ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel the Season for Covid Concerns?

MagNoleA

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 12, 2009
I'm torn between taking our lumps and our medicine and grinding through this season just for the sake of experience for both the young players and the new staff vs. the thought of the upcoming embarrassments, humiliations, massacres awaiting us and the tremendous hit we are going to take in recruiting in playing out this distorted string. Always thought save the season or bust but for what positives other than mentioned above? On the other hand, FSU doesn't hide and we've always said we'll play anybody at anytime so that must be true even during these most difficult times. But it has crossed my mind we could be better off by not playing. But we are not Auburn or any other program that cancel our opponents out of fear of playing them. The Seminole Spirit is Unconquered and ironically it may be best shown this season more than any other!
As Jimmy V. said. Don't Quit! Don't ever Quit! We are going to play and coach our way through this quagmire. GO NOLES! Stay Positive and Test Negative!

Well, you could certainly make that case for ND right now.

lol I’m serious. It’s in our best interest if this ND game doesn’t happen. For recruiting purposes, we don’t need another prime time beat down.

I mean we could always pull an upset and win, I suppose. But realistically, this game is best to just not play. In my opinion at least. Another shellacking does is no favors

the thought of the upcoming embarrassments, humiliations, massacres awaiting us and the tremendous hit we are going to take in recruiting
As @UFoundawaytogo4and8 said, "too late". We're already going to take a huge hit in recruiting, this class probably won't crack the top 20.
I doubt our players care about if you feel humiliated. It’s a frigin football game. Grow a pair of balls.
Unfortunately, the team doesn't seem to care, collectively, anyway. That's part of the problem. Many of the players don't feel humiliated, they're used to having theirs sacks removed every other week. Wish they'd grow some balls, too, but must be hard to do that when they're being emasculated almost weekly for fours years running.
Lol it’s too late for that. We need the season to continue to show growth
^^^This. Start rotating young players and build for the future.

Last edited:
Who’s concerned? The coaches? The players?

lol I’m serious. It’s in our best interest if this ND game doesn’t happen. For recruiting purposes, we don’t need another prime time beat down.

I mean we could always pull an upset and win, I suppose. But realistically, this game is best to just not play. In my opinion at least. Another shellacking does is no favors
I get what you're saying, but everybody pretty much knows it will be a beatdown. Not playing doesn't change that. Recruiting will be black hole until we start winning. We're better off playing, because the only chance of seeing an upswing in recruiting is pulling off a dramatic upset. Said this many times: the renaissance man has to beat teams he's not supposed to beat to move the needle.

I also said this time and time again the last two years: the beatdowns have to stop. They don't appear to stopping and the program will suffer the consequences in recruiting.

Reactions: UFoundawaytogo4and8
Well we can always try the “hey come here and you have a chance to play immediately” sales pitch with recruits.
I’d say after that bring on the bag man but we’re broke and our bags would have chic fil a coupons and iou’s.

I'm torn between taking our lumps and our medicine and grinding through this season just for the sake of experience for both the young players and the new staff vs. the thought of the upcoming embarrassments, humiliations, massacres awaiting us and the tremendous hit we are going to take in recruiting in playing out this distorted string. Always thought save the season or bust but for what positives other than mentioned above? On the other hand, FSU doesn't hide and we've always said we'll play anybody at anytime so that must be true even during these most difficult times. But it has crossed my mind we could be better off by not playing. But we are not Auburn or any other program that cancel our opponents out of fear of playing them. The Seminole Spirit is Unconquered and ironically it may be best shown this season more than any other!
As Jimmy V. said. Don't Quit! Don't ever Quit! We are going to play and coach our way through this quagmire. GO NOLES! Stay Positive and Test Negative!
@goldmom can you come get him? I think it's nap time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT