ADVERTISEMENT

Ewwww, GROSS!

Bartdog

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2002
Jax
Rio's waters are so filthy that 2016 Olympians risk becoming violently ill and unable to compete

And...
An AP analysis of water quality revealed dangerously high levels of viruses and bacteria from human sewage in Olympic and Paralympic venues — results that alarmed international experts and dismayed competitors training in Rio, some of whom have already fallen ill with fevers, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rios-filth-is-already-spoiling-the-2016-summer-olympics-2015-7#ixzz3hQaPqn6c

There shouldn't be any Olympic Games held in third world countries.

Rio's waters are so filthy that 2016 Olympians risk becoming violently ill and unable to compete

And...
An AP analysis of water quality revealed dangerously high levels of viruses and bacteria from human sewage in Olympic and Paralympic venues — results that alarmed international experts and dismayed competitors training in Rio, some of whom have already fallen ill with fevers, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/rios-filth-is-already-spoiling-the-2016-summer-olympics-2015-7#ixzz3hQaPqn6c

That's not a new thing. I have a cousin I'm actually friends and close to that married a Brazilian and they've let me know before our trip there to avoid actually getting in the water at the beaches. They brought a friend there not that long ago who became deathly ill after a short swim. I'll still go and grab some beach shots and spend some time on the beach itself but I will NOT be getting wet. (That's what she said).

One thing we seldom hear discussed is we get a lot of our produce from those central and south American countries where human waste are used as fertilizer and the use pesticides that have been banned in this country for nearly 50 years is wide spread. There have been several outbreaks of hepatitis which has been traced back to imported produce where human waste was used for fertilizer.

I could use some extra spending money so how do we sign up to be a supplier of this fertilizer? I'll start filling a barrel if someone will let me know where to send it.

One thing we seldom hear discussed is we get a lot of our produce from those central and south American countries where human waste are used as fertilizer and the use pesticides that have been banned in this country for nearly 50 years is wide spread. There have been several outbreaks of hepatitis which has been traced back to imported produce where human waste was used for fertilizer.
sir your information is quite untrue most if not all central and south american producers of fruits mainly and vegetables to a lesser degree are generally partners of U.S. firms. the grapes you eat from chile are subject to the same stringent standards as those from California.

sir your information is quite untrue most if not all central and south american producers of fruits mainly and vegetables to a lesser degree are generally partners of U.S. firms. the grapes you eat from chile are subject to the same stringent standards as those from California.

If what you say is true then it is a new thing. That was not the case when nafta was first enacted. There was a pretty lengthy news story report on it(60 minutes I think) several years back. It was brought on because of an outbreak of Hepatitis that was traced backed to scallions grown in So America and fertilized with human waste.

Why does the IOC allow this? How hard would it be to move the events 50 miles away? Corruption?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT