muschamp and Charlie Weis are the two highest paid losers in CFB. Life isn't fair but that's just how it works sometimes.

Well, this is where you and I disagree....on the surface. In reality, we agree with each 100%. Here is why...Muschamp was very successful at UF, imo. Don't you agree???

Well, this is where you and I disagree....on the surface. In reality, we agree with each 100%. Here is why...Muschamp was very successful at UF, imo. Don't you agree???

"on the surface vs. reality" ???

If Muschamp was successful at UF he'd still be there. If you mean he was successful at show casing his defensive acumen................meh.....maybe to the extent that he now makes more than he once did at Texas as the defensive coordinator?

Bottom line: At UF he was a loser but has ended up proving losers can still be highly paid.

On the other hand, Charlie Weis proved you can even be a 3-time loser (Notre Dame, UF and Kansas) and walk away with one of the largest, if not the largest bundles of cash in CFB!

There are losers and then there are LO$ER$!

Ok, I was playing with you a bit. My direct point is he was "successful" in my eyes because his poor results enabled FSU to reclaim its rightful spot as the #1 team in the state,,,I will forever be a Mushcamp fan.:)

Love Muschamp. Wish we could have landed him here but we arent paying assistant coaches $1.5 Million.

Love Muschamp. Wish we could have landed him here but we arent paying assistant coaches $1.5 Million.

I agreed with that idea for sure. Some of us talked about that possibility shortly after UF's fantastic 4-8 season. I thought he was gone after that season and figured FSU did not have a shot since Pruitt was doing so well. Fast forward one year and it seemed like perfect timing if CK did not mind being the Co-DC. Just as you stated, the reality, though, is there was no way FSU could keep up with Auburn for that kind of pay.

No way did I want Joe Btfsplk anywhere near our program. Auburn will turn to crap rapidly, just like Texas & the goiters did.

Charlie Weis was living proof that a performance clause should be in every head coaches contract. They still like him over on the ND site.

ADVERTISEMENT