ADVERTISEMENT

Changes in Booster Priority, Contribution etc.

Contribution is going to have to go up 200 bucks a year to keep my tickets. I can usually only get face value for the 1 big game we have a year but we go to that game anyway (Miami or Florida). I was already contemplating ditching season tickets because of the crappy schedule we have (thanks ACC) and the lack of good OOC home games due to the fact we keep scheduling neutral site games. This may seal the deal.

Champions club isn't selling so they have to get the cash somewhere.

They said it was 8 percent more for most fans but I can't figure where they got that logic from. I used a couple examples and it's significantly higher than this year for the average family of 4... and this assumes they don't increase ticket prices on top of it.

They said it was 8 percent more for most fans but I can't figure where they got that logic from. I used a couple examples and it's significantly higher than this year for the average family of 4... and this assumes they don't increase ticket prices on top of it.

33% more for me in Booster Fee's.

Contribution is going to have to go up 200 bucks a year to keep my tickets. I can usually only get face value for the 1 big game we have a year but we go to that game anyway (Miami or Florida). I was already contemplating ditching season tickets because of the crappy schedule we have (thanks ACC) and the lack of good OOC home games due to the fact we keep scheduling neutral site games. This may seal the deal.

We schedule neutral site games because teams dont want to do home and homes these days.

We schedule neutral site games because teams dont want to do home and homes these days.

Right... which sucks for season ticket holders because instead of getting an Alabama or an Ol' Miss at home we get a USF or a Chattanooga

Looks like mine is up 8.3% but I only have two seats rather than four. And I agree, assuming ticket prices don't go up.

Here's the logic. The approximate 8 percent is on the these Booster membership levels.

$300 to $325 Renegade
$600 to $650 Warrior
$1200 to $1300 Tomahawk
$3000 to $3250 Silver Chief
$6000 to $6500 Golden Chief
$12000 to $13000 Platinum Chief

$135 to $140 Brave (less than 8 percent)
$60 to $70 Iron arrow (more than 8 percent)

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the Champions Club which is selling very well 2400 seats which is already 80 percent toward 2016 goal.

Right... which sucks for season ticket holders because instead of getting an Alabama or an Ol' Miss at home we get a USF or a Chattanooga

They should include the tickets to the offsite games in the season ticket price. I wouldn't mind going to Atl, Orlando, or Jax but they jack the price of those games up and make it a whole separate process to purchase.

Reactions: fsusurfer
You couldnt do that because the allotment each school gets for these games wouldnt match up with the season ticket holders we have.

Here's the logic. The approximate 8 percent is on the these Booster membership levels.

$300 to $325 Renegade
$600 to $650 Warrior
$1200 to $1300 Tomahawk
$3000 to $3250 Silver Chief
$6000 to $6500 Golden Chief
$12000 to $13000 Platinum Chief

$135 to $140 Brave (less than 8 percent)
$60 to $70 Iron arrow (more than 8 percent)

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the Champions Club which is selling very well 2400 seats which is already 80 percent toward 2016 goal.

That's not logical at all because the levels increased and the dollar level increased separately. The levels really don't mean a whole lot anymore in regards to tickets, it's straight money per seat.

This year $1200 got you to a booster level of getting 4 seats in P1 and 2 extras if you wanted them elsewhere. As a young family booster this was a realistic way to get 4 tickets in sections 9,10, and 11.

Now those seats require $400 each ticket. So the minimum would be $1600 to get just the 4 seats. If you actually wanted the other 2 you are out another $330 assuming they aren't in the end zone. So it went up 33% if you only wanted 4 or 60% if you wanted all 6.

Champions club the boosters are positive publicly.... Facing the facts it is not going well. With a big luxury campaign like the club they should have had a goal of 50 percent sold soon after the sales started (the initial rush). I can't figure out why the goal for 2016 would be half the seats sold instead of all of them sold or at least most of them. In other college Club campaigns like this there are examples of every club seat selling before construction began. FSU went big, which is nice, and the boosters told me that only champions club members were going to be allowed to buy unsold seats for each game... then that language was seemingly quietly changed to 'first priority' to club members. This was a huge impact to me because in the event of selling a ticket because I couldn't go to a game I'd sure as heck like to recoup a decent portion of the cost. Competing with the Boosters / ticket office fire sales is impossible and now that it isn't the case the tickets will drastically drop in value like a normal ticket would. The experience I am sure will be great but as a committed ticket holder it would be nice to get some price protection OR just price things properly to begin with. Another lie the boosters told me is the booster levels were locked in for 5 years along with the ticket price. I was told I had to maintain Tomahawk level and the first thing I asked was if the price could change on that. I was assured NO. For 5 years I would be locked into that 1200 per year minimum booster fee and 1500 each ticket. Now it went up!?

This all just means it will be yet another Booster / Ticket office screw the loyal fans over funfest, business as usual.

Reactions: fsusurfer

We don't ever ask for a priority increase without it being need based so please don't think we raise priority for the heck of it. The cost of athletics has risen significantly in the 10 years since we last update our policy, far more than what we are asking with this increase.

Even with the increased ask, our ticket priority policy requirements have been kept lower than the ACC and SEC schools we compete with for recruits and coaches. We have kept it beneath the average of the ACC because we know the cost of coming to FSU games (far from our alumni) is greater.

We ask for an increase in ticket priority because we want to chase excellence.

We all want a team that has a chance to win and contend for championships. We want to build IPFs and facilities to attract the top prospects, provide them with the best resources academically and athletically. We want to hire and retain the best coaches...

And all of that costs money, lots of money.

Whether you attend games in Doak, or watch the Noles on your HDTV, the experience is much more enjoyable if your team has entertaining players with a chance to win every game especially against the arch rivals.

The policy asks our fans to help fund a portion of the cost.

That's not logical at all because the levels increased and the dollar level increased separately. The levels really don't mean a whole lot anymore in regards to tickets, it's straight money per seat.

This year $1200 got you to a booster level of getting 4 seats in P1 and 2 extras if you wanted them elsewhere. As a young family booster this was a realistic way to get 4 tickets in sections 9,10, and 11.

Now those seats require $400 each ticket. So the minimum would be $1600 to get just the 4 seats. If you actually wanted the other 2 you are out another $330 assuming they aren't in the end zone. So it went up 33% if you only wanted 4 or 60% if you wanted all 6.

Champions club the boosters are positive publicly.... Facing the facts it is not going well. With a big luxury campaign like the club they should have had a goal of 50 percent sold soon after the sales started (the initial rush). I can't figure out why the goal for 2016 would be half the seats sold instead of all of them sold or at least most of them. In other college Club campaigns like this there are examples of every club seat selling before construction began. FSU went big, which is nice, and the boosters told me that only champions club members were going to be allowed to buy unsold seats for each game... then that language was seemingly quietly changed to 'first priority' to club members. This was a huge impact to me because in the event of selling a ticket because I couldn't go to a game I'd sure as heck like to recoup a decent portion of the cost. Competing with the Boosters / ticket office fire sales is impossible and now that it isn't the case the tickets will drastically drop in value like a normal ticket would. The experience I am sure will be great but as a committed ticket holder it would be nice to get some price protection OR just price things properly to begin with. Another lie the boosters told me is the booster levels were locked in for 5 years along with the ticket price. I was told I had to maintain Tomahawk level and the first thing I asked was if the price could change on that. I was assured NO. For 5 years I would be locked into that 1200 per year minimum booster fee and 1500 each ticket. Now it went up!?

This all just means it will be yet another Booster / Ticket office screw the loyal fans over funfest, business as usual.

Let me see if I can help you understand what I mean.

More than 30 percent of our donors have no season tickets so their donor level went up by 8 percent. More than 50 percent of our donors who do buy season tickets are not affected by the policy because they give more than the minimum requirement for the tickets they have had in the past, so for them the increase is 8 percent.

If you are paying $1200 Tomahawk and have four $400 seats that is $1600 and a 33 percent increase for you.

If you were paying $1200 Tomahawk and had four tickets in the $325 section, you'd be asked to pay $1300 which again is an 8 percent increase.

If you were in a $200 section, you'd be asked to pay $200 each, which would actually be a 33% decrease if you dropped donor level or $1300 to remain a Tomahawk, again an 8 percent increase.

Your's went up 33 percent because you have the best seats on the east side. The person who has fewer seats, or no seats, went up 8 percent.

As for the Champions Club, we are tracking right where every other club in the country has tracked when they were built. Every club I spoke with said they sold 50-60 percent of their seats by the first home game and 85 percent by the second year. There are early adopters and tire kickers who have to test drive it before they will buy.

As for the 5 year commitment. The $1500 club seat price is guaranteed for 5 years. As for the $300 per seat minimum annual fund contribution, the letter of intent clearly states it is subject to change (ticket priority). But if you have seats in the stadium already, it doesn't matter. If you are a Warrior for your stadium seats, you don't have to pay anything more for two Champions Club seats. It simply means you have to be a Warrior or above to have two club seats or a Tomahawk or above to have four seats. Only if you have no seats in the stadium, and two in the club, you would need to contribute at the Warrior level to receive your parking benefits.

If my writing isn't clear, please call me at 850.508.8690.

The problem with putting a dollar amount on the sections is you've essentially raised the price of the tickets that aren't even worth what we're paying for them. We are warriors. We have our 2 season tickets in priority I. The cost to keep our tickets is going to go up 200 bucks, or 150 bucks above the new Warrior minimum because now the new Warrior minimum doesn't even get you 2 tickets in what was previously priority I. That's a steep increase, especially when I can go on Stubhub and get tickets for games quite a bit below face value 75% (or more) of the time in the same section my seats are in. (Meaning whenever I sell my tickets to the games we can't attend I'm taking a big loss) I do enjoy giving to the University, but at some point value comes in to play for a consumer.

Last edited:
Or you can move to Priorty 3 section and reduce your contribution to maintain ticket. Or you can become TH and get priority for playoff tickets, the choice is yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT