ADVERTISEMENT

CMA, dirty heads tonight!

Hope you like them Cups, they put on a good show. But they've changed a lot. They don't play a lot of their first album but if you like the new stuff your good. If you've never seen Slightly Stoopid you're in for a treat. And get there early for Stick Figure too. They are really good...

Reactions: DonVito2740
I like to listen to them but am very intimidated to actually go to a show. I can only imagine the people that would be there, especially in this area...

I like to listen to them but am very intimidated to actually go to a show. I can only imagine the people that would be there, especially in this area...

Every show I've been to the crowds have been real mellow. Good mix of people, mostly young but some older guys like myself that listened to Sublime and the Chili Peppers when we were younger...

Stick Figure is awesome! That's the best act of the 3, IMHO.

This will be my first time seeing them. Really looking forward to this show. My three favorite bands right now...

Seeing this tour in St Pete at Vinoy Park (extremely underrated venue) this Sunday

You mean the masquerade? It will be a bunch of younger kids smoking weed. No biggie. Lol

Reactions: cmanole
Seeing this tour in St Pete at Vinoy Park (extremely underrated venue) this Sunday

I'm going to Cocoa which is a lot like Vinoy Park from what I can tell. Going to see Iration, The Green, The Movement and Hours Eastly at Janus in October...

My meeting in NY was pushed back, so it looks like I'll see you at the Cocoa show cman. Hopefully we'll get better weather than last year, it was still a great show.

I love Dirty Heads but Vinoy will be hotter than hell. Saw Dirty Heads w Pepper at Jannus last year which was great.

My meeting in NY was pushed back, so it looks like I'll see you at the Cocoa show cman. Hopefully we'll get better weather than last year, it was still a great show.

Good deal. We'll have to work out something for pregame...

I love Dirty Heads but Vinoy will be hotter than hell. Saw Dirty Heads w Pepper at Jannus last year which was great.

Once you start sweating, it's all the same temperature. I was at that show at Jannus. Jannus is my favorite concert venue I've ever been to. Too bad the new management there seems to be totally clueless, as they a) aren't pulling nearly the best lineups anymore, and b) I went to see Flogging Molly and that day they decided to ban Guinness for some sort of Bud "deal"....so blasphemous.

I'm going to Cocoa which is a lot like Vinoy Park from what I can tell. Going to see Iration, The Green, The Movement and Hours Eastly at Janus in October...

Hope you're going to that Friday show and not that Saturday. That Saturday is Chillin Music Fest at Curtis Hixon (OAR, Ballyhoo, The Supervillians, UNRB, etc). It was awesome last year (The Expendables, Stephen Marley, Pepper, Michael Franti + Spearhead), not as great of a lineup this year, but still a great cast.

Hope you're going to that Friday show and not that Saturday. That Saturday is Chillin Music Fest at Curtis Hixon (OAR, Ballyhoo, The Supervillians, UNRB, etc). It was awesome last year (The Expendables, Stephen Marley, Pepper, Michael Franti + Spearhead), not as great of a lineup this year, but still a great cast.
Yeah, Friday show for sure. Janus is my favorite venue as well. I'll be down with the wife and maybe another couple in October to see Iration. Let me know if you're going to that show so we can throw a few back...

so... Pepper.. Is that the guy who resurrected Sublime? I usually hear it billed around here as "Sublime with Pepper." @QuaZ2002 's post above about Dirty Heads w Pepper had me confused.

so... Pepper.. Is that the guy who resurrected Sublime? I usually hear it billed around here as "Sublime with Pepper." @QuaZ2002 's post above about Dirty Heads w Pepper had me confused.
You're thinking of Sublime with Rome. Pepper is very similar music but totally different band.

Yeah, Friday show for sure. Janus is my favorite venue as well. I'll be down with the wife and maybe another couple in October to see Iration. Let me know if you're going to that show so we can throw a few back...

Unfortunately, I have a work event that night, but have fun!

They opened with Franco Eyed. But It was a little more upbeat version of it. It was much better than the album version. It basically lit the room on fire. Was awesome!

My buddy who has never seen or heard of them loved the show.

They opened with Franco Eyed. But It was a little more upbeat version of it. It was much better than the album version. It basically lit the room on fire. Was awesome!

My buddy who has never seen or heard of them loved the show.

Good deal. How'd you like Stick Figure?

When I see "CMA" and "dirty heads" in the thread title I was expecting a poop thread.

Went to a Dirty Heads concert at Jannus Live a couple years ago with Cman. Definitely a good show and Cman knows how to party.

Trying to forget that one Jim. Whew. Still 'owe' you for that one!

I may head to Vinoy this Sunday to check them out.

CMA: you were supposed to give me a heads up!! Lol

Oh yeah! I'm actually not going to St Pete this time, I'm going to the Cocoa show with PBoog on Friday. I will be down to Janus 10/16 for Iration probably with the wife and another couple if you guys want to meet up then.

Soy Raka opened for them.

Bummer. Me and PBoog went to the Cocoa show. Good time. SS jammed out hard but Stick Figure and DH had to do shortened, acoustic sets due to a weather event not giving them enough time to set up and sound check. Kind of a bummer but what you gonna do...

Went to the St Pete show. Stick Figure only played 4 or 5 songs, didn't get a good feel for them. Dirty Heads played well over an hour and killed it. Then we had a torrential downpour right as SS was coming on. They crushed it as well for almost 2 hours (including several Don Carlos cameos).

Soy Raka played for like 2 hours. I got there at 8:45(doors opened at 7pm). Dirty heads didn't start until like 10 and played maybe 1.5-2 hours.

Went to the St Pete show. Stick Figure only played 4 or 5 songs, didn't get a good feel for them. Dirty Heads played well over an hour and killed it. Then we had a torrential downpour right as SS was coming on. They crushed it as well for almost 2 hours (including several Don Carlos cameos).

Too bad about Stick Figure. You've heard his / their CDs though right? Smoke Stack is killer...

ADVERTISEMENT