ADVERTISEMENT

Can any coffee lovers recommend your favorite brand?

To put your life in perspective: MRE Coffee right out of the package in your canteen cup with the powdered creamer---best coffee in the world when drank with your fellow Marines in the middle of nowhere (mostly located in the armpits of the world!)---Thank you Uncle Sam----Semper Fi

A pot of coffee is the way I like to go. Something about a cup of coffee from a fresh made pot gets me going 100mph and a k-cup doesn’t come close.

Folgers Classic Roast.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I don’t use the abominations that are Keurigs or Nespressos as they needlessly destroy the environment with their mounds of plastic cups and tasteless rehydrated bean water. So my recs are only for whole bean (and in a couple of cases ground).

I highly rec Larry’s Coffees. First of all, it’s the best tasting coffee I’ve had on an easy to get regular basis. Second of all, the company is a fantastic example of what companies in America SHOULD be ie organic, paying small farmers in far off poor countries actual living wages rather than a pittance like the big companies, and still makes a decent profit while operating in a zero water/zero energy waste facility. Just a well run, thoughtful and concerned with its global responsibility type of company. IE a company most Magats would want to spray bullets at from their AKs in the safety of their Coal-rolling F-350s for being “woke Cuck libtards”.

I’m always stocked with three of their great whole bean blends, Frenchy French, Cowboy Blend and Bean Martin and I usually have two or three single origin (especially one of their Ethiopian single farm whole beans) for variety.

The only other coffees I typically keep on hand is I do have preground Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee to make NOLAstyle cafe au laits or to add for an extra “deep earthy and slightly bitter kick” to my Larry’s coffees. I also keep Supreme by Bustello Expresso around to make Cuban Coffee almost as good as you can find in Miami. I keep Death Wish whole bean coffee around as well to do by itself or to add an extra caffeine zip from the robusta beans (I believe Larry’s only uses the better tasting but lower caffeine Arabica). And finally I always have the expensive but worth it Green Coffee Trader’s 100% Kona coffee as Larry’s doesn’t do Hawaiian coffee to my knowledge as it’s too wealthy of an area to support.
That's what the reusable cups are for ;)

I generally buy different whole bean products from various sources. What no one mentions (because most of you are too young to even know what it is), is that one of the most important aspects to brewing quality coffee is the method used to brew it. The best tasting coffee is vacuum brewed. Not filtered. Vacuum brewing makes a pot with no visible grounds when you hold it up to the light. In the 50's and 60's most coffee sold in restaurants and drug stores with counters was brewed in vacuum coffee makers made by Corey and Silex.
Percolator on the stove is fantastic as well.

Juan Valdez is fantastic. If you want something special check out Brasstacks or Social House Coffee. They are local joints in Jacksonville.

I prefer Social House over Brasstacks.

And Bagel Love is right down the street.

I don’t use the abominations that are Keurigs or Nespressos as they needlessly destroy the environment with their mounds of plastic cups and tasteless rehydrated bean water. So my recs are only for whole bean (and in a couple of cases ground).

I highly rec Larry’s Coffees. First of all, it’s the best tasting coffee I’ve had on an easy to get regular basis. Second of all, the company is a fantastic example of what companies in America SHOULD be ie organic, paying small farmers in far off poor countries actual living wages rather than a pittance like the big companies, and still makes a decent profit while operating in a zero water/zero energy waste facility. Just a well run, thoughtful and concerned with its global responsibility type of company. IE a company most Magats would want to spray bullets at from their AKs in the safety of their Coal-rolling F-350s for being “woke Cuck libtards”.

I’m always stocked with three of their great whole bean blends, Frenchy French, Cowboy Blend and Bean Martin and I usually have two or three single origin (especially one of their Ethiopian single farm whole beans) for variety.

The only other coffees I typically keep on hand is I do have preground Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee to make NOLAstyle cafe au laits or to add for an extra “deep earthy and slightly bitter kick” to my Larry’s coffees. I also keep Supreme by Bustello Expresso around to make Cuban Coffee almost as good as you can find in Miami. I keep Death Wish whole bean coffee around as well to do by itself or to add an extra caffeine zip from the robusta beans (I believe Larry’s only uses the better tasting but lower caffeine Arabica). And finally I always have the expensive but worth it Green Coffee Trader’s 100% Kona coffee as Larry’s doesn’t do Hawaiian coffee to my knowledge as it’s too wealthy of an area to support.
OH, wait, Tribe is here?

I'm a complete coffee NOOB. I never drank more than 5 cups in a YEAR before March 2020. So, that being said, I really like Community pecan praline. It's not as sweet as it sounds. The pecan actually adds a little bitterness IMO.

Does anyone like the NOLA style coffee and chikory? Same brand. I'm a little mixed on that one.

--ps I drink 3 cups/day now.

Years ago, when we were in Costa Rica, I discovered Cafe Britt coffee. It was what the locals were drinking. When I first started buying it, I had to order it from there and it took weeks to make it to Florida. Now that Amazon is carrying some of the blends, I can get it in a few days. I always buy the whole bean and grind it as needed.

Years ago, when we were in Costa Rica, I discovered Cafe Britt coffee. It was what the locals were drinking. When I first started buying it, I had to order it from there and it took weeks to make it to Florida. Now that Amazon is carrying some of the blends, I can get it in a few days. I always buy the whole bean and grind it as needed.

Where did you go in Costa Rica?

I went here in 2009:

We used to layover in San Jose and I would bring back a bunch of Britt coffee. Good stuff.

25 years ago the wife and I spent our Honeymoon there. We were big into adventure vacations and that seemed like a very fun trip, which it was. The coffee was so good in a local shop in Punta Quepos and ended up buying 4-5 lbs of coffee beans. While standing in line in Atlanta customs, I mention that sometimes people smuggle drugs in containers of coffee beans. I was mainly joking around because all the coffee we purchased was in her bag. As I go through customs I turn back and my wife is about to pass out in fear and pasty white and nervous as a person can be. I can not believe they did not pull her to the side. Obviously that joke did not go over very well and lucky for me it did not end our marriage. It was one of the many stories we can away from that trip. 🤣

25 years ago the wife and I spent our Honeymoon there. We were big into adventure vacations and that seemed like a very fun trip, which it was. The coffee was so good in a local shop in Punta Quepos and ended up buying 4-5 lbs of coffee beans. While standing in line in Atlanta customs, I mention that sometimes people smuggle drugs in containers of coffee beans. I was mainly joking around because all the coffee we purchased was in her bag. As I go through customs I turn back and my wife is about to pass out in fear and pasty white and nervous as a person can be. I can not believe they did not pull her to the side. Obviously that joke did not go over very well and lucky for me it did not end our marriage. It was one of the many stories we can away from that trip. 🤣

Pic of drug smuggling wife?!

• Love
Reactions: West Duval Nole
Was she a “whiter shade of pale”!

• Haha
Reactions: SoddyNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT