ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite part of "We are the World"

GwinnettNole

Seminole Insider
Sep 4, 2001
I heard this song over the weekend and watched it on youtube.
What are your favorite parts of the song? Mine are:

1. Ray Charles' solo
2. Stevie Wonders duet/part with Bruce (I'm not a fan of Bruce's part though)
3. And yeah I have grown to like Cyndi Lauper's part a lot (her screaming and carrying on...lol)

Honorable mention-- Willie Nelson's part at the beginning-- I really like his voice in this for some reason.

Link:

because Willie is God.

I lived that time. I still love that song and get some chills in the time warp.

because Willie is God.

I lived that time. I still love that song and get some chills in the time warp.

Same here. I haven't seen this in years and got chills just listening to it.

I love Lionel Richie's intro and the Dionne Warwick/Willie Nelson part.
And you can't overlook the Kenny Loggins- Steve Perry-Daryl Hall trifecta.

But the best by far is Michael Jackson, IMO. That dude was so screwed up but the older I get the more I realize just how talented he was and how good his songs were and still are.

What was Dan Akroyd doing in there anyway?

Bono's "... and tonight thank God it's them instead of you...." People fight over that part when it's re-made.

(yes I know it's a different song, but it watw would probably not exist without Do They Know It's Christmas.)

Bono's "... and tonight thank God it's them instead of you...." People fight over that part when it's re-made.

(yes I know it's a different song, but it watw would probably not exist without Do They Know It's Christmas.)
Great call on my favorite Christmas song.

Reactions: MIKE_G
i preferred Sam Kinison's take in stand up (send them a pick up truck and tell them to leave) and the Simpson's version:

Sting:
There's a hole in my heart
As deep as a well
For that poor little boy
Who's stuck halfway to Hell.

Sideshow Mel:
Though we can't get him out
We'll do the next best thing.

Rainier Wolfcastle:
We go on TV and sing, sing, sing.
Everybody:
And we're sending our love down the well.
Krusty:
Down that well.
Everybody:
We're sending our love down the well.
Krusty:
All the way down.

Gotta be Springsteen, right? Man just explodes through the video. And Quincy was seriously getting into directing the whole group. Ditto about the Aykroyd comment. WTH bro.

On a side note, Ray Charles sings my favorite Christmas song; Spirit of Christmas

Hard to find, I have on my iPod, PC

In the movie Christmas vacation when Chevy is up in the attic viewing old movie reel

Ah..Ray Charles. My favorite version of America the Beautiful was sung by Ray Charles.

Give this a listen:

If that doesn't send chills or get you feeling pride, then..check your pulse.

As a product of the 80's and a true Genxr, the Band Aid-"DoThey Know It's Christmas" shits all over We are the World. Had radio taped memorex tapes of both jamming in the walkman. The best powell peralta ollies and skater flap hair flicks occurred during the brits's song.

Reactions: Bartdog
Great call on my favorite Christmas song.
Totally agree. Never liked "We are the World". Just seemed like a typical cheesey '80s American rip-off of a far better tune. Also agree that Bono's "tonight thank God it's them instead of you" is the highlight.

Reactions: Bartdog
Gotta be Springsteen, right? Man just explodes through the video. And Quincy was seriously getting into directing the whole group. Ditto about the Aykroyd comment. WTH bro.

Really? I thought Springsteen was beyond horrible in that song.

i preferred Sam Kinison's take in stand up (send them a pick up truck and tell them to leave) and the Simpson's version:

Sting:
There's a hole in my heart
As deep as a well
For that poor little boy
Who's stuck halfway to Hell.

Sting is the undisputed king of helping videos. He also appeared in my favorite Conan, uh, charity initiative of all time:

One of my favorite SNL skits is when they did a parody of We Are the World.

Oh, I just thought of an actual answer to the actual question. My favorite part of this song is Steve Perry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT