ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN reporter suspended for ripping towing company employee

Formerly Rockymtnole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Feb 9, 2013
We all hate getting towed, but she might've taken it a bit too far... video in link
159dbfbee4c35fea259c20ffaecbbfb4.jpg

ouch

If you've ever had your car towed in Tallahassee you can understand where she is coming from. Those people are damn sharks. Sucks she got caught on camera but damn did the over weight lady with no teeth behind the glass have the last word by looking her up and releasing the video. Well played.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

She has a history of telling people that she went to the Northwestern School of Journalism as if her story-breaking ability got her the job at ESPN. She was a backup sports anchor behind Tim Brandt here in DC and never was involved in any story of substance. She is not liked by other media in the area and it wouldn't surprise me if one them tipped off Deadspin and Awful Announcing.

Take a look at her twitter, she posts more photos of her "working" than anyone in the field. Narcissistic.

If this was a guy, it would have been longer than one week.

Originally posted by 12Nole:
If you've ever had your car towed in Tallahassee you can understand where she is coming from. Those people are damn sharks. Sucks she got caught on camera but damn did the over weight lady with no teeth behind the glass have the last word by looking her up and releasing the video. Well played.
Yea, I'm not even mad. If it was a situation like Tally or New Orleans where it's just an outright scam and cash grab, then I don't think anything she said was wrong. She just got caught.

No reason to be nice to the people that are robbing you.

I don't think she should have been suspended, those places are predatory rip off artists.

Tallahassee is the worst.

She should have burnt the place to the ground.

There aren't enough horrible things you can say to those dirtbags.

Originally posted by 89nole:
Not a lot of love for espn employees or tow companies.
+1. Funny how some call the towing company 'sharks', yet think E$ECPN hanging around every day throwing around outlandish headlines are not 'sharks'. They deserve what they get and good for the towing company.

What a entitled princess bitch. But shes blonde and pretty. ESecPN will suspend her for a week and welcome her back.

First, the women behind the counter didn't tow her car, she just works there. What a f#@king snobby elitist she is. Mocking out the women's weight, teeth education, just pretending she's SO MUCH BETTER. She's fluff, that's why she's hired, that's why she has the job, she's eye candy..

She's blonde and ok looking but no chance in the world she'd ever get a job at FOX News.

They should go ahead and part ways with her. I have personally have never heard of her, so I am assuming she isn't a major reporter for them, and after this, will she ever be taken seriously? If I were ESPN I would go ahead and fire her.

This post was edited on 4/16 10:52 PM by Cubs79

Originally posted by DefNotPanHandler2007:

Yea, I'm not even mad. If it was a situation like Tally or New Orleans where it's just an outright scam and cash grab, then I don't think anything she said was wrong. She just got caught.

Where in Tallahassee are they towing cars? I don't live there, and never had my car towed in the twenty years of season tickets.

Have no problem with anything she said, & don't think she should've faced any discipline. Towing companies that operate in that part of the towing business are scum, and in all likelihood everything she stated was 100% accurate.

Originally posted by SeaPA:

Have no problem with anything she said, & don't think she should've faced any discipline. Towing companies that operate in that part of the towing business are scum, and in all likelihood everything she stated was 100% accurate.
Nah, you don't treat people like that. And you don't treat waiters/waitresses and tow truck companies like that for a few reasons, this big chic didn't tow her car, a driver did and reason number 2, they still have possession of your vehicle and they can do all kinds of shiz to it.

Ole Britt has a degree but it's a degree in journalism, let's pump those breaks. I'm not diminishing a degree in journalism from Northwestern but let's not pretend she went through the rigorous course work to get her degree as a particle physics.

She was also told she was on camera and nary an eff was given, she went into her temper tantrum anyways. Really dumb for someone who's "one TV".

She should be fired. Plain and simple.

The fact that she was telling off a towing company isn't relevant.

Her entitled, snobby, sorority-girl, better-than-you mentality is something ESPN should not want to be associated with.

Remember the idiot CFO who used to make $200,000 and then got fired and lost EVERYTHING for berating a Chik-Fil-A employee? That company was right to fire him, and what this dirtbag said to the woman at the towing company was worse than what he said...by a mile.

Also, you can be opposed to Britt McHenry's comments AND to predatory towing practices. They're not remotely mutually exclusive.

Originally posted by Rhino_nole:

Nah, you don't treat people like that. And you don't treat waiters/waitresses and tow truck companies like that for a few reasons, this big chic didn't tow her car, a driver did and reason number 2, they still have possession of your vehicle and they can do all kinds of shiz to it.

Ole Britt has a degree but it's a degree in journalism, let's pump those breaks. I'm not diminishing a degree in journalism from Northwestern but let's not pretend she went through the rigorous course work to get her degree as a particle physics.

She was also told she was on camera and nary an eff was given, she went into her temper tantrum anyways. Really dumb for someone who's "one TV".
I agree with this.

Do we even know if her car was unjustly towed, or was the towing company actually correct in towing the car? Either way, she shouldn't be treating the cashier like that. If anything her anger should be directed at the person that actually towed her car...if it was unjustly towed. If the car should have been towed and it was her fault, then her anger should be directed at herself.

I could care less if she is "on TV", she needs to follow the same rules as the rest of us. She has an attitude of superiority and needs to learn that she isn't better than everyone else.

Maybe you've seen a full video of the entire time she was there; only thing I've seen was a selectively edited series of clips of a handful of comments she made. There was nothing showing anything said by the fat toothless assistant-to-the-extortionist, and nothing showing the general tone of what was going on and why tv chick was so confrontational. In my couple of dealings with towthieves, I'm inclined to assume that the people at the tow company likely treated her shabbily.

Originally posted by FSUdawg:

I agree with this.

Do we even know if her car was unjustly towed, or was the towing company actually correct in towing the car? Either way, she shouldn't be treating the cashier like that. If anything her anger should be directed at the person that actually towed her car...if it was unjustly towed. If the car should have been towed and it was her fault, then her anger should be directed at herself.

I could care less if she is "on TV", she needs to follow the same rules as the rest of us. She has an attitude of superiority and needs to learn that she isn't better than everyone else.
The story from the chic she was ripping into is that Britt was eating at a restaurant that had designated parking spots for up to 2 hours max. She finished at the restaurant, went to another bar and left her car in the same place exceeding the 2 hour max.

My best guess is, the tow truck company didn't sit there and time her, the eating establishment noticed her vehicle there probably after hours and they called the tow truck company (unless they TT company was doing sweeps). I have another speculation, I bet ole Britt was a bitch in the restaurant too and that's why they called the tow truck to snatch her car up. I've read a few places where she was absolutely despised at her old DC job.

It takes some complete self involvement to get your car towed. The laws state about signs, and placement, and other rules. If you ignore the signs, you really don't have anyone to blame but yourself (and we all know that's not going to happen). If there's no signs, and your car is gone, call the police. Tell them it's stolen and you want to make a report. Otherwise, take your punishment.

Maybe you've seen a full video of the entire time she was there; only thing I've seen was a selectively edited series of clips of a handful of comments she made. There was nothing showing anything said by the fat toothless assistant-to-the-extortionist, and nothing showing the general tone of what was going on and why tv chick was so confrontational. In my couple of dealings with towthieves, I'm inclined to assume that the people at the tow company likely treated her shabbily.
Ummm.no..ESPN Girl is a stuck up entitled bitch....I don't care how mad you are at a tow company or anyone in a service industry for that matter,you should never cross the line she did....the girl she berated likely had nothing to do with her car being towed in the first place....even if she did want to complain to this woman ,making mean comments about her looks..weight....education level..etc...just reeks of a pampered "I'm better than you" primadonna

I'm reading everyone defend her, and I can understand you wanting to defender for being upset, but not defend the words she used.

After living in PC and Tally for a good portion of my life it easy to have a disdain hate for tow companies...they really can be the devil...I was towed many of times in Tally for my tire hardly touching the white divider line when parking....I mean it was debatable if it were even touching.

However....in the blonde's case, whether you could hear the tow ladies comments or not, the hot blond from Northwestern said things in my opinion that made her sound like a stuck up entitled biotch. Here words towards the lady were hate filled, and had nothing to do on why she should not have been towed, or why they were in the wrong. It was a shallow play on her end, saying that she in on tv...and that she'll sue...I mean REALLY...that is the talk of a spoiled high school kid with rich parents.

Or no different than the dude with a nice tan, muscles, successful, everything going for him saying to a Bouncer that won't let him in..."do you know who I am"..."I'll have your job"...etc. That guy is douche is thinks his crap doesn't stink and is above the rules of everyone else...like how dare the world treat me like everyone else here.

The reporter has a right to be made and to express it the company, but the words she angle she choose to use also exposed her and her character as being poor and self centered from the way I looked at it.

Just my two cents.

This post was edited on 4/17 9:39 AM by DanC78

Sad you have this opinion.

Originally posted by FSUdawg:

I agree with this.

The story from the chic she was ripping into is that Britt was eating at a restaurant that had designated parking spots for up to 2 hours max. She finished at the restaurant, went to another bar and left her car in the same place exceeding the 2 hour max.

My best guess is, the tow truck company didn't sit there and time her, the eating establishment noticed her vehicle there probably after hours and they called the tow truck company (unless they TT company was doing sweeps). I have another speculation, I bet ole Britt was a bitch in the restaurant too and that's why they called the tow truck to snatch her car up. I've read a few places where she was absolutely despised at her old DC job.
If she went to a bar after dinner...then she is probably lucky she didn't get a DUI and needs to keep her mouth shut. I'm sure he being hungover contributed to her being so sensitive ( not sensitive towards the lady, but sensitive on why someone would to such a mean thing to such a pretty girl who is on tv) about the whole thing as well.

She hit the genetic lottery and that is the only reason she is on tv.

I can't believe a sideline reporter who most people wouldn't pick out of a lineup pulled the "Do you know who I am card?"

Originally posted by Semiologist:
Originally posted by DefNotPanHandler2007:

Where in Tallahassee are they towing cars? I don't live there, and never had my car towed in the twenty years of season tickets.
I'm guessing you haven't lived in Tallahassee in a while. The tow companies in Tallahassee are vultures. Especially with the apartment complexes. I never had my car towed but I know of plenty of horror stories. They'll camp out and wait for someone and have them hooked up in a matter of minutes. I know someone who got towed while running into their own apartment to get a notebook they forgot. Then they'll offer to unhook the car if you pay them half the amount, upfront in cash (which the driver undoubtedly pockets himself). If you have the cash they just go and hook up another car in a matter of minutes. The speculation was that they had a deal with the apartment complexes to restrict the amount of visitor spots. There was never enough visitor parking in Tallahassee.

Originally posted by FreeFlyNole:

I don't think she should have been suspended, those places are predatory rip off artists.

Tallahassee is the worst.

She should have burnt the place to the ground.

There aren't enough horrible things you can say to those dirtbags.
Yeah, I was reading the comments on ESPN and thinking these people have clearly never been towed.
Pretty sure I've said much worse to those scumbags.

Funniest thing I saw at High Park was when those leeches were towing a guys car. When the tow truck driver was hooking his car up (even though he was standing right there offering to move it) he walked right up and popped the tow trucks tire. There was a chase through High Park, but everybody was dying laughing and then gave a standing ovation when the tow truck driver had to call a tow truck.

As much as I hate towing companies and understand the frustration of having to get your car back from one, this woman is in the wrong. You never treat anyone like that. Even if you feel they may deserve it, be the bigger person. She has no class.

I wonder what she'd look like without the makeup, whitened teeth, fake boobs, and fake blonde hair color.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT