ADVERTISEMENT

Fanny Bridge in Tahoe

BelemNole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Roseville, CA
If anyone has been to Tahoe and stopped at Fanny Bridge to check out the monster fish that live in the protected pool below the outlet dam, you might be interested in this. Now in year four of our drought the lake no longer drains into the Truckee, leaving this part of the river dry. Some folks expressed concern and the DFG, Trout Unlimited and CalTrout got together this week and tried to rescue some of these legends. They managed to catch about a third. They have plans to go back for the rest. Wish I was there.

Web_News_FannyBridgeFish_14_me.jpg

Fish rescue

Would be a great time to customize that stretch of dried up river for once the water returns. Have considered it for our stretch of mountain stream in NC but the permitting etc. would mean only my unborn grandchildren would be able to enjoy the benefits by the time it was approved!! Old timer said to just be creative when "clearing debris" but I have the type of luck that I would undoubtedly be found out and fined to the max.

Not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed that this wasn't Rank 'Em thread. I expected different with a title of 'Fanny Bridge.'

Would be a great time to customize that stretch of dried up river for once the water returns.

Customize it for what? The dry stretch in the photos is actually part of the lake above the dam, not the river proper. It's just gotten so low you can see the channel where it used to flow up to/thru the dam.

If anyone has been to Tahoe and stopped at Fanny Bridge to check out the monster fish that live in the protected pool below the outlet dam, you might be interested in this. Now in year four of our drought the lake no longer drains into the Truckee, leaving this part of the river dry. Some folks expressed concern and the DFG, Trout Unlimited and CalTrout got together this week and tried to rescue some of these legends. They managed to catch about a third. They have plans to go back for the rest. Wish I was there.

Web_News_FannyBridgeFish_14_me.jpg

Fish rescue
Wow. Big slab of fish.
Hopefully that population can get established above the dam...and then maybe again below the dam if the rains resume in that area.
The recent rains in Australia suggest hope for a resumption in N. Cali. World is changing....

Customize it for what? The dry stretch in the photos is actually part of the lake above the dam, not the river proper. It's just gotten so low you can see the channel where it used to flow up to/thru the dam.
Had no idea and wow that must be some drought!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT