ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly scares me

dafnole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2009
Because of the moves he is making in Philly he very well might be coaching in college within a few years. That will be about the time mcelwain has fallen flat on his face. Hopefully they don't get him
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I doubt UF would go to one of these goofy offenses. It turns a lot of 4 and 5 star talent off. If he comes back he'd be a better fit at Georgia Tech type school, Baylor, Texas Tech,...

roll.r191677.gif

haha that was funny. I agree he won't be in Philly long. Already gave up the NFL's most productive RB the past 5 years for a former Oregon LB. Him going to MM would be dumber than Steve Spurrier making Heisman winner Wuerffel a starter in the NFL.

Lookout for Texas if Chip ever made his way back into the college game.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by FSU94Alumnus:

I doubt UF would go to one of these goofy offenses. It turns a lot of 4 and 5 star talent off. If he comes back he'd be a better fit at Georgia Tech type school, Baylor, Texas Tech,...
UF reached out to him last time. I disagree that it turns elite talent off, Kelly would kill it anywhere in the Southeast recruiting.

Originally posted by shabass:
roll.r191677.gif

haha that was funny. I agree he won't be in Philly long. Already gave up the NFL's most productive RB the past 5 years for a former Oregon LB. Him going to MM would be dumber than Steve Spurrier making Heisman winner Wuerffel a starter in the NFL.
I love Kelly in the NFL precisely because of this. He has a plan and he's working it. Trading McCoy, while not popular, was absolutely a great move, as long as Alonzo stays healthy. And if he gets his hands on Mariota, I think that makes the NFL more interesting. I hope he makes the move.

Originally posted by StClairSeminole:
Not if hes racist.... not gonna do well in the Southeast being a bigot

I actually think Stephen A is a asshat, but hes not 1000% wrong on this.. makes you think

Link: Chip Kelly a racist?[/URL]

Plenty of examples within that link to rebut claims of racism.

So he's kept Cooper? Dude is a role player who knows his role.

If i guessed, I'd bet it was more of a production/money ratio than anything.

I actually think Stephen A is a asshat, but hes not 1000% wrong on this.. makes you think
So why is it being reported Frank Gore and Byron Maxwell will be going there? I mean they are black. IF he was trying to build some white supremacist team, why is he picking these 2 guys up? He wouldn't make it in the NFL as a coach either if he was a racist.

Has he not cut any white players also? And is he the one making all the player personnel decisions, the owner and GM have no say.

Originally posted by dafnole:
Because of the moves he is making in Philly he very well might be coaching in college within a few years. That will be about the time mcelwain has fallen flat on his face. Hopefully they don't get him
3dgrin.r191677.gif
I know the odds on him ever ending up in Gainseville are pretty high, but yes, he would kill it there.

Similarly, I was relieved they kept Muschamp (vive le Muschamp) after their 2012 season because UF would have been a logical place for Charlie Strong (in before someone says having a white wife would eliminate him from consideration) and James Franklin. Either of them would do great at Florida.

I like this dude's style. Supreme confidence in his system.

It's the NFL. All the players are good. It isn't like they can't get good players to replace these guys.

LOL at Screamin' A. Smith. What a moron that guy is. No surprise it came on Crossfire... errrrrr... First Take. That site is exhibit A of why I only watch live sports anymore.

Originally posted by JHoss:

roll.r191677.gif

I love Kelly in the NFL precisely because of this. He has a plan and he's working it. Trading McCoy, while not popular, was absolutely a great move, as long as Alonzo stays healthy. And if he gets his hands on Mariota, I think that makes the NFL more interesting. I hope he makes the move.
Chip Kelly is 3-11 vs playoff bound teams during the regular season and in the playoffs. Same MO he had in college, big regular season stats, stumbles against legit teams and thinks he's the smartest guy in the room b/c people slurp his smoke and mirrors magician show.

Originally posted by West Duval Nole:

So why is it being reported Frank Gore and Byron Maxwell will be going there? I mean they are black. IF he was trying to build some white supremacist team, why is he picking these 2 guys up? He wouldn't make it in the NFL as a coach either if he was a racist.

Has he not cut any white players also? And is he the one making all the player personnel decisions, the owner and GM have no say.
Chip is now in charge of all player and personnel movement.

I'm astounded at the number of people who are questioning Kelly's moves after what New England just did. Why any team would want to be heavily invested in running backs and receivers is beyond me.

I think he made the right moves. Shady only has a few years left, and Maclin has only been healthy for 1 season. Maxwell was a great get, and Gore is an insurance policy to teach the younger backs how to be a pro at a cheaper price. At pick 21 they can get a great back or receiver. I don't see them trading up for Mariotta unless he slips past 10.

Originally posted by nole1111:
I'm astounded at the number of people who are questioning Kelly's moves after what New England just did. Why any team would want to be heavily invested in running backs and receivers is beyond me.
laugh.r191677.gif
cause Nick Foles and Dirty Sanchez just ooze Tom Brady level QB play.

Originally posted by dafnole:
3dgrin.r191677.gif
U of Texas or uf in 3

Originally posted by Rhino_nole:
Originally posted by JHoss:

roll.r191677.gif

Chip Kelly is 3-11 vs playoff bound teams during the regular season and in the playoffs. Same MO he had in college, big regular season stats, stumbles against legit teams and thinks he's the smartest guy in the room b/c people slurp his smoke and mirrors magician show.
Im not disagreeing with you. I just think it makes the NFL more interesting. My opinion is that he will never win a superbowl. But he has a good record, and as you pointed out, he did it without "his" quarterback." I'd like to see what he can do with his team.

I'm still waiting to hear how many championships his system and players won at the collegiate level. As a Redskin fan I am loving this. He didn't win squat in college and will really start racking up the losses in Philly.

Originally posted by MathisJones:

Plenty of examples within that link to rebut claims of racism.

So he's kept Cooper? Dude is a role player who knows his role.

If i guessed, I'd bet it was more of a production/money ratio than anything.
The Philly team calender had Cooper on the February page, it has nothing to do with Kelly being a rapist, which has no legs to it at all, heck, Stephen A. has dropped the N bomb three times on the air at ESPN.

Originally posted by Rhino_nole:
Originally posted by nole1111:
laugh.r191677.gif
cause Nick Foles and Dirty Sanchez just ooze Tom Brady level QB play.
Who said he had a QB yet?

Trading Foles for Bradford seems very strange.I don't see Bradford as the qb of choice for him so if it's a move to acquire an early draft pick with another trade.wouldn't just trading Foles been a better route for the Eagles?

didn't he leave college due to NCAA violations? ironic that Pete Carroll followed in his footsteps and has had more success.

Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:
didn't he leave college due to NCAA violations? ironic that Pete Carroll followed in his footsteps and has had more success.
Success in Philly is just around the corner for Kelly......they worked out Tim Tebow today!

ADVERTISEMENT