ADVERTISEMENT

Be Careful What You Post Online

Democratic Nole

All-American
Oct 27, 2005
Because your posts might end up as Exhibits in a law suit and made public. In the latest court filing by Erica Kinsman's attorneys, they provided several screenshots of comments from other FSU message boards, but nothing from Warchant. A couple of people were actually stupid enough to email Clune threats directly. I hope folks take that as a reminder to be a little more careful online.

Those websites should sue Clune for stealing their content. Clune has said a ton of stuff publicly that's slanderous, he should be sued.

That's good advice, but what do comments made by fans on fan message boards have to do with anything? Why would they be brought up in any lawsuit involving EK? Are people not allowed to have a different opinion than clune? Freedom of speech!

That's good advice, but what do comments made by fans on fan message boards have to do with anything? Why would they be brought up in any lawsuit involving EK? Are people not allowed to have a different opinion than clune? Freedom of speech!
Clune is trying to illustrate that Erica will not receive a fair trial in Tallahassee.

BTW, one guy that emailed him is now being outed on Twitter. That won't end pretty I don't think.

Because your posts might end up as Exhibits in a law suit and made public. In the latest court filing by Erica Kinsman's attorneys, they provided several screenshots of comments from other FSU message boards, but nothing from Warchant. A couple of people were actually stupid enough to email Clune threats directly. I hope folks take that as a reminder to be a little more careful online.

Once a Ho.. Always a Ho.

Truth hurts.

(Censored word) Erica and Clune.
^^^^
This is exactly what I'm feeling about them E and C!
*^#% them! Btw, they can use the words I just said in court if they wanted to! :mad::mad::mad:

There's a place and time for discussing one's true feelings on the parties in this case and as OP pointed out on the internet where what you say is forever probably wasn't that place. Over a couple beers at the pub? Absolutely. Warchant? Hell no.

Not a lawyer but this just reeks of them (Clune) grasping at straws, a life preserver... anything to stop the bleeding as they've taken loss after loss after loss in this thing.

Unless they can link the IP addresses to the potential jury pool I don't really see what this does. This is the internet. These comments could be from anywhere. It's not as if there aren't people in Tallahassee or anywhere else that don't think Jameis is innocent either.

The facts of the case speak volumes and cannot change.

Does Clune think that his teams constant public slander and false accusations have made it possible for
Winston to get a fair trial anywhere? If I was the judge I'd laugh Clune out of the courtroom with this stunt after the stuff he has said that has tainted the jury pool.

There's a place and time for discussing one's true feelings on the parties in this case and as OP pointed out on the internet where what you say is forever probably wasn't that place. Over a couple beers at the pub? Absolutely. Warchant? Hell no.

Not a lawyer but this just reeks of them (Clune) grasping at straws, a life preserver... anything to stop the bleeding as they've taken loss after loss after loss in this thing.

Unless they can link the IP addresses to the potential jury pool I don't really see what this does. This is the internet. These comments could be from anywhere. It's not as if there aren't people in Tallahassee or anywhere else that don't think Jameis is innocent either.

The facts of the case speak volumes and cannot change.

I think it's absurd to claim she's incapable of getting a fair trial in Tallahassee. If he can't link usernames like "anonymous" with Tallahassee, then the poster may as well be from Orlando. There are plenty of tools available for them to select an impartial jury in Tallahassee.

Reactions: Fsuwarpath10
Clune is trying to illustrate that Erica will not receive a fair trial in Tallahassee.

BTW, one guy that emailed him is now being outed on Twitter. That won't end pretty I don't think.
I get that (about the fair trial in Tally angle) but like others have pointed out, those posts could be from anywhere. Just because they were posted by Seminole fans doesn't mean those fans live in Tally. Even if they did, what would that prove? That FSU related message boards have posts from die hard FSU fans that don't paint EK in the best light? Gee one would never guess that! As far as message boards and social media go, as long as you aren't threatening someone directly (or indirectly in some cases I guess) then you can say anything you want (within the rules of course) and there isn't a damn thing clune or anyone else can do about it! Last I checked this is still America. Now those dummies that threatened clune or EK directly should have known better and you're right, that may not end well for them.

What about all of the slanderous posts and comments about jameis? What about the nonstop media onslaught with numerous stories written that were blatantly false and only done to keep a narrative going that jameis is a rapist thug? Seems to me there's a whole lot more bias against Jameis than anything EK's side could ever dream of producing. She was given the benefit of the doubt in 90% of every news story that simply because she accused, she was the victim.... and anyone that read comments from any of those stories saw that the majority of the country believed them and bashed jameis relentlessly. I would think for every 1 comment clune would show, Jameis side could show 50 that were bias and slamming jameis.

Couldn't winston do the same thing and demonstrate that he can't get a fair trial anywhere else? Seems like that strategy would play directly Into demonstrating the damage clune has done. I thought tally's numbers from their survey were 50/50 ish. I'd imagine that elsewhere the presumption that he's guilty is higher because of their media campaign (ny times).
Agree 100%! The media smear against Winston was much more damaging than anything written about Erica, she was the victim, he was the violator! Clune and his team continuously twisted information and left things out ("half truth's)! I for one do not see this going to court, Clune & Erica will get blown away!

Reactions: pauldNole

This sound like the logic in all the suits they've filed. So, all posters on websites live in Tallahassee? LOL. Maybe he ought to include a picture of Doak. Rumor has it there is often over 80,000 who are biased for FSU most of which are from out of town. :rolleyes:

I love EK and her efforts to take down a tyrannical administration and an entitled student athlete.

(This is my con job effort. Cornwell, Pull this quote and use it in your filing).

Reactions: pauldNole
Honestly who really cares about one thing from their camp they aren't even newsworthy.

Do they really want to bring in electronic media into this? I'm pretty sure that FSU, Winston and their attorneys have copies of her social media posts and that would get ugly quick.

Reactions: Seminole Swagger

A lot of the posters making threats and acting stupid are probably young. They haven't lived enough life to understand the trouble their mouth can get them into.

But then again if they could show some restraint the TC probably would be out of business.

If you are on the outside looking in some of the comments and threats make the FSU fan base look like a bunch of hicks and rubes.

I just go by he facts, and the facts have shown she and her camp are a bunch of liars. I wish she could go to jail for this whole shakedown( I know that won't happen) and is publicly ridiculed for what she did.

I do not think anyone should have threatened her or her slimy family though.

Gibbons: Well, now, uhhhhhhh, ladies and gentlemen of the jjj - of, of, of, of the jjjj - um, jury! Um, on, on, on, on January fffffffffffff-fourth of this year my client did indeed, uh, visit the Sack-o-Suds....convenience store. But - But, he didn't, um, kill anyone. He - He, uh, um, uh --

We - We intend to prove that the pppppppppppp -prosecution's case is circumstantial and, and, and, and, and, oh, uh, coincidental.

Thank you.

DOT and gang avoided a ton of trouble by not letting her name get posted here during the hiatus. Seems to have paid off quite a bit for them, and by that I mean they avoided getting into legal issues that are quite expensive.

Who the hell is stupid enough to start threatening lawyers?! I mean seriously... It's like spitting in the wind

I think the online content plays better into her legal argument why she could not return to FSU as opposed to the venue issue.

During jury selection, I would bet that FSU season ticket holders, boosters, and students will be sent home.

This reminds me of the poster who linked his personal online photo account, which included a pic of his gf giving him a beej.

Reactions: NJNOLES

I wonder if they could also use it when they go after the university, to try and demonstrate a hostile environment for EK in Tallahassee / at FSU, maybe say that more should have been done to help her / protect her. I think the story was that she skipped town when this was about to blow up. But maybe her lawyers will argue that she had to, due to danger and a hostile environment. Loss of earning potential? Personal damages?

I can't imagine feeling safe dating a white woman as a black man if a court manages to find Winston culpable of anything.

Winston can and has been accused of a lot, but 'dating' his accuser isn't one of them.
A person in a one night stand in entertaining a host of dangers.

Scanned what I presume is the bulk of the comments and WHEW!

Don't really recall saying anything all that inflammatory about her, but hey, everyone has an off day.

I will say though, it is pretty absurd to use anonymous posts from message boards and comment sections of articles as proof a city would not be able to give someone a fair trial. And I am absolutely certain an equal, probably exponentially greater than, amount of anonymous posts, comments and tweets can be found saying just as heinous things about Jameis (especially some other message boards for fans from sports teams in central and south Florida).

If their case was strong enough, they'd be happy to make it a bench trial with a federal judge, problem is, they've pretty much already gone that route under better circumstances, and lost. This shows they're only shot is getting ~12 sympathetic jurors to find her story at least 51% believable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT