ADVERTISEMENT

Coloring Books for Adults

NDallasRuss

Veteran Seminole Insider
Dec 5, 2002
Purcellville, VA
Different from how "Adult Coloring Books" could be interpreted.

Is anyone in here, or your significant others, into this?

I saw an article on cnn.com about it. Seems like a good way to unwind and reduce stress. I got the wife a couple of them to try out - kind of an alternative to sodoku, crosswords, etc. Just wondering if anyone in here has experience with them.

For anyone else wondering, they're coloring books, like you're used to, but with much more complex pictures/patterns. A lot of them are based on geometric designs, like this:

abstract-animal-coloring-pagesprintable-adult-coloring-pages-coloring-page-printable-zentangle-wjrmposx.jpg

It would depend on how long it would take you to design each one. If it were fairly quick, then it might be worth it. The ones that I got off Amazon were each ~100 pages and cost around $6-8 each.

Yeah, hard to beat $6 for 100 pages. Tempting.

They don't take long to draw up because they're symmetrical and you can just mirror them or rotate them. coming up with designs you actually want to color is probably not worth the effort unless that is part of your relaxation.

My wife gets these coloring books at the state fair every year that are for adults. They are symmetrical drawings, kind of like stained glass designs, and they use a different kind of paper that feels "smooth" when you color on it. She loves them.

And, yes, when you Google the term "Adult Coloring Books", you get some real XXX books.

ADVERTISEMENT