ADVERTISEMENT

"Comedian" TJ Miller called in a fake bomb threat to Amtrak

LesClaypool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 12, 2004
Tallahassee
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/t-j-miller-charged-calling-163717163.html

I hate this guy so much. He's the worst comedian I've ever seen. I hated him on Silicon Valley and was thrilled when he was fired. I'm not sure what to make of this though...

According to the complaint, the officer detected slurring in Miller’s voice and asked if he had consumed alcohol that day. Miller replied that he had consumed “one glass of red wine.” Asked if he suffered from mental illness, Miller replied “no, absolutely not. This is the first time I’ve ever made a call like this before. I am worried for everyone on that train. Someone has to check that lady out.”

Investigators later determined that Miller had actually been traveling on a different train than he initially reported. An attendant from the First Class car where Miller had been sitting said Miller appeared intoxicated when he boarded in Washington, and consumed multiple drinks on the train and was removed in New York because of intoxication. The attendant also told investigators Miller had been involved in hostile exchanges with a woman who was sitting in a different row from him in the First Class car.

The complaint further alleges that Miller, motivated by a grudge against the subject female, called 911 to relay false information about a suspected bomb on the train, and continued to convey false information to investigators while the public safety response was ongoing.

The case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, Connecticut State Police, Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Department, Amtrak Police Department and Westport Police Department.

I thought he was awesome in SV. But I’m liking Jin Yang more.

He was awesome on Silicon Valley. On a train, not so much. I do share his affinity for Fage yogurt too.

Fascinating story. I wonder at what point did he realize, it was a really, really, really, terrible good for nothing, bad idea?

My guess is after the initial “take that bitch” hang up rush, it was 60-90 seconds.

You know when this investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Joint Terrorism Task Force is in a story about something you did. I would be concerned about Gitmo or a black site.

She's Out of My League

Thoroughly enjoy that movie, underrated. He is fantastic as one of the sidekicks.

While I enjoyed him in Silicon Valley, he does seem like he's a prick in real life. He did have valid complaints about the writing in Silicon Valley and that the shows are getting predictable in their "Seinfeld" nature. Every episode that starts out well ends poorly, and vice versa. Nothing stays in one extreme or the other.

That side, the tech side of things in the show is very interesting and relevant, so that keeps me going. It is annoying to think that the middle out compression algorithm wasn't able to be profitable via license to cloud storage companies like Dropbox, Instagram, and others that are mentioned in the show. Still, I understand they have to keep the show as a sandbox and tend to limit reach in the show to SV, rather than having a global reach.

Reactions: RTM58
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT