ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Jenner interview

southflanole1

Walk-on
Dec 23, 2006
He used to be good friends with Deckerhoff. Did he buy him the hat? She is still the greatest athlete of my generation. Would run circles around Neon Deion.

Who watched it Thoughts? I watched the entire thing and came out of thinking differently than before it. I say good for him. I can't imagine how he lived with this and hid it for all those years. Must have been so difficult. To each his own and I hope people accept that this is who he is.

Still not a fan of the Kardashian's but he seems like a good dad and good guy.

Reactions: bigmamanole
Did anyone see "him" wearing the 2013 FSU National Champions hat about an hour into the show?

I support people being who they are.

Bruce Jenner? He supports champions.

brucejenner052014_01-full.jpg

Very enlightening. I wish the paparazzi would leave him and everybody else alone. Those people make me sick.

I really like Diane Sawyer's interview style. She can ask tough questions and seam to have the trust to get a from the heart answer.

I wish Bruce the best, I'm sure the thumpers and haters will be coming out soon to say what a horrible role model he is.

I liked the interview a lot. I didn't expect to and I didn't even plan on watching it, but I found myself very compelled by Bruce's story. Couldn't turn it off.

Good for her. Hope she finds peace and I especially hope people leave her alone.

He used to be good friends with Deckerhoff. Did he buy him the hat? She is still the greatest athlete of my generation. Would run circles around Neon Deion.

Respectfully disagree on the "greatest athlete" designation. I am not sure the decathlon is a great gauge of "athleticism." Maybe he was the greatest "track athlete" for a specific period of time, but that is a limited subset of "athletes" in my view. To me, Deion, Bo Jackson, Charlie Ward, Michael Jordan, Rod Carew, Bjorn Borg and many others were far better athletes.

Respectfully disagree on the "greatest athlete" designation. I am not sure the decathlon is a great gauge of "athleticism." Maybe he was the greatest "track athlete" for a specific period of time, but that is a limited subset of "athletes" in my view. To me, Deion, Bo Jackson, Charlie Ward, Michael Jordan, Rod Carew, Bjorn Borg and many others were far better athletes.

Olympic decathlon gold medalists are routinely referred to as "the greatest athlete in the world". As much as I appreciate how great a football player Deion is, I don't think he would have earned that medal.

I really like Diane Sawyer's interview style. She can ask tough questions and seam to have the trust to get a from the heart answer.

I wish Bruce the best, I'm sure the thumpers and haters will be coming out soon to say what a horrible role model he is.

Same type of thread is locked on the TC.

It was a compelling interview. The people who matter most, Bruce's family, support her. That's all that matters. Move along and on to the next story.

More power to him (heard on NPR he preferred the male pronoun). Regardless, best of luck for happiness

Didn't watch the interview, although I felt like I did through people I follow on Twitter. Glad he's happy and at peace.

did she explain her role in the accident in Malibu that killed a woman? A lot of folks get charged with manslaughter in similar cases.

John-Belushi-SNL-Little-Chocolate-Donuts-skit.png

did she explain her role in the accident in Malibu that killed a woman? A lot of folks get charged with manslaughter in similar cases.

I didn't think there was anything to explain. He rear ended a lady who stopped short because of a car in front of her. He hit her and pushed her car into oncoming traffic and she got hit and was killed. Unless he was drunk or traveling at a super excessive speed or texting and driving, I am not sure he would be charged with a crime. It was an accident and it was his fault so I guess the family of the lady he hit could file a civil suit.

I didn't think there was anything to explain. He rear ended a lady who stopped short because of a car in front of her. He hit her and pushed her car into oncoming traffic and she got hit and was killed. Unless he was drunk or traveling at a super excessive speed or texting and driving, I am not sure he would be charged with a crime. It was an accident and it was his fault so I guess the family of the lady he hit could file a civil suit.
Yeah but at best that's a VERY traumatizing situation to be in. To think that if you had stopped a little quicker someone would still be alive. And at worst it sounds like he might have been going way too fast considering he then ran into the car in front of the car he knocked into the other lane. I'd be legitimately surprised if he doesn't end up paying out some money to the family of the woman who died.

Yeah but at best that's a VERY traumatizing situation to be in. To think that if you had stopped a little quicker someone would still be alive. And at worst it sounds like he might have been going way too fast considering he then ran into the car in front of the car he knocked into the other lane. I'd be legitimately surprised if he doesn't end up paying out some money to the family of the woman who died.

Good point. Was not thinking about the trauma possibly causing the rush to do this. So I wonder could a family suing him potentially file a request on some sort of injunction on his surgery as I imagine it might cost quite a pretty penny that he may need in order to pay whatever the family potentially gets awarded.

did she explain her role in the accident in Malibu that killed a woman? A lot of folks get charged with m
I didn't think there was anything to explain. He rear ended a lady who stopped short because of a car in front of her. He hit her and pushed her car into oncoming traffic and she got hit and was killed. It was an accident and it was his fault so I guess the family of the lady he hit could file a civil suit.

this sort of thing is usually called manslaughter, which is a crime. if you are driving so fast and carelessly that you cause and accident, push someone into an intersetion, and kill them, you usually get charged with a crime even if not drunk or texting. Most fender benders are not manslaughter because most fender benders don't have that much force. When people are driving fast enough to have that much force, they are usually paying better attention. Most people who are not celebrities, and even some celebrities, would be facing some jail time.

did she explain her role in the accident in Malibu that killed a woman? A lot of folks get charged with m

this sort of thing is usually called manslaughter, which is a crime. if you are driving so fast and carelessly that you cause and accident, push someone into an intersetion, and kill them, you usually get charged with a crime even if not drunk or texting. Most fender benders are not manslaughter because most fender benders don't have that much force. When people are driving fast enough to have that much force, they are usually paying better attention. Most people who are not celebrities, and even some celebrities, would be facing some jail time.

Thus I said
drunk or traveling at a super excessive speed
. But just not paying attention and rear ending someone that stopped short and on a highway that causes a death, while tragic generally would not cause someone to be charged with a manslaughter in most cases that I am aware of. I do not know the speed limit nor familiar with the location of the accident to make that determination. It sounded like it was on a highway, so going a speed limit of say 70 mph and hitting someone at a dead stop could do it.

He was going 38 MPH (below the speed limit), towing a properly balanced and well under the limit trailer. He tested 0 alcohol and cell records confirm he was not on the phone or texting. If he gets manslaughter from what appears to truly be an accident then we are all screwed.

He was going 38 MPH (below the speed limit), towing a properly balanced and well under the limit trailer. He tested 0 alcohol and cell records confirm he was not on the phone or texting. If he gets manslaughter from what appears to truly be an accident then we are all screwed.

how do you explain the multicar pile up that killed someone? intentional? normal 38 mph fender bender would not have that much force.

your facts don't amount to manslaughter, but your facts don't explain the result.

how do you explain the multicar pile up that killed someone? intentional? normal 38 mph fender bender would not have that much force.

your facts don't amount to manslaughter, but your facts don't explain the result.

There's a full video of the accident and I'd share where it is but it's a site I'm ticked at for their antiFSU propaganda so just take my word for it and don't go looking for it to give the site hits. But, it wasn't that severe of an accident EXCEPT that the other vehicle got pushed into oncoming traffic. Although Jenner's car wasn't going that fast because it had the fully loaded trailer it had a lot of energy which was enough to shove the other vehicle directly into oncoming traffic. If the oncoming vehicle hadn't been there slamming into it with opposing speeds it would have been a very minor accident.

That is simply not true.

Any number of things can happen. You can have an overloaded or larger vehicle that results in lower speeds causing greater force. You can have one car with a hitch so instead of force being absorbed it's transferred to the frame and pushes the front car forward. You can have something as simple as the front car driver's foot coming off the brake when hit.

I have had lots of relatively small impacts result in the front car moving forward a good bit. It's not that unusual.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT