ADVERTISEMENT

Call Me Lefty

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
So, I did this Sunday night. to the bone, but didn't sever the tendons. if there was a time where I really can't be an arm down, it's now.

11813297_10205907045289186_4825176959835448176_n.jpg

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
thats gnarly bro

my buddy posted this to fb a few months ago...table saw

10559915_10152203046671854_3577432433342841325_n.jpg

Sorry about that.

Not paying attention and grabbed my chefs knife at the blade when I thought the cover was on it.

Sorry about that.

Not paying attention and grabbed my chefs knife at the blade when I thought the cover was on it.

I about lost my thumb doing the same thing with a meat slicer. Some knuckle head didn't put the guard on it when they put it away. I reached down to get it and about lost my thumb. Had to get 20 something stitches. It was nasty.

Dafuq, bro? How bout a little head's up?

For some reason I'm reminded of when my wife and I first lived together. I came home from work and she's standing in the kitchen with her arm in the sink. I was able to see her because there was an opening over the sink from the galley kitchen to the living room. Before I could even say 'hi' she asks me, "Do you faint at the sight of blood?"

At this point I'm imagining that she is remaining icy calm with the mangled remains of one hand in the garbage disposal. Fortunately, she had just set a trap for herself by cutting half open a can of pineapple juice, bending the lid to about a 30' angle, and then putting it in the bottom of the fridge, hidden under a drawer. Later when she reached into the fridge she gave herself a nice slice.
Not quite to the bone, but it was a bloody mess.

More likely some fancy new fangled grillin' equipment

Just used a table saw a lot installing a wood floor in my daughter's house. Easily the most cautious I was when using any of the saws I had over there.

Just used a table saw a lot installing a wood floor in my daughter's house. Easily the most cautious I was when using any of the saws I had over there.

Yeah table saws can be a bitch. I swore them off for a while after a little scare about 6 years ago. Took a solid year for the nerves to heal to where it didn't hurt like hell if I tapped something with my thumb. Think when nurse removed the stitches hurt the most. Damn near reopened the thing.

Was kinda funny to be picking off pieces of skin off my shirt sitting in the ER waiting to get stitched up.

jperea.jpg

Reactions: DanC78
ADVERTISEMENT