ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN pushing Cricket

BusTV

Starter
Aug 6, 2012
Frederick, Maryland
www.frederickyouthsports.com
Wonder if ESPN has just signed some sort of contract to broadcast Cricket. It has been all over the website for the past few days.

I can't imagine that there is enough mainstream interest for them to be pushing it without some sort of financial reward. Much like they pushed the JW story, for viewers there must be something more to it.

The ICC Cricket World Cup is going on. Maybe testing the waters since it's a once in four years event?

Yeah, I noticed that a couple weeks ago as well.

Anyone want to take any bets how long it is before folks start arguing that cricket is better than baseball like they do for soccer and football?

I'm hesitant to say never but a big reason for the push of soccer is the constant live action and fact a game takes less than 2 hrs. So much better than baseball and for many football. Cricket goes the other direction in taking a very long time. I think they are looking for that niche group of fans for their online platforms.

I wish they would show professional bull riding or other college sports if they want to venture out. I have more interest in watching grass grow than cricket or soccer played overseas.

I clicked on the "watch live" link and they promptly asked me to donate $99.99 to watch the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
laugh.r191677.gif

They keep pushing lady-basketball too (never seen so many airballs in my life).

Every Saturday, instead of getting college baseball or mid-major basketball, they put lady-basketball all over the ESPN channels. I just don't get it.

ESPN is based out of the CT, the only state that cares more about women's college basketball than college hockey or baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT