ADVERTISEMENT

Banana Sandwich

FreeNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 12, 2019
Newnan Ga
When I was a Child my mother would make them for me and I loved them. Mayonnaise on each dish of bread and sliced banana in the middle. When I got to college I learned that Elvis ate banana sandwiches with peanut butter instead of mayo. So I changed it up. Mayonnaise on one piece of bread and peanut butter on the other. I still occasionally eat them.

What funky sandwich combination do you eat?

When I was a Child my mother would make them for me and I loved them. Mayonnaise on each dish of bread and sliced banana in the middle. When I got to college I learned that Elvis ate banana sandwiches with peanut butter instead of mayo. So I changed it up. Mayonnaise on one piece of bread and peanut butter on the other. I still occasionally eat them.

What funky sandwich combination do you eat?
Do you cut the banana long ways, or slice it into discs?

I agree, all three are very good. It is hard to beat a home grown tomato sandwich.
I don’t home grow my tomatoes. We live near Slocomb, AL and there is no better tomatoes than a Slocomb tomato from the farmers market. The best tomatoes you ever had in your life.

Reactions: FreeNole
I don’t home grow my tomatoes. We live near Slocomb, AL and there is no better tomatoes than a Slocomb tomato from the farmers market. The best tomatoes you ever had in your life.

Consider yourself fortunate to be able to buy a good tomato.
I have to grow them, and this year my plants did not do well.

I love supporting the local farmers market. We also get our honey from them. Pretty much most of our veggies come from them, but I do grow my own peppers to make my own hot sauce.

Reactions: hatsbo
Was a kid in the 60's, mom was single for a good bit of it, not a lot of money to go around for a family of five boys. So it was banana and mayo on white of course, always sliced lengthwise. Also canned pineapple, mayo on white. A favorite dinner treat would be grilled spam, potatoes, onions and carrots. She put it through a kitchen appliance that had a crank handle that would slice the concoction into thin strips. We thought it tasty at the time, we called it "the thing."

Reactions: gwgwi and FreeNole
Worst season I can remember here in VA. Blistering dry July, followed by a monsoon August. Now those horn worms have descended from hell, yech. Of course they hit full stride when we were out of town for five days, they were so big, needed a winch to pull them off the vines.

Reactions: FreeNole
Worst season I can remember here in VA. Blistering dry July, followed by a monsoon August. Now those horn worms have descended from hell, yech. Of course they hit full stride when we were out of town for five days, they were so big, needed a winch to pull them off the vines.

Sounds about how our season went here in North Ga. lf I could sell horned worms by the pound I would have made a bunch of money.

Reactions: hatsbo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT