ADVERTISEMENT

Did Cash just pull a Martin?

WhiteDeer

Walk-on
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2007
So close to getting there, pulled Snell with a two hits and the bottom fell out. I’m certainly cheering for him, but also wondering if the curse has carried over to the MLB.

Coaching moves that transition into horrible mistakes happen all the time in baseball, this one was unbelievably devastating. Can you imagine the emotions in the dugout as it played out?

Still, the low-budget Rays need to be pleased with reaching game 6 in the world series and Kevin Cash deserves more than his share of credit for the accomplishment.

While I'm at it, the Coach Martin angle is mean-spirited which seems to be standard operating procedure on the internet.

Yep. Snell was cruising with a still low pitch count. And he had struck out the 3 best hitters whom were coming up to bat 2Xs each.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
Coaching moves that transition into horrible mistakes happen all the time in baseball, this one was unbelievably devastating. Can you imagine the emotions in the dugout as it played out?

Still, the low-budget Rays need to be pleased with reaching game 6 in the world series and Kevin Cash deserves more than his share of credit for the accomplishment.

While I'm at it, the Coach Martin angle is mean-spirited which seems to be standard operating procedure on the internet.
I did not write the post to which you refer, but stating the fact that 11, more often than not, made the wrong call or he would have at least won one College World Series is not mean spirited, it is just true.

I am not a fan of the over thinking analytic baseball manager. Sometimes you need to manage the game with your eyes and not a computer. Snell was humming along and looked strong. I would not have pulled him especially for a relief pitcher that has given up at least one run every appearance in the WS. I probably more mad it was the over spending Dodgers.

Reactions: FSUfan1973
We lost the series when he didn’t pull Glasnow earlier in game 5.... last night pulled snell way to early.

Fun fact: The Rays played (and beat 2 of 3) of the top 4 highest payrolls in MLB:
  • Yankees (#1)
  • Dodgers (#2)
  • Astros (#4)
Incidentally, the Rays are #28 out of 30

Reactions: Adamnole0514
Consultation prize... we need a few
Fun fact: The Rays played (and beat 2 of 3) of the top 4 highest payrolls in MLB:
  • Yankees (#1)
  • Dodgers (#2)
  • Astros (#4)
Incidentally, the Rays are #28 out of 30
monsters at bat... we just can’t get hot enough when it’s needed...

Reactions: Adamnole0514
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT