ADVERTISEMENT

Forget the rules, I'm a rebel! (...grusome death follows)

FreeFlyNole

Seminole Insider
Jan 2, 2008
Texas Man, killed by alligators.

"I get when people don't like to follow rules. It's romantic to be a rebel. There's something about someone who refuses to let society dictate the terms of their life. That said there are times when society is right on and only an idiot would defy rules and warnings. This is a story about one of those times.

This weekend, a man in Texas decided to jump in the waters of the bayou and go for a swim. The only problem? That stretch of water was known to be home to giant alligators. I know what you're thinking: How could he have known that? Well, his friends warned him and there were giant signs posted that said "No Swimming. Alligators." But what did our hero do?"

There was a guy who was eaten by a gator when I was at FSU. Dude went swimming with the gators at the springs if I recall....the same guy was allegedly some sort of wannabe daredevil. It was a long time ago now, but it seems to me this was not his only risky adventure

bI5BEfwbdVPcA.gif

The other gators probably have the same reaction to this story, when the first gator tells it, that most hunters have about the guy who "accidently" found and shot a 20 point buck..."so you were just swimming along when a human jumped into your mouth...sure Bob, we buy that!"

There was a guy who was eaten by a gator when I was at FSU. Dude went swimming with the gators at the springs if I recall....the same guy was allegedly some sort of wannabe daredevil. It was a long time ago now, but it seems to me this was not his only risky adventure

Yeah, he swam under the ropes and went downstream where all the alligators were at. You get what you ask for.....,idiot!

Yeah, he swam under the ropes and went downstream where all the alligators were at. You get what you ask for.....,idiot!

I remember making that same remark to a girl I worked with at the time and she was offended. She said, "He was a friend of mine and I don't appreciate that."

I bit back the obvious reply and said, "Sorry for your loss."

Wow, the competition for this years's Darwin Award is getting intense!

I heard about something like this happening at Blue Springs in Marianna. Guy was some kind of nature boy and thought the gators would respect him. Chomp...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT