ADVERTISEMENT

Charges Dropped Against Alec Baldwin

FisherWilcoxTaggart Survivor

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 22, 2020
Thoughts?

I generally dislike the guy, but it seemed to be an iffy criminal case. But we see lots of other iffy criminal cases being actively pursued, and lots of very clear criminal cases never being filed (hell, sometimes the criminals are not even arrested). Just goes to show you how the "system" can be quite arbitrary.

Baldwin and the others will likely pay a good bit to settle the civil case.

Sad story all the way around.

I doe nt like him at all but the case was lite at best. It made sense to charge him though as well as the others that were part of the mishap. This was human error its just who's error is the question. Had anyone in the chain of custody checked the weapon this wouldnt have happened.

Worse than that. Several people in the chain of custody who had the formal responsibility for checking the weapon and declaring it safe it explicitly told Baldwin that the weapon was safe.
Very true and they all should be held accountable including Baldwin who was the end and most important link in the chain. He pulled the trigger.

Reactions: surfnole
Did he pay a couple million to the victim's family already?

I'm not sure if that played a role. I think he also lied and said he didn't point a gun at the deceased woman and pull the trigger but ballistics tests proved he did.

I'm not sure.

Did he pay a couple million to the victim's family already?

I'm not sure if that played a role. I think he also lied and said he didn't point a gun at the deceased woman and pull the trigger but ballistics tests proved he did.

I'm not sure.
So did the hole in her body.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
The guy is a narcissistic reptile. Remember him calling his own 12 year old daughter a pig over the phone. It does make the DA office look foolish. Don't ever charge anyone with a crime unless you have the goods. Backing completely out now is so lame; and shows he should have need been charged in the first place. Where did the evidence go to warrant a charge? Whoever handed him the gun without checking is negligent. Why on earth were there any live rounds on the set to begin with? Mind bottling.... What a clearly avoidable senseless tragedy.

Reactions: CC0492
Very true and they all should be held accountable including Baldwin who was the end and most important link in the chain. He pulled the trigger.
They dropped the case when they learned the trigger had been modified and they couldn’t prove he did pull it.

Reactions: BrianNole777
The gun could have discharged without someone pulling the trigger.
Doubt It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Never made sense to charge him. If there’s someone on set who’s job is to provide/clear weapons for scenes and they gave him a loaded gun while telling him it was clear I don’t know what responsibility he has to then also check himself. I don’t know the protocols on Hollywood sets but I can’t imagine it’s standard for the actors to double check their weapons. I also don’t know if it’s standard to not pull the trigger regardless of it being cleared or not. And on top of that, why were there live rounds on the set to begin with?

Apparently the gun had severely worn joints, was not in good condition, and could fire without pulling the trigger. So how foolish does this make the FBI look? Their forensics claimed the gun was in perfect operating order and had a lady go on tv and say so, claiming the trigger HAD to be pulled.

That armorer chick who was more fascinated with posing with the guns for her instagram page than doing her job is going down for this one.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Apparently the gun had severely worn joints, was not in good condition, and could fire without pulling the trigger. So how foolish does this make the FBI look? Their forensics claimed the gun was in perfect operating order and had a lady go on tv and say so, claiming the trigger HAD to be pulled.

That armorer chick who was more fascinated with posing with the guns for her instagram page than doing her job is going down for this one.
So were going to have a globally recognized forensics authority say the gun was in perfect working order then an unnamed entity states that the gun was mechanically improper and could have fired without pulling the trigger. Hmmm does anyone smell salmon?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT