ADVERTISEMENT

Don't sleep on Tebow----

dongus

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2009
While searching for information on baseball pitching mechanics for my grandsons, I discovered this past week that Tim Tebow ha d been tutored by Tom House (known as the throwing doctor) this past year . I found that House has been a respected tutor for Tom Brady, Drew Brees and a half dozen other NFL QBs. They meet every off season for refresher tutoring. They all gave props to House for their success.

Tom house was asked by a reporter why he thought Tebow would profit from his coaching whereas he hadn't improved his throwing from coaching he had received from NFL QB coaches. House replied that he did may have received proper coaching but Tebow had an elongated motion developed as a baseball pitcher in high school. He further said that it takes 1000 repetitions to change bad habits and no one was patient enough to stay with Tim long enough to break the bad habits. He also said that Tim has thrown thousands of repetitions in practice this off season. He did not guarantee his success this coming season saying time will tell if he will succeed.

Tim Tebow was asked why he persists on this pursuit with so much negative results in the past. He replied that he has had a dream since he was a little boy to play football in the NFL and he could not live with himself if he did not try everything he could to pursue his dream. As a sports fan I have to admire Tim as his pursuit is what sports is about. With the Eagles he will be in the same offence as he had @ fu. Time will tell.

While searching for information on baseball pitching mechanics for my grandsons, I discovered this past week that Tim Tebow ha d been tutored by Tom House (known as the throwing doctor) this past year . I found that House has been a respected tutor for Tom Brady, Drew Brees and a half dozen other NFL QBs. They meet every off season for refresher tutoring. They all gave props to House for their success.

Tom house was asked by a reporter why he thought Tebow would profit from his coaching whereas he hadn't improved his throwing from coaching he had received from NFL QB coaches. House replied that he did may have received proper coaching but Tebow had an elongated motion developed as a baseball pitcher in high school. He further said that it takes 1000 repetitions to change bad habits and no one was patient enough to stay with Tim long enough to break the bad habits. He also said that Tim has thrown thousands of repetitions in practice this off season. He did not guarantee his success this coming season saying time will tell if he will succeed.

Tim Tebow was asked why he persists on this pursuit with so much negative results in the past. He replied that he has had a dream since he was a little boy to play football in the NFL and he could not live with himself if he did not try everything he could to pursue his dream. As a sports fan I have to admire Tim as his pursuit is what sports is about. With the Eagles he will be in the same offence as he had @ fu. Time will tell.
My guess he is the red zone guy .. if so he only needs to throw it 10-15 yards.

My guess he is the red zone guy .. if so he only needs to throw it 10-15 yards.

I thought he was brought in as a gimmick guy for the possible extra point/2 pt conversion rules change that was speculated to happen. Now that it is not going to happen as planned, i'm thinking he will be cut soon.

Timmy is getting his shot. If there is any system in which he can succeed it's that one being run by Chip and the Eagles.
Tim is a guy who never learned to say "uncle". My guess is that the only place that will ultimately adore him is Gainesville.

Tom House knows a lot and he's got a willing student in Tebow. It's hard for any of us to like Tebow but the guy will work relentlessly. The delivery should get faster but the reads and grasp might still be slow. I hate the Eagles so it won't bother me a lick if both fail.

I found that House has been a respected tutor for Tom Brady, Drew Brees and a half dozen other NFL QBs.

Brady and Brees both played baseball as well and probably more than Tim. Brady was drafted in baseball out of high school and Brees probably would have been too if he didn't hurt his knee, but still had college options if he wanted.

Tim has had plenty of time to correct the motion since focusing solely on football. He had much more than 1000 reps in college and has worked with a ton of people after. If it were going to change it should have changed by now. Winston had some of the same issues and didn't take him very long to correct it.

And as someone else above already mentioned, he has more issues than just a throwing motion that aren't so easily corrected.

Yes, ESPN now controls warchant posters too. The problem is everywhere!!
And Timmy draws a paycheck from Disney. They will push it until he is cut.

The only way he is on the roster week one, is if the other qb's are on IR.

ADVERTISEMENT