ADVERTISEMENT

Does JW Settle to Make it Go Away?

Noles76

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Charleston, SC
www.sidestepcarolinas.com
While I believe she deserves nothing, is it easier for JW to settle for $1-2M just to make it all go away?

Could give her a small piece if $16M signing bonus and she is required to never talk to press about it again.

Even if found innocent in civil case, will cost him that much in money and take away from what he needs to be doing which is bring the best QB in football.

Just saying...

yes he settles....assuming she is reasonable, he cuts her a 3 mil check and gets out for a cool 4.5 after costs......then makes a killing advertising crab legs....

otherwise, he hunkers down.....he can't give it all away....

It makes me sick to think she could get money when she is a lying piece of crap, but it is always an option. Everyone says this, " look at Kobe and Ben, they were accused and now it is barely talked about". That is because they both paid off their accusers.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
That $16 million signing bonus is closer the $8 million after Uncle Sam takes his half. And if he pays her off, the perspective of many, including some who now support him, is that he is admitting some measure of guilt.

Reactions: noleinpc
Nfl will push him too

But why. She already ruined his rep. Extortion is to remove the threat of destroying someone. She already did

Surprised we haven't seen more ladies use this method of cashing in

Sadly there are real women victims out there who are harmed by this women's attempt to gold dig

I understand the immediate emotional response of not wanting her to get rewarded for being basically a lying slut. However, if you are Tampa Bay do you want your franchise QB tied up in something that could take 6 months away from him being 100% committed to football?

If they can find a way to say no admission of guilt but JW is doing the mature thing, the professional thing, and moving on then I say it is a win for him.

Yes the bonus after taxes takes a hit, but 3-4 years from now his second contract will be $100M+ so the investment would be worth it

It's his money and his life, but if I'm a betting man NOOOOOOOPE.
I don't think he will settle. It implies doubt of innocence, and several time Jameis has said having this thought of him hurts the ladies he loves...Mom, Grandmother, and girlfriend.

I hope he doesn't. There are still "journalists" who refer to him as a rapist as if he's already been tried and convicted, never mind the piles of evidence... Would love to see them finally get a dose of sthu.

That $16 million signing bonus is closer the $8 million after Uncle Sam takes his half. And if he pays her off, the perspective of many, including some who now support him, is that he is admitting some measure of guilt.

This guy gets it. And if you "immediately" start throwing around settlement dollars, watch others crawl out of the woodwork with similar claims/demands. He needs to let the lawyers beat her up a good bit before he considers settlement.

If I'm Winston, I settle with Kinsman but also have the police charge him with a misdemeanor for solicitation. The extra $1000 fine would be worth it to have it officially recognized that she's a whore.

Reactions: Coggin
If it was me, I would not want to settle with an agreement that she never talks about it when she has already appeared in a movie saying he raped her. That movie will speak forever even if she doesn't.

Reactions: BloodyNoseJose
This will become a business decision, simple as that.

He is going to spend the money, whether it's on his attorneys or EK with a settlement. Now it becomes a perception and math problem. How much to make it go away for good and take the publicity hit or how much will it cost for attorneys and the possible risk of a judgment against him.

My gut feeling says settle with a airtight confidentiality agreement.

The money he is going to make on endorsements with this going away is much more than what he will spend on making it go away. The more this is in the news, the longer it will delay endorsement deals. Pay her off, have her (and all involved) sign big time NDAs and have it go away. One year from now, nobody will remember it and he will be doing Chunky soup commercials.

He is going to spend the money, whether it's on his attorneys or EK with a settlement. Now it becomes a perception and math problem. How much to make it go away for good and take the publicity hit or how much will it cost for attorneys and the possible risk of a judgment against him.

As long as she and her attorneys do not get too greedy, he will settle.

The thing is, all of her story is already out there.

You can't pay someone to keep quiet who has already put you on blast. She has backed Jameis into a corner where all he can do is defend his name against all the BS!

I wouldn't settle.. I would clear my name where the only thing left to say is cover up... And we all know that isn't true either.

Reactions: Daddy-OO and AdNole
The thing is, all of her story is already out there.

You can't pay someone to keep quiet who has already put you on blast. She has backed Jameis into a corner where all he can do is defend his name against all the BS!

I wouldn't settle.. I would clear my name where the only thing left to say is cover up... And we all know that isn't true either.

Delay.

As a general rule, all delays help defendants.

The plaintiff is poor; the defendant is rich.

Delay; wear her skanky white trash ass out.

There is no way that her aunt could allow a settlement to stay confidential.

I wonder if he can delay a civil suit until the statue of limitations on any criminal charge expires. Is it fair to JW to have him in civil court and basically waive his right to the 5th, since that right does not apply to civil courts.

It would look bad to a jury if he doesn't testify in a civil court so he would be at a disadvantage.

No such thing.

ADVERTISEMENT