ADVERTISEMENT

Baby Boy names

j.d.king24

All-ACC
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2006
So my wife and I found out we are having another boy. We are thinking of names and I give her one. She says "yeah I like Nolan, N O L A N". I says to her, no spelled with an "E" Nolen. Do I have any approvals or is this taking it to far?

When people hear it they will probably spell it Nolan. When I hear it I think of Nolan Ryan. I don't think of the Seminoles.

Maybe see if she likes Nole. Then there is no doubt. :)

Too far? Not even close. Too far would be Chollie Jameis Weinke Robert Cleckler *insert last name*. One of my best friends named his son Nole, he's in Atlanta so most people don't even notice the connection.

I'm named after Nolan Ryan, but my parents went with Ryan.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Pet I can see, but I think naming your kid after your school's nickname is taking it too far. But to each his own.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
I says to her, no spelled with an "E" Nolen.

96543f30dab97e67ad40ff5bbb7950f7.jpg

Nolan is cool by itself. Not calling you out, because you have a legitimate reason to want to change up the name, but I just don't get why folks want to change up the spelling of traditional names just to be different. I look back 15 years and cringe at how I almost named my son Bryce. I would say no offense to people named Bryce, but it's not possible, sorry.

So my wife and I found out we are having another boy. We are thinking of names and I give her one. She says "yeah I like Nolan, N O L A N". I says to her, no spelled with an "E" Nolen. Do I have any approvals or is this taking it to far?
My oldest is named Nolan. We call him Nole for short.

I'd go with Mister Alexander. Whether you split it into his first and middle name or keep it all as a long first name is up to you.

2% of the people will get the FSU connection. 41% will think you don't know how to spell the name. 57% will think you are a "look at me" douchebag that thinks you have to change the traditional spelling because your kid is special.

Just go with Nolan. You'd be better off with Nole than Nolen, at least then you're putting it out on the table. Most people would think it was a dumb to saddle your kid with a weird name because you are a fan, but at least they'd be right and it wouldn't be confused for something else.

Reactions: MathisJones
I like it but would spell it Nolyn. Or Knolyn.

The best thing you can do for your kids is to help them stand out from the crowd. A little flair is the key to success. And you can give it to them.

I like it but would spell it Nolyn. Or Knolyn.

The best thing you can do for your kids is to help them stand out from the crowd. A little flair is the key to success. And you can give it to them.

Yes, he is in a perfect position to do some unsolicited, permanent good.

We are having our second boy in August. Neither of them will be Nole themed. No really good names out there. I am not naming my kid Bowden. Nothing against Bobby but as an Italian it just doesn't work with my last name.

Nolan and Nolen both suck. They're as bad as Ernest.

Set him up for life and go with "Jasmine".

Naming your kid after a football team mascot might be one of the most potato ideas I have heard in a long time.

Reactions: lurker2001
ADVERTISEMENT