Elvis!

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
Any other Elvis fans in here?

I could listen to him sing all the time

The man had such animal magnetism about him

I don’t think there’s a song he couldn’t sing

I had a chance to see him in the 70’s in s Florida but decided to catch him at another time
Big mistake he passed in 77, two years after I graduated high school

Anyways, was just listening to bridge over troubled waters by him
Brought a tear to ol itch’s eyes

My ol' lady loves him to death... especially his gospel music.

Oddly enough, she didn't care much about the recent biopic based on his life. I thought it was a quality effort.

Any other Elvis fans in here?

I could listen to him sing all the time

The man had such animal magnetism about him

I don’t think there’s a song he couldn’t sing

I had a chance to see him in the 70’s in s Florida but decided to catch him at another time
Big mistake he passed in 77, two years after I graduated high school

Anyways, was just listening to bridge over troubled waters by him
Brought a tear to ol itch’s eyes

Great singer and guy.

It's sad his daughter passed from the same fate recently.

I hope they are reunited now.

Love some Elvis music. I like his gospel music too. I was force fed gospel as a kid probably in hopes in would brainwash me somehow but what stuck is I like the music. Especially when done by ones like Elvis and George Jones.

My ol' lady loves him to death... especially his gospel music.

Oddly enough, she didn't care much about the recent biopic based on his life. I thought it was a quality effort.
They touched on Elvis a bit in the Johnny Cash movie "Walk the Line". It wasn't very flattering.

Reactions: goldmom
He was one of a kind. Mrs. Ed (no pics) and I saw him in his final Atlanta show at the Omni, a few months before his death. Terrific show, surpassed only by the adulation of his adoring fans--and he was only a shell of what he once was.

And I also thought the movie was terrific; it showed who he really was, warts and all. My favorite song will always be "In the Ghetto".

I’m of an age where I can just remember Elvis on the Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.
I wanted an Elvis record so my Mom said if I would do the dishes for a week she’d buy me a single. I got Don’t Be Cruel and the flip side was All Shook Up.
That single got me into the Elvis Fan Club started by the 5th grade girl down the street. She had pictures of Elvis on the walls in her room and I was thrilled as a second grader to be in with the cool kids.
Mom still wouldn’t allow me to go to Elvis movies though. Not until 5th grade anyway.
I still remember the day he died and how it dominated the news. August 1977.

Johnny cash is a favorite of mine too, but I would imagine a lot of those who had to compete for airtime back then didn’t like Elvis too much!

I’m of an age where I can just remember Elvis on the Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.
I wanted an Elvis record so my Mom said if I would do the dishes for a week she’d buy me a single. I got Don’t Be Cruel and the flip side was All Shook Up.
That single got me into the Elvis Fan Club started by the 5th grade girl down the street. She had pictures of Elvis on the walls in her room and I was thrilled as a second grader to be in with the cool kids.
Mom still wouldn’t allow me to go to Elvis movies though. Not until 5th grade anyway.
I still remember the day he died and how it dominated the news. August 1977.

My maternal Grandfather saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show and told his 8 kids "they'll never make it." 😆 🤣 😂

Frank Sinatra said essentially the same thing! LOL
Sinatra had an interesting childhood not widely known.
As an adult he had an interesting hobby that apparently carried over that was a
fascination with toy trains. As he approached retirement he had accumulated a large collection of vintage Lionel trains and had a separate area on his estate where he spent time as a serious hobbyist.
Elvis did prescription drugs, bought Cadillacs at random dealerships for people who happened to be in the showroom and then he went home to enjoy fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT