ADVERTISEMENT

FSU golf adds transfer Mirabel Ting

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
FSU sports information:

Mirabel Ting, who earned All-American Second-Team Honors from the WGCA as a freshman at Augusta University in 2023, has signed a Grant-In-Aid to attend Florida State and play golf for Head Coach Amy Bond and her coaching staff. Ting was named as the Southland Conference Freshman of the Year, to the Southland Conference Championship Team, and led the Jaguars to a fifth place finish at the NCAA Athens Regional. The fifth place regional finish vaulted the program into the NCAA Championship Finals for the first time in program history.

Ting was also named to the Southland Conference Spring 2023 Commissioners Academic Honor Roll.

“We are thrilled to announce the addition of Mirabel as a transfer student who will have three years of eligibility remaining as a Seminole,” said Bond. “Mirabel is a top amateur in the world and is an established player. She is an outstanding person with a fun personality and I am so excited to have her join our Seminole Family.”

Ting averaged 71.73 strokes in 16 rounds during six tournaments as she led the Jaguars in stroke average. She earned her first career win at the spring 2023 Moon Invitational and finished in second (+2) at the Southland Conference Championship as she led Augusta to the 2023 Southland Conference Championship. Ting earned seven top-15 finishes including her Moon Invitational championship, a second place finish at the Southland Conference Championship tournament, a fifth place finish at the Lady Gator Invitational and in a tie for sixth place finish at the Chattanooga Classic.

Ting played her future home course – the Seminole Legacy in Tallahassee – for the first time at the 2023 Florida State Match Up. She earned scores of 73-75-74 and finished in a tie for seventh place (+5) in her first career trip to Tallahassee.

Ting was one of five golfers named to the Division I WGCA Freshman of the Year Watch List presented by StrackaLine. Current Seminole Lottie Woad was named as the National Freshman of the Year (co) in 2023.

“Signing with Florida State and officially becoming a Seminole is a dream come true,” said Ting. “I think Florida State could be my second home, and my new teammates are great. I love every single bit of the team and my new school.”

Currently the No. 58 ranked women’s amateur golfer in the world, Ting has eight wins and 18 top-10 finishes during her amateur career. Most recently, she won the TSM Golf Challenge (June 23) in her home country of Malaysia with scores of 67-66-70 and a three-round total of 203.

Ting was named as the winner of the 2023 Kim Moore Spirit Award by the Women Golf Coaches Association. This award is dedicated to Kim Moore, who played golf for the University of Indianapolis (1999-2003) and the award recognizes and honors a student-athlete or coach who exemplifies a great spirit toward the game of golf, a positive attitude on and off the golf course, a role model for her team and mental toughness in facing challenges.

The Seminoles finished the 2023 season ranked No. 9 in the final Golfstat poll, advanced to match play and finished in a tie for fifth place in the NCAA Championship finals, earned a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Raleigh Regional Championship, and finished in fifth place in the regional championship.

Florida State opens its fall 2023 season at the Annika Intercollegiate presented by 3M at the Royal Golf Club at Lake Elmo, Minnesota (Sept. 10-13).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT