ADVERTISEMENT

Calling myself out and other Bucs fans

Seminole Chris

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jan 19, 2007
St. George Island, FL.
If they pass on Winston I am done. I suffered through the were early years at big sombrero with Buccaneer Bruce and lots of painful memories. The stars aligned in January 26, 2003 and years of anguish was washed away that day. Regression instead of progression has become the new normal. If they pass on Winston I done with them completely. What will you do?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Haha, Jeff Cameron went from saying he would not stop being a fan if they passed on Winston months back to him saying he would be done with the franchise if they passed on a golden opportunity to finally right the ship.

I would imagined most FSU/buc fans feels the same way.

I'm with you. I can't take it anymore. This is their last shot. Went from season ticket holder (til they drafted Gaines Adams over AP, Patrick Willis, and Marshawn Lynch) to 3 games per season (til they drafted Mark Barron over Luke Kuechly). I went to 1 game last year because I was invited. I really would love to get excited about something. If they pass on Jameis, I'm done. Everyone I've talked to in my circle (including Gator fans) is in agreement. Can't miss franchise QB. They'll find a way to blow it I'm sure!

Seems to definitely be the M.O. of most Bucs/Noles fans. Posted the exact same thing a few days ago.

If they draft him it will completely renew my interest in the Bucs. I've waned badly over the last 5-6 years...

In the same boat! The Superbowl had so many Noles as contributors, it made it even more sweet. After Raheem, Schiano, the Marcus Arroyo "experiment" as our oc, playing McCown when we know he sucks..... If James doesn't go to Tampa, I am officially done. It's killing me to hear Tony Dungy keep plugging for Mariotta. Love Dungy, but when it comes to offense, why would anyone listen to him?

Add me to the list, although admittedly I was pretty much done last season. Can't get excited about anything over at One Buc lately.

Steeler fan here BUT living in FLORIDA since their inception & having to deal with many mean spirited Dolphin fans I always had them as #2. I had hoped the SB win would finally boost them up but the ship sank again. My interest has been low since then and if they don't draft JW then I will care no more. Marietta will get killed on that team. At least with JW they have a chance. Gotta start somewhere...

I'm really hoping the Bucs don't even see it as a debate between Winston and Mariota. There is one clearly defined QB that can come into the Bucs organization and make a positive impact immediately. Jameis has run a pro-style offense, can throw into tighter spaces, has better vision of the field, stronger arm, and not to mention he has more size than Mariota. I may be a little biased on this one, but the Bucs would be making a huge mistake if they pass up on someone with Winston's caliber.

If you are going to be stuck in the lower echelons of your competitors at least try to win over fans. The Super Bowl team had lots of local flavor with Noles and those teams south on the roster. Is it that hard to understand?

Long time Buc fan going back to the sombrero days and while I hope they draft Winston I would be totally fine trading the pick away.

Ideally, trade the pick to the Eagles for Nick Foles plus additional picks. That would give us a pro bowl QB and pick up some o linemen. Win win in my book.

I can live with them passing on winston as long as they trade the pick for a boat load of other picks and go strengthen up the other parts of the team that are weak. I can certainly understand a team being gunshy of the PR issues he can bring. If they pass on him and take Mariota though I tend to agree. That would be a disaster of a pick.

Count me in for another that will be done with the Bucs if they draft Mariota instead of Winston.

I am getting sick of seeing the other NFC South teams win the conference every other year while the Bucs languish at the bottom year after year. Its not like any of the other teams in the South are very good so it should not take much for the Bucs to at least compete with the others.

I can commiserate with you Bucs fans as I was a Miami fan for 30 years before one-too-many boneheaded ownership/front office decisions drove me off for good a few years back. The last straw was when Ross had the gader national championship appreciation day when Timmay & the Broncos came to town. I've been a man without a team since. If TB drafts Winston, perhaps I'll jump on the bandwagon.

I live in TB, but not a Bucs fan. If they take JW, I will start following them. If not , I will just laugh while they continue to fail.

I've been a diehard long time fan since I could first watch and understand football back in 1982... season ticket holder from 1993-2005. Ever since Gruden was let go and the Raheem hiring, the front office has made one poor decision after another.

If they pass on Jameis, that may be the final straw for me. I've already become more and more disenchanted as of late with the NFL and this may just be enough to turn me off.

Originally posted by Naught-Nole-Buc:
I've been a diehard long time fan since I could first watch and understand football back in 1982... season ticket holder from 1993-2005. Ever since Gruden was let go and the Raheem hiring, the front office has made one poor decision after another.

If they pass on Jameis, that may be the final straw for me. I've already become more and more disenchanted as of late with the NFL and this may just be enough to turn me off.

Will you change your screen name too?

Originally posted by Vizike Is Back!:
Originally posted by Naught-Nole-Buc:

Will you change your screen name too?
Yes. Not sure to what yet... maybe I'll let the LR decide on the last part of my screen name if this happens.

Not a Bucs fan, but I don't know how anyone thinks Mariotta is going to be a starting pro QB....college QB's that are not VERY ACCURATE at the college level do not translate into starting NFL QB's.

Marcus is a good kid, but I would really be surprised to see him start more than 8 games in the NFL....though I wouldn't mind being wrong as he does seem like a stand up guy.

Bumping this thread back to life....with new reports out from NFL insiders that Tampa is really considering taking Mariota over Famous Jameis are you guys ready to abandon ship yet?

As a Saints fan, I hope he goes to Tampa so I can watch him regularly on Sundays while playing in the NFC South. I would root for him to do well, it would be difficult for me to not want him to succeed after bringing our Noles back to the promise land.

Not ready yet because I don't believe it. I think its just the media being the media because they need a story for the next month.

If they do, I'll be done however.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT