ADVERTISEMENT

Clearwater Dining?

Bigman73

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
Spending a couple days in Tampa, and looking for some recommendations for dinner tomorrow evening. Willing to go over into Clearwater. Seafood, steaks, etc. Give me some options!

The Pavilion is a great beach side bar/restaurant. Highly recommend for a good seafood basket, beer, and sunset.

Island Way Grill is a more high end restaurant with some great seafood. Highly recommend if you're looking for a more casual but still nice place to eat. Reminds me of Capt Andersons if you've ever been there in PCB.

That's all I got man...hope that helps!

Reactions: Bigman73
Good info! I'm from PCB, so I can relate with the Capt. Anderson's relation. Thanks much!

Salt Rock Grill (High End Great Seafood and Steaks) Frenchy Rockaway Grill on the Beach (Not high end its directly on the beach Great Grouper its their specialty)

Salt Rock Grill (High End Great Seafood and Steaks) Frenchy Rockaway Grill on the Beach (Not high end its directly on the beach Great Grouper its their specialty)

Yes the grouper sandwich at Frenchy's is very good. A second here.

All good recommendations so far. Any of the Bay Star restaurants are awesome (Island Way, Salt Rock, Rumba, Marlin Darlin). A friend of mine recently took over as head chef at Marlin Darlin in Bellair Bluffs, south of Clearwater. I highly recommend. I think the food at Frenchy's and Palm Pavilion is solid, but not as good as Bay Star's. The atmosphere at those two, however, is outstanding, especially for a sunset dinner overlooking the beach.

Always recommend Guppy's in these threads. If you do not want to go beachside, E&E Steakout Grill is a nice choice in Belle Air. Never cared much for Salt Rock. PJ's, which used to be on the corner of Walsingham and the bridge by Gulf is a great fish house/dive place. Not sure if it is still open. Been 10 years since I have been there.

Agree with the recs on Frenchys. I was in Clearwater last month and had the grouper sandwich at Frenchys. It was probably one of the best grouper sandwiches I've ever had.

So we had Chart House on Wednesday night, which was pretty good but pricey! Who knew grilled grouper was $35?

Went to the Pavilion last night and man, what a sunset! Had the fish tacos, which I had never had on crunchy shells. Turned out to be a great atmosphere on the beach with live music.

Back to reality in PC now. Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Reactions: DanC78
Salt Rock is good, but not in Clearwater, not too far though, Island Way in Clearwater is from the same owner and just as good if not better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT