ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles sign Tebow??

RDCNoles

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2013
Gulf Breeze
Siap. Eagles just sign t.bow

Do they just want to suck, or what. I sure hope many of you are not Eagles fans. Sorry if so

Re: Siap. Eagles just sign t.bow

I'm a Cowboys fan and this makes me smile lol. Terrible signing

Camp fodder. Signs offseason contract, no guarantees and is cut in summer
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Tebow to the Eagles

Team Chaplin or circumcisor?

Re: Tebow to the Eagles

Another head scratching move by that organization.

The kid can't play. He never could. Even in college he was throwing to wide open receivers b/c Rich Rod's system woks fantastically. He hasn't even played for 2 full seasons in the NFL. As a quarterback he got better during that time being a booth analyst on TV? Highly highly doubtful.

This post was edited on 4/19 7:12 PM by Archetype

They worked him out weeks ago. Probably going to back up Mariota in the spread offense.

Eagles sign Tebow...

To a 1 year contract. I am happy for Ole Tebow. Hope it works out!

Re: Eagles sign Tebow...

Didn't know they used a fullback in Chip's offense.

You are happy for tebow??

I stop eating at PDQ because I found out he owns part of it, needless to say I will never be happy for him

Eagles QB's

Statistically speaking, the Eagles now have 3 of the 5 worst QB's over the last 5 years. Chip Kelly....genius or idiot? Time will tell.

I'm happy for 2 reasons:

1) I'm a Giants fan; and

2) He will no longer be on the SEC Network for ESECPN. He'll no longer be there when I'm watching college.

and a possible 3rd reason being, this may get Chip Kelly back to college faster (as long as he doesn't end up at a school that FSU plays annually I'm hoping for this).

Anyone else hope tebow gets to play

So we can once again see how sorry he is in the pros and laugh at his cult followers

Originally posted by goldmom:
Are you serious Chip Kelly?
Seems that the Eagles organization is having a trouble with excess foreskin........enter Tebow!

Originally posted by Rishi:
I'm happy for 2 reasons:

1) I'm a Giants fan; and

2) He will no longer be on the SEC Network for ESECPN. He'll no longer be there when I'm watching college.

and a possible 3rd reason being, this may get Chip Kelly back to college faster (as long as he doesn't end up at a school that FSU plays annually I'm hoping for this).

You're assuming he makes it through training camp and out of pre-season cuts. If Belichek couldn't find a way to use him, I don't see Kelly finding a role for him ... unless he gives up being a QB.

So how will Tebow do with the Eagles?

We all know (cough cough) that the only reason he hasn't succeeded before was not because he just isn't a good pro qb.

It was because the teams that he was on deliberately sabotaged him by having bad OL's, bad receivers...basically they just never gave him a chance.

I wonder what the Eagles have up their sleeves so that Tebow can't succeed?

Re: So how will Tebow do with the Eagles?

He and EK are competing to set a record of failure.

At which position?
QB
FB
Clipboard holder

Not sure why everyone is in an uproar about this, he will never be on the 53 man roster, and he actually could be useful in practice with this offense. If he proves worthless in practice, he will be gone, plain and simple, but, IMO, he will never take a snap in a game, maybe in preseason (which will take snaps away from others), but I think this has a lot to do with absolutely nothing!

1 percent chance he makes the roster

Well enough to be back on set with the SEC network for the uf vs. New Mexico State match up

He will be the second coming of Kurt Warner and lead the Eagles to their first ever Super Bowl win.

You can't make this stuff up.....Timmy's QB coach for this comeback is the same guy who actually (in the bullpen) caught Hank Aaron's record breaking 715th home run, Tom House.

Originally posted by Semiologist:
You can't make this stuff up.....Timmy's QB coach for this comeback is the same guy who actually (in the bullpen) caught Hank Aaron's record breaking 715th home run, Tom House.
House was also one of the first players to admit using steroids, he admits to using them while playing in the 1970's.

Screenshot_2015-04-20-16-14-17-1_zpsljjrtstf.png

How ticked are all these new Eagles fans going to be when he gets cut before the season?

Extra Point in the NFL. They are considering moving it back to the 15 yard line for kicks and to the 1.5 yard line for a two point try. Tebow sucks as a QB, but he is a weapon on short yardage situations, (hate to admit that). If the rule isn't changed, he will be cut, if it is changed he will be a nice asset to use a handful of times a game. Chip Kelly loves to try and steal points, this is nothing more than that. So Tebow may yet become a NFL QB, but will never be a starter.

Last edited:
If you're saying the Eagles are bringing him back just for two-point opportunities on the PATs, I'd say you're crazy. They have to pay him the league minimum (at least), plus healthcare, retirement, etc. That's a lot of $$$ just for one or two plays per game (tops). If you have the lead, you never go for two. I think this is grasping.

ADVERTISEMENT