ADVERTISEMENT

Car Detailing?

FreeFlyNole

Seminole Insider
Jan 2, 2008
How much have you spent on this? I have never had my car detailed, I've always done it myself, but with two kids and a busy weekend schedule I don't have the 3/4 hour time block to do this work. Being a traveling salesman, I live in my car, and probably drive an average of 1000 miles per week, sometimes more. My car is starting to smell like a locker room / cheese cave (specifically frumunda cheese).

It's also 5 years old and, just needs a good thorough cleaning. Looks like the going rate around me is about $200 for the full Monty.

So my questions to the LR brain trust are: Is $200 a fair deal? Have you done this and been happy with the results?

Here is the place I'm thinking of going, they will come and pick up my car and return it.

Depends on what you mean by the full monty.

Wash / vac is usually only 20-30 with tip. You getting a full wax / cut buff? Keep in mind you pay more for the outside than inside. If you really only need the inside clean just do the standard. With kids you might consider upgrading to a carpet shampoo.

If it feels and sounds fair to you, and that's what his competition is charging...then yes, it's a good price.

For me, to expensive...but that has nothing to do with the fair market price. That's because I have a list of things I need that cost $200 and having my car detailed is not at the top.

Let us know how it goes....I'm curious.

FYI...I had a client come to us and ask if we could help him with his new mobile detail business (I do online marketing, advertising, along with a lead software management tool). We ran a campaign for $800 a month. He was picking up 10 new jobs a week. He couldn't keep up with the business. He bought a new van, hired people, and started to manage the business only. It was incredible. It is clearly a new hot business to invest in.

$200-250 is normal here in Chicago. I tend to have it done about once a year. Right after all the winter mess melts

I'd imagine the outside would include wash, clay bar, wax. Inside vacuum, shampoo, wipe everything down. $200 seems reasonable.

Check out Ocean Spray on eau galle next to the bike shop. Don't think they do the pick up/drop off, but they do have the 20yr old chics in butt shorts and belly shirts washing the cars, so you can at least get your old man perv on while you wait.

Seems pricey but that depends on what's included.... but it's cheaper than if you had your boat/truck done. Muy Dinero Mas...

0J0wKA.jpg

I think I'm going to get this one for $164 "Hand wash, hand dry, wheel brightener,windows, interior dash wipe down, vacuum, tire shine. Plus a polish buff to your car's paint to remove oxidation and minor scratches -bringing shine back to the finish. Also: Shampooing your mats, floorsand seats. We also clean between the seats,all of the nooks and crannies of the dash, and door jams"

I need to get my windows re-tinted too, so I'll see if I can negotiate one or the other services down a bit.

RTM is that your boat/truck? You go muddin' in it? That thing is pretty sweet, is it 4wd?

Nope, a local FSU kid/entrepreneur (O'leary buddy) drives it around town and puts banner on the side to advertise local businesses. First time he passes you in the fast lane it's a little frightening, like a boat came off a hitch and is running wild. Once he passes you, you can see him driving it.

He also likes to hire Brazilian girls to sit n the back while he drives around. He says it really helps. He aspires to have a fleet of boat/trucks with Brazilian drivers making him a boatload of advertising cash all over South Florida.

I'm in a small town, but at the little detailing place here, you can get their biggest package (wash, wax, vacuum, shampoo, etc) for around $50.

This is the LR. We just get a new car when the old one looses it's luster!

Reactions: KevNole
Ended up paying $148. Car looks brand new inside. Outside looks great too, but what's that saying? You can't polish a turd? Outside doesn't matter anyway it's love bug season.

ADVERTISEMENT