ADVERTISEMENT

"FSU" Related DD on Jeopardy GOAT Tonight (Spoiler)

GeniusParks

Contributor
Sep 16, 2006
I thought this was funny.

On tonight's Jeopardy Greatest of All Time Match 3 battle between James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings, and Brad Rutter, Ken Jennings was crushing it and had a dominating lead after Game 1 of the match.

To start Game 2, James Holzhauer (the sports gambler from Vegas who won 32-games) went lightening on the buzzer in an attempt to trim Jennings' lead down. He was on a roll when he found the first round DD and bet it all ($5000)

The category was Gemstones....Meet the Gemstones. And the clue was:

"This birthstone is used in abrasives for polishing & grinding; the color PAIRS WITH GOLD as an official one for Florida"

I'm going to take a guess and say 99.9% of the people who read the forums here know what the correct answer was. And I was sure that James, a longtime Vegas gambler who undoubtedly has probably put money on his share of College Football games would know the correct response too.

Instead he looked perplexed, and as time was running out to answer, replied "What is Diamond?"

That miss completely took him out of his rhythm and he was never able to recover.

After Wednesday night I would've guessed James in 4 but Ken has adopted the "all in" philosophy and it's gave him the win last night. I thought Ken's win Tuesday was only because James got zero daily doubles.

I was surprised he didn't know the "Garnet" answer last night.

I think Ken will be the host when Trebek retires.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT