ADVERTISEMENT

Disney plans vs Concerts and Games

GvilleNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 31, 2001
So Disney may reopen and if they do they have new rules
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...avirus-what-parks-might-look-like/3041020001/

• In phase 1, the park could operate at half capacity; in phase 2, at 75% capacity.
  • Employees would wear face masks.
  • Staff temperatures would be checked prior to their shifts; anyone with a temperature of at least 100.4 degrees would be sent home.
  • Employees with flu-like symptoms would be required to stay home.
  • Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers would be placed at all ticketing entry, turnstiles and each entry and exit for rides and attractions.
  • Railings and surfaces would be wiped down regularly.
Additionally,
* queues for rides and attractions would maintain social distancing with markers spaced 6 feet apart
* Employees 65 and older would be encouraged to stay home in both phases 1 and 2
* Staff would also wipe down surfaces at random
***********************************************************************************************

Can not do this stuff at concerts and games can we?

· In phase 1, the park could operate at half capacity; in phase 2, at 75% capacity. Maybe fans can go to every other game .. sit on every other row?

· Employees would wear face masks. Maybe we all wear them?

· Staff temperatures would be checked prior to their shifts; anyone with a temperature of at least 100.4 degrees would be sent home. We can do this

· Employees with flu-like symptoms would be required to stay home. We can do this

· Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers would be placed at all ticketing entry, turnstiles and each entry and exit for rides and attractions. We can do this .. not sure if helps if sitting 24 inches from a dozen folks .. food stands and bathrooms

· Railings and surfaces would be wiped down regularly. We can do this .. not sure if helps if sitting 24 inches from a dozen folks

· queues for rides and attractions would maintain social distancing with markers spaced 6 feet apart If your sitting 6 ft from others on every other row the stadium is maybe 20-25%% capacity

· Employees 65 and older would be encouraged to stay home in both phases 1 and 2 Can we do this .. is a lot of our larger boosters either over 65 or with pre-existing conditions?

· Staff would also wipe down surfaces at random We can do this .. not sure if helps if sitting 24 inches from a dozen folks .. food stands .. bathrooms

All I am saying it concerts and games do not compare to anything else.

· In phase 1, the park could operate at half capacity; in phase 2, at 75% capacity. Maybe fans can go to every other game .. sit on every other row?

· Employees would wear face masks. Maybe we all wear them?

· Staff temperatures would be checked prior to their shifts; anyone with a temperature of at least 100.4 degrees would be sent home. We can do this

· Employees with flu-like symptoms would be required to stay home. We can do this

· Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers would be placed at all ticketing entry, turnstiles and each entry and exit for rides and attractions. We can do this .. not sure if helps if sitting 24 inches from a dozen folks .. food stands and bathrooms

· Railings and surfaces would be wiped down regularly. We can do this .. not sure if helps if sitting 24 inches from a dozen folks

· queues for rides and attractions would maintain social distancing with markers spaced 6 feet apart If your sitting 6 ft from others on every other row the stadium is maybe 20-25%% capacity

· Employees 65 and older would be encouraged to stay home in both phases 1 and 2 Can we do this .. is a lot of our larger boosters either over 65 or with pre-existing conditions?

· Staff would also wipe down surfaces at random We can do this .. not sure if helps if sitting 24 inches from a dozen folks .. food stands .. bathrooms

All I am saying it concerts and games do not compare to anything else.

Where to start...concerts and games do not compare to anything else...

Well, they kinda do...think Bellagio, Mandalay Bay or MGM on a weekend night. Think of a packed subway or a transcontinental or international flight that take hours. Subways in NYC are kinda cramped, and Cruise ships also come to mind.

Question 1-Fans are allowed to attend every other game-Who decides who gets to go to what game? “Oh, you take Samford, I’ll take Clemson”. That’ll go well.

Question 2-Who are the mask police? What are the consequences if I take my mask off because it’s 100 degrees in the shade at the game?

Question 3-Who has their temperature taken? Why only staff? Why not every fan, too? That might slow the entrance process to like three or four hours.

Question 4-I think we all agree anyone (staff and fans) with flu like symptoms should stay home, but who is checking? Not everyone with this nightmare has a fever. Again, who are the flu symptom police?

Question 5-You can put 10,000 sanitizers in Doak, people need to use them.

Question 6-Railings would need to be wiped down incessantly, as would bathrooms, etc. Doable, sure, but you would need several hundred more employees for every single game

Question 7-Anyone over 65 won’t be admitted, and anyone with a pre-existing medical condition isn’t allowed either. Ummmm, so we ID everyone at the gate, kick out the 65 and older crowd regardless of their fitness, and everyone under 65 would need to bring their medical history to prove their good? Gotcha

Question 8-Cleaning random surfaces, absolutely can be done, but hundreds more need to be hired.

I’ve often wondered what Disney considers “capacity” at its parks?

Trade secret....google yields 100k max, but unsubstantiated. When we took our son there in the late 90s, early 2000s when he was 5, 6, etc....it seemed like capacity was like 1,000,000...

Reactions: Dr. Nole
Trade secret....google yields 100k max, but unsubstantiated. When we took our son there in the late 90s, early 2000s when he was 5, 6, etc....it seemed like capacity was like 1,000,000...
Been there enough times when you want to ask them “what the heck”!? How do you expect people to be able to ride half of the rides here they want to with their kids with so many people here? It’s almost a joke that to take your little one on the Dumbo ride you have to wait 2hrs plus...

Reactions: FSUDoles
Been there enough times when you want to ask them “what the heck”!? How do you expect people to be able to ride half of the rides here they want to with their kids with so many people here? It’s almost a joke that to take your little one on the Dumbo ride you have to wait 2hrs plus...

We became experts before the fast pass era. Stayed on property, surprise openings, crushed the rides he/we wanted to do numerous times, then hit the room midday for nap/pool/drinks, then back after the brutal heat of Summer...simpler times my friend.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
I read an interesting article a few days ago about how these huge theme parks work. To say they have in depth metrics to maximize every dollar is an understatement. It’s really pretty fascinating how those parks work. I’m not that into them outside of a trip to Busch Gardens every few years. The thought of standing in a line longer than 20min for a 1 min ride isn’t appealing to me.

I read an interesting article a few days ago about how these huge theme parks work. To say they have in depth metrics to maximize every dollar is an understatement. It’s really pretty fascinating how those parks work. I’m not that into them outside of a trip to Busch Gardens every few years. The thought of standing in a line longer than 20min for a 1 min ride isn’t appealing to me.

I don’t blame ya a bit, but when the kid was little, he really liked Disney, all parks. We avoided the peak dates, a real luxury for us Floridians.

I don’t blame ya a bit, but when the kid was little, he really liked Disney, all parks. We avoided the peak dates, a real luxury for us Floridians.
Oh, no, I get it with kids. You gotta take kids to those places. I just look at some adults who wait in line for hours to ride whatever new ride and I think it’s utterly insane.

Oh, no, I get it with kids. You gotta take kids to those places. I just look at some adults who wait in line for hours to ride whatever new ride and I think it’s utterly insane.

Ooofff, no chance....mind numbing.

We became experts before the fast pass era. Stayed on property, surprise openings, crushed the rides he/we wanted to do numerous times, then hit the room midday for nap/pool/drinks, then back after the brutal heat of Summer...simpler times my friend.
Anyone with young kids in the 90's that didn't know that the first thing you do at the Magic Kingdom is run like hell down Main Street, go through Cinderella's castle and head to Dumbo didn't do their research. Or pick any "best attraction" (with a painful waiting experience) you can think of. I just found waiting outside for Dumbo in the heat to be particularly painful. I can stand in line in the AC for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Pirates.

Anyone with young kids in the 90's that didn't know that the first thing you do at the Magic Kingdom is run like hell down Main Street, go through Cinderella's castle and head to Dumbo didn't do their research. Or pick any "best attraction" (with a painful waiting experience) you can think of. I just found waiting outside for Dumbo in the heat to be particularly painful. I can stand in line in the AC for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Pirates.

You were running with us in the late 90s/early 2000s...arrive as soon as they opened, hit Space Mountain a few times, Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain, Pirates...we were pros....standing in lines in 100 degree heat, ....not for this kid. Simpler Times....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT