ADVERTISEMENT

Ever been to a gay wedding?

West Duval Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 16, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
I never have. And I am not trying to be funny. So this is a serious question.

Do they go by husband and wife? Are they husband and husband, wife and wife? Or do they go by partner and partner or something else?

The amount of intelligence/common sense needed to answer your question is astronomically small. Yet, you asked.

So, have you been to several and they were all the same? Since you are an expert what is your answer. I was thinking it could vary depending on the couple, but wasn't sure if any went away from titles husband and wife and went with something like partner and partner.

The amount of intelligence/common sense needed to answer your question is astronomically small. Yet, you asked.

I think it's a fair and legitimate question. The people who begged for their new status should expect some questions about how this program works.....this is unprecedented in American (hell, world) history.

Reactions: iupnole1
George Constanza was puzzled by a similar topic: how do they know who leads when they are dancing together? Gotta love George...

Reactions: iupnole1
I'm not certain that I understand the latest SCOTUS ruling, but I think that it means if invited to a gay wedding, you're legally mandated to attend.

Reactions: fsuksig
The USA is the 23rd country to legalize gay marriage.

Which reminds me there was a buzzfeed article with tweets of Americans who wanted to move to Canada because gay marriage is legal here. Guess these Einsteins didn't know it was legal in Canada for many years. Iran or Afghanistan would've been a better bet for these people

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
I'm not certain that I understand the latest SCOTUS ruling, but I think that it means if invited to a gay wedding, you're legally mandated to attend.

I thought it was if you are invited you don't have to attend but you must bake a cake for the new couple?

Which reminds me there was a buzzfeed article with tweets of Americans who wanted to move to Canada because gay marriage is legal here. Guess these Einsteins didn't know it was legal in Canada for many years. Iran or Afghanistan would've been a better bet for these people
And we'll see if we are able to keep freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, and freedom of association - which have been greatly diminished in Canada as a direct result of legalizing homosexual marriage.

Reactions: seminoledale

You got 2 likes yet none of the 3 provided an answer. Perhaps in fear that someone comes in that has been to several tells you, your answer is wrong and they witnessed a different reference.

And we'll see if we are able to keep freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, and freedom of association - which have been greatly diminished in Canada as a direct result of legalizing homosexual marriage.

So I guess Canada is out of question for you?

We have numerous gay friends as well as a fair number of Canadian friends. They're all wondering which Canada this poster is referring to.

I think it's a fair and legitimate question. The people who begged for their new status should expect some questions about how this program works.....this is unprecedented in American (hell, world) history.
Honestly, I hear the weather is great in Russia this time of year. You should certainly check it out.

My guess is you have never been to Canada. And going to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls doesn't count.

He should go with Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Poland, Austria or Greece: nicer people, more blondes and better beaches.

Last edited:
Interesting that the people who support an aberrational/unconventional practice are telling the maintstreamers -- i.e., the people who ensure the perpetuation of our society -- to move to another country. Like it or not, we still need "real" Moms and Dads to create future generations.

Interesting that the people who support an aberrational/unconventional practice are telling the maintstreamers -- i.e., the people who ensure the perpetuation of our society -- to move to another country. Like it or not, we still need "real" Moms and Dads to create future generations.

Mainstream? As in the majority of Americans who support marriage equality?
Maybe time to consider you're in a shrinking minority in the wrong side of history
www.pewresearch.org/data-trend/domestic-issues/attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

I think you're being unreasonably condescending. I don't have a lot of knowledge in this area, but everything I can remember hearing outside the context of an actual wedding is "spouse" or "partner.". Maybe this is because I'm thinking of conversations that happened before the ruling, which is about 9999999.9999% of all conversations.

So ease off, it's a legit question.

Maybe time to consider you're in a shrinking minority in the wrong side of history
www.pewresearch.org/data-trend/domestic-issues/attitudes-on-gay-marriage/
The success of the homosexual marriage movement has been astonishing by any measurement, especially since it deals with a fundamental building block of a culture.

"Marriage equality" is like being "pro-choice," marketing wise. Who is against marriage, or equality? Who is against choice? And the emphasis is on letting people do what they want. We generally favor letting people do what they want, as long as we believe it won't personally hurt us.

Only, practically speaking, both names are not good descriptions of what the positions actually represent. "Pro-choice" has meant over 50 million pregnancies ended in America since Roe v. Wade, and legal abortion in most places at any time, for any reason and without the father's consent. Those who don't agree with the "pro-choice" position are accused of being anti-women or part of a "war on women." Still, it is legal to be "pro-life."

The "marriage equality" people plan to solve the continuing marketing challenge by criminalizing disagreement with their position. They have, and will, vigorously prosecute any who dare dissent. They will stigmatize them, slander them, fine them, seek to take their livelihood, and attempt to ruin their lives. This is why even Bill Maher makes reference to the "gay mafia." Americans would do well to learn more about what has happened in Canada.

We will soon see what this new experiment in "equality" will bring. Don't forget - homosexual marriage does not produce children. And even those who believe homosexuality is genetic realize this likely means only 2-3% of the population. This puts the homosexual rights/equality supporters in an uncomfortable position, long-term. And they are aware of that. They are likely to move quickly to consolidate their gains.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
www.pewresearch.org/data-trend/domestic-issues/attitudes-on-gay-marriage/[/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------

The fact that most people have tired from the noise and drama -- and simply lack the energy or desire to publicly oppose an aberrational practice/condition -- does not mean that the aberrational practice/condition is now somehow "mainstream."

The truth is that most Americans have publicly accepted the reality that the gay community can now do basically whatever it wants. "That's fine, it doesn't affect me" is the thought process. But if you think for a minute that the majority of Americans REALLY regard the gay community as "mainstream" or "normal," you are dead wrong. What people publicly say and do -- and how they really think -- are totally different concepts.

I will attend one some time after I can find the perfect gift....a "square circle."

husband-husband or wife-wife
Actually not all the time, it's up to the couple how they want there vows to be said. I've known 3 gays couples that have had ceremonies, one was husband and husband, one was wife and wife, and 2 lesbians went actually husband and wife (the "husband" could pass for a dude though, big and stocky, short spikey hair, hat backwards, wore nfl jerseys, etc).

It was actually a great question. The intolerance and prejudice displayed against those seeking knowledge and acceptance in here is sickening.

Did I do that right?

No and don't plan on it. Live and let live and if gay folks want to get married then I'm fine with it but the thought of two dudes together is screwed up in my opinion and I don't need to go out of my way to see it

Actually not all the time, it's up to the couple how they want there vows to be said. I've known 3 gays couples that have had ceremonies, one was husband and husband, one was wife and wife, and 2 lesbians went actually husband and wife (the "husband" could pass for a dude though, big and stocky, short spikey hair, hat backwards, wore nfl jerseys, etc).

It was actually a great question. The intolerance and prejudice displayed against those seeking knowledge and acceptance in here is sickening.

Thanks, I figured it can vary. Have you heard of any abandoning the husband and wife titles altogether and going with something like partner and partner or something else?

If a cash bar at wedding counts then yeah I've been to a total of 2 gay weddings.

Reactions: OrlandNole
HRRSmSP.gif

Never been, but I imagine the two people getting married would let you know or you could get an idea from the ceremony.

You guys wringing your hands over this puzzle me. What's the big deal? I saw a gay couple yesterday at a restaurant with their two adopted kids. I had no idea about their situation, but I just felt happy for them.

If the curiosity was sincere I think it might have been received differently; but recent topics on the board have revealed a lot about each of us, and would suggest that the question was not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT