ADVERTISEMENT

City's NAACP leader accused of falsifying race

Here's her wedding picture:

1293403366024841541.png

New word: transracial.

I am really enjoying the discussions that everyone is having about this.

Reactions: Bartdog
This really is a fascinating story. In a way, it should be incredibly offensive, but in another, it's quite hilarious.

She got a full ride to Howard, and the university was under the impression she was AA. I'm not sure if it has been confirmed that she got the full ride in some part because she was AA or not though.

We've all known guys like this, but I've never met one that would have tried to actually claim to be AA.

I got to wonder which power-to-be in Spokane she p-ed off for this to be leaked to the media. Spokane is a shady place....comes from being in the crap-a-hole that is eastern Washington.

We've all known guys like this, but I've never met one that would have tried to actually claim to be AA.

I went to high school with a guy, who is white, that was born in South Africa. IIRC, he wasn't a naturalized citizen at the time we graduated high school. He put African American on his college applications which, at the time, everyone thought he was nuts. He got in everywhere he applied and had scholarship money thrown his way.

Depending on your perspective, he is African-American. He might be white but he was born on the African continent. His parents were born in South Africa and so were his grandparents.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJRN
I went to high school with a guy, who is white, that was born in South Africa. IIRC, he wasn't a naturalized citizen at the time we graduated high school. He put African American on his college applications which, at the time, everyone thought he was nuts. He got in everywhere he applied and had scholarship money thrown his way.

Depending on your perspective, he is African-American. He might be white but he was born on the African continent.
I was talking about a 'different' kind of guy, lol, I don't think we've all known a white guy that was actually from Africa.

Although, one of my first crushes as a child was a fourth grade substitute teacher who was a white South African woman, I remember her being quite the dimepiece *giggle* and I even still write my 7s with the line through them to this day because of her.

Depending on your perspective, he is African-American. He might be white but he was born on the African continent. His parents were born in South Africa and so were his grandparents.

What part of him was American?

Good point. So she should be allowed to do it and everyone should also respect her wishes and she should be considered African American.

Why not? If you identify as African-American, aren't you African-American?

She should probably make sure her doctor checks her out for sickle cell anemia.

And as always, the comments are better than the story:

VLADUVLADU 35 minutes ago

"It's amazing to hear the ridicule from the newscasters. There is no difference between the Rachel Dolezal story and the Bruce Jenner saga except one deals with race the other with gender. So, why open up an investigation? Allow her to change her race if she desires. If we can 'change' gender, why not race?"

and....

"National Association for the Advancement of Chameleon People"

If Michael Jackson can change from a black man into a white woman, why can't this white woman turn into a black woman?

I have been enjoying this story immensely, considering we've been told for the last few weeks that we must call a person who still has man parts but identifies himself as a woman, a WOMAN, or else we're just intolerant.
Here we have a woman who for the last 8 years or so has been dressing as black woman, living as a black woman, and identifying as a black woman yet those same people are calling her a fraud! I think all these people not accepting her as black are transphobic. I love it....what a tangled web we weave....
Her fake black dad...

fakedad_zpsvi0pcglh.jpg

Celebrating letting her hair 'go natural' at age 36... lol
going_natural.0_zpstk9wxecs.png

And teaching a college class on the book, How To Be Black. Not shopped, it's a real book.
how%20to_zpscgsgc1ao.jpg

Reactions: Bartdog
You are what you think, or that is now the case in the present day. Such a one-sided view of self-identification is worrisome over the long run, as it is ripe for abuse. If we are to continue identifying ourselves by race, sexuality, or any other human-identified construct, we really need two categories with a gray continuum in between - what you are scientifically (i.e., DNA-defined) and what you think/feel is your identity (i.e., nature/nurture/conditioned-defined). You can't escape your DNA, but there is a possibility that certain brain chemistries or environment lead to different self-identification perceptions that should also be afforded weight. That said, this lady knowingly lied to outwardly support her own self-identification, possibly as a plea for more attention and validation. Hers is a conscious form of self-identification that strains credulity.

I don't understand the surprise with this situation. We (well certain people/groups) have long been doing everything they can as a nation to identify people as something with a hyphen. There are not coaches there are African American coaches, there are no longer basketball players there are gay basketball players, there are no longer illegal immigrants there are undocumented workers; the list is endless. Sure in the beginning people will feel good about being placed or showing special emphasis to certain groups but eventually this comes full circle and then it is nothing more than a joke. One of the first thing that leads to the fall of a culture or worse a nation is to place as many people into a special or segmented group. Nowadays less and less people are just Americans; now we are all "something-American" You can look at how political campaigns are run now it is no longer about what is good for America; but how do I get my special groups to vote for me and thus you pit group against group and they all vote based on a false notion that what is good for them is only good for them and not the nation as a whole.

I don't understand the surprise with this situation. We (well certain people/groups) have long been doing everything they can as a nation to identify people as something with a hyphen. There are not coaches there are African American coaches, there are no longer basketball players there are gay basketball players, there are no longer illegal immigrants there are undocumented workers; the list is endless. Sure in the beginning people will feel good about being placed or showing special emphasis to certain groups but eventually this comes full circle and then it is nothing more than a joke. One of the first thing that leads to the fall of a culture or worse a nation is to place as many people into a special or segmented group. Nowadays less and less people are just Americans; now we are all "something-American" You can look at how political campaigns are run now it is no longer about what is good for America; but how do I get my special groups to vote for me and thus you pit group against group and they all vote based on a false notion that what is good for them is only good for them and not the nation as a whole.

Just let me know when the term "bald-American" starts being used.

One of the first thing that leads to the fall of a culture or worse a nation
Pretty sure I remember this being what caused the fall of the Roman and British empires.

Do some of you even read what you write before you hit 'Post Reply?' If not, start, and read it out loud, especially if you can while other people are around you, that way they can stop you in time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT