ADVERTISEMENT

Bourbon drinkers

Tvillenole10

Starter
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2019
I know we have discussed bourbon on here before so I am asking for a little help. I have a bourbon tasting to go to Saturday night and I have to bring a 750 between 25 and 40 dollars. I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciate. Go Noles!

I kind of figured that 40 would not go far but I have to play within the rules. I appreciate all the help fellas.

Four Roses Single Barrell & Four Roses Small Batch are both good, and surprisingly different from each other. Blanton's is great, but $60+ where I live.

As a side note, I managed to find a 1.75L of Very Old Barton's (made by same distillery as Buffalo Trace) for $21 and am loving it. Having an Old Fashioned right now, and it's top notch. Probably not a sipping bourbon, but as mixer, it's a steal. My usual mixing bourbon is Benchmark, another steal as a bottom shelf bourbon.

I know we have discussed bourbon on here before so I am asking for a little help. I have a bourbon tasting to go to Saturday night and I have to bring a 750 between 25 and 40 dollars. I have no idea where to start. Any help would be appreciate. Go Noles!
All of the bourbons mentioned are good to excellent but some are hard to find and priced well over 40 bucks. I like Jim Beam Black extra aged for the money. Good sipping.

Do you know what everyone else is bringing? I would think that Four Roses would be a very popular go to in that price range and it would not be as fun if several brought the same thing.

My pick in that price range would be Four Roses, 1792 and Elijah Craig.

If you can get your hands on it, Eagle Rare 10 is the best value by a mile. And if not I recommend Buffalo Trace. Same mash bill as Eagle Rare just slightly less aged.

Elijah Craig. It is easy to find and some listed that are comparable might exceed $40.00. Best bourbon for the money in my book. I prefer it to most that are listed in the same price range. It is a Heaven Hill product which distills many well thought of products. Buffalo Trace is good too and if you can find it that is an excellent choice.

Elijah Craig. It is easy to find and some listed that are comparable might exceed $40.00. Best bourbon for the money in my book. I prefer it to most that are listed in the same price range. It is a Heaven Hill product which distills many well thought of products. Buffalo Trace is good too and if you can find it that is an excellent choice.

This is my under $40 bourbon as well.

Apparently most of the stuff suggested is hard to find in thomasville or has already been bought so I went with Russell’s. I will give an update on how it is. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: -OB1-
Russell's is great for the price and availability, buffalo trace can be found at times and is also great at the price point. Weller at one point was easy to find but good luck now days same with eagle rare lol.
Turkey 101 is something that is solid and always available and underrated for what it is.

Alright guys, need more help. I have another bourbon party to go to Saturday. Rules are has to be between 25-50 dollars for 750 but can not be from a distiller in Kentucky or Tennessee. Any ideas.

Reactions: Nole_Dynasty
Smoke Wagon, High West or maybe pull a curveball and try to find one of the Corazon (tequila) Expressiones that were aged in BTAC (Handy, WLL, BT, etc) for more than 12 months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT