ADVERTISEMENT

Exercise/diet thread

booker20

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 1, 2003
Little Egypt
I used to always start a new thread early in the year to lend support to all of us embarking/continuing on a journey towards a healthier life/lifestyle.

I allowed things to creep back up near 240 during early quarantine, so for father's day, I joined a new gym (that was actually open), and started training with a trainer.

He also gave me a meal plan.

I have worked out 6-7 days a week. I have had one meal since mid June that wasn't comprised of foods on his diet plan.

Lost 5 pounds the first week... And I've lost 17 total, while gaining muscle/reducing fat..

But despite all the working out, adhering to the meal plan, I haven't lost any weight the last couple weeks.

Getting pretty frustrated...

Are you getting at least 10000 steps a day in? It takes time but it works if you do it every single day...along with push ups, weight training, sensible diet, etc.

Honestly, you don't really want to lose/gain more than 1-2 lbs per week.

Stay with it. I don't have gyms right now at all. Been awful and easy to get depressed. Not even my military base gym is open :(

Ben Greenfield is a good follow on social media if you have it. I follow him on FB and Instagram. His book, "Boundless", will knock your socks off. Always forward thinking when it comes to personal health and well-being.

Lots of good responses already.

It’s very important to continue getting after it every day despite hitting a plateau.

Change your routine. Shock your body with new and challenging exercises and weights. Change the food in your meal plan while maintaining the same principles. Drink only water. Get good rest/sleep.

2lbs a week is ideal. Work your heart (heart rate up to your appropriate age/weight).

You don’t need a gym. HIIT can be done anywhere. Buy resistance bands or dumbbells. You can also use your body weight too.

Bottom line is to stick with it.

Good luck!

Reactions: FSUDoles
Lots of good responses already.

It’s very important to continue getting after it every day despite hitting a plateau.

Change your routine. Shock your body with new and challenging exercises and weights. Change the food in your meal plan while maintaining the same principles. Drink only water. Get good rest/sleep.

2lbs a week is ideal. Work your heart (heart rate up to your appropriate age/weight).

You don’t need a gym. HIIT can be done anywhere. Buy resistance bands or dumbbells. You can also use your body weight too.

Bottom line is to stick with it.

Good luck!

I have worked or worked out and jogged each of the last 11 days... Each time, I work out different muscles/muscle groups, making sure there is at least 4-5 days between working a specific group... My weight loss plateau is going on 2 weeks, despite increased work load.

I'm doing all weight workouts with a set of 15 pound dumbells. Doesn't sound like a ton but after 30 consecutive reps it is a chore. I want dense muscles, not big ones.

Supposed to be getting a new diet plan today so perhaps that will help out.

I've lost 4" on the gut, 2" chest, and 2" hips.

started working back out with nice results...we got shut down from Covid but we’re getting started back up the last few weeks.

did the P90x back in 2009 and it got me in the best shape of my life.

Monday - international chest day...db’s only because I destroyed my right rotator cuff going heavy on BB.

Tueday - legs screw squats and burn them in fire.

Wednesday - back - easy peasy lemon squeezy

Thursday - shoulders and tri - best day of the weak besides chest.

Friday - abs, bi’s, calves, and traps.

Reactions: booker20
started working back out with nice results...we got shut down from Covid but we’re getting started back up the last few weeks.

did the P90x back in 2009 and it got me in the best shape of my life.

Monday - international chest day...db’s only because I destroyed my right rotator cuff going heavy on BB.

Tueday - legs screw squats and burn them in fire.

Wednesday - back - easy peasy lemon squeezy

Thursday - shoulders and tri - best day of the weak besides chest.

Friday - abs, bi’s, calves, and traps.
Here's what I did this afternoon:

Knees to elbows- lateral (15lb)
Knees to elbows- medial (15lb)
Knee cross body to weight (15lb)
Elbows on knee, glute raise

Dumbell (15lb)

Bench press
Bench press (neutral)
Incline press
Incline press (neutral)
Decline press
Fly (neutral)
Incline fly (neutral)
Straightarm pullover (knees bent)
Bent arm pullover (knees bent)

Plate (25lb)
Squat-press out

Push-ups

Low back machine

10 stairs (1 minute 53 seconds)

Reactions: tribal_idiot
Here's what I did this afternoon:

Knees to elbows- lateral (15lb)
Knees to elbows- medial (15lb)
Knee cross body to weight (15lb)
Elbows on knee, glute raise

Dumbell (15lb)

Bench press
Bench press (neutral)
Incline press
Incline press (neutral)
Decline press
Fly (neutral)
Incline fly (neutral)
Straightarm pullover (knees bent)
Bent arm pullover (knees bent)

Plate (25lb)
Squat-press out

Push-ups

Low back machine

10 stairs (1 minute 53 seconds)
What does your weekly muscle group sets/reps look like?

Change up your routine. Drink more water.
I just got back in the gym. :cool:
I got back on the back wall to do an assortment of exercises. A wall can be very crucial to one's success in the gym and other venues as well.

Lost 27 lbs on Keto without an exercise routine so far this year. I plan on exercising more once I feel motivated and my goal is to loose 19ish more lbs. 6' 200 is a good weight for me. I have found my weight loss to not be linear. Some months I don't seem to loose much and then all of the sudden I'm down 3-5 lbs. I would assume a 2 week stall on weight loss is probably normal no matter what method you choose.

Reactions: booker20
Today:

Warmups

Cybex

Overhand handled bar pulldown/dip L then R
Underhand handled bar pulldown
Small bar pulldown over/under handed
Single arm seated row w/ twist L/R
Underhand curls
Overhand curls
Arms extended/straight overhand pulldown
Arms extended/straight underhand pulldown