ADVERTISEMENT

Boston for 4th of July weekend

Bartdog

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2002
Jax
What to do?? My youngest daughter (in my avatar pic at age 16) is there for a summer co-op and we're going! Seems like Beantown would be a great place to spend the 4th. Anyone been? Any ideas? TIA

Reactions: hatsbo
I worked in Boston for ten years, but it was long ago, 1972 to 1982. It is a tourist thing, but the Duck Boat tours are just about the best way to get an overview of most of the sights, e.g., bunker hill, the freedom trail, capital building, swan boats on the Common, and many others. Then you can drill down to things you might like, for example definitely walk the freedom trail and see where Paul Revere is buried. I assume they will still have the concert on the Charles River? Is so, it is super but crowded. Not sure I recommend it but maybe it is something you might want to do. Faneuil Hall and the Market Place are also neat. Then go to the Common and ride the Swan Boats, it is corny but we do it when we are visiting. Check on the Duck boats online as well as other things to do. Good luck and have a great trip!

What to do?? My youngest daughter (in my avatar pic at age 16) is there for a summer co-op and we're going! Seems like Beantown would be a great place to spend the 4th. Anyone been? Any ideas? TIA
I was there for the 4th nine years ago. Great town, perfect weekend to be there. I recommend getting a spot on a boat in the harbor for the annual voyage of the USS Constitution. We did it and it was amazing. Libertyfleets.com.

Reactions: hatsbo and Bartdog
Cheers Bar and ask for Norm and Cliff. Sammy and Woody should be there too.
Don't listen to Frasier; he's leaving for Seattle. The dwebe.

• Haha
Reactions: hatsbo
Good rooftop bar on top of Envoy hotel on the river. I think they do a reenactment of the Tea Party right by there too. Freedom trail as already mentioned. Go see Fenway.

Reactions: hatsbo and Bartdog
Fenway tour is a must. The Italian section and Old North Church on the north end are also a must. Maybe the best collection of Italian food in one place in the US. Better than NYC. Regina Pizza is probably the best pizza in Boston. Afterwards make sure to go to Modern bakery or Mikes bakery. You won’t be disappointed. Harvard and MIT are close to each other in Cambridge cool to see and get a tshirt or sweatshirt. Faneuil Hall is ok but there is some decent food in there. Make sure you go to Rockport if you have access to a car. It’s a postcard perfect New England fishing / tourist town with great lobster right off the boat. Boston pops on the water is neat if they are doing it this year but don’t go unless you have chairs to bring or towels to sit on as it’s very crowded.

Also take her to Richardsons Ice Cream. It’s outside the city but it may be the best ice cream in the country and it’s attached to a dairy farm. It’s really cool to see. It gets really busy in the summer, almost all locals, but it’s built to handle big crowds.

Fenway tour is a must. The Italian section and Old North Church on the north end are also a must. Maybe the best collection of Italian food in one place in the US. Better than NYC. Regina Pizza is probably the best pizza in Boston. Afterwards make sure to go to Modern bakery or Mikes bakery. You won’t be disappointed. Harvard and MIT are close to each other in Cambridge cool to see and get a tshirt or sweatshirt. Faneuil Hall is ok but there is some decent food in there. Make sure you go to Rockport if you have access to a car. It’s a postcard perfect New England fishing / tourist town with great lobster right off the boat. Boston pops on the water is neat if they are doing it this year but don’t go unless you have chairs to bring or towels to sit on as it’s very crowded.

Also take her to Richardsons Ice Cream. It’s outside the city but it may be the best ice cream in the country and it’s attached to a dairy farm. It’s really cool to see. It gets really busy in the summer, almost all locals, but it’s built to handle big crowds.
Look up Will Hunting. He waxes the MIT floors at night. He briefly went to California to check on a girl, but I hear he's back living in South Boston. Just don't piss him off.

That sounds like a Tribe76 itinerary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT