ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones: Season Finale

Lena's nude scene was real. The tabloids wrote about the town being shutdown to do that scene. I read it but , I'm unable to find the link

On the What The Flick YouTube review of Ep10, Ben mentioned that the walk of shame scene was shot over four days and cost ~$200K+ as they had to pay for store closures. Also, there was a $250K NDA penalty for revealing the scene.

Reactions: kojak309
On the What The Flick YouTube review of Ep10, Ben mentioned that the walk of shame scene was shot over four days and cost ~$200K+ as they had to pay for store closures. Also, there was a $250K NDA penalty for revealing the scene.

There is clearly too much money in the movie biz

As I said, it was fake. That was not her. The money was because it was filmed in Malta which does not allow nudity in the streets or in the church they were filming. So they had to pay a ton to show someone other than Lena Heady's boobs.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-walk-shame

From the Entertainment Weekly article interviewing her (which is FAR more reliable than BS blogs)

"Last October in Dubrovnik, Emmy nominee Lena Headey munched on a slice of pizza between takes in the city’s Old Town district while shooting Cersei Lannister’s climatic Walk of Shame for Sunday’s finale. The sequence took three grueling days to shoot, and while Headey might not have been naked herself during all the shots (a body double was used), she still had to pass through the hostile jeering mud-slinging crowd over and over again, trying to silently convey a progressive journey of complex emotions as Cersei reaches her lowest point—then ultimately finds a spark of strength as she’s lifted up by her resurrected savior, The Mountain."

Plus: 1) She was pregnant at the time or she probably would have done the nude scene and 2) you can tell it's not her body.

Why's that? Wasn't Beric Dondarian still the same guy after getting revived? He just said "a little piece of him is lost" or something to that effect.

Because he would likely be reborn into Azor Ahai or the Great Other or the new Knights King or Jon Targyrian born of fire or some super hero. If he awakes I don't think he will simply be "Jon Snow 998LC" because Jon Snow was but a boy and he hath kill the boy to become the man.

As I said, it was fake. That was not her. The money was because it was filmed in Malta which does not allow nudity in the streets or in the church they were filming. So they had to pay a ton to show someone other than Lena Heady's boobs.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-walk-shame

From the Entertainment Weekly article interviewing her (which is FAR more reliable than BS blogs)

"Last October in Dubrovnik, Emmy nominee Lena Headey munched on a slice of pizza between takes in the city’s Old Town district while shooting Cersei Lannister’s climatic Walk of Shame for Sunday’s finale. The sequence took three grueling days to shoot, and while Headey might not have been naked herself during all the shots (a body double was used), she still had to pass through the hostile jeering mud-slinging crowd over and over again, trying to silently convey a progressive journey of complex emotions as Cersei reaches her lowest point—then ultimately finds a spark of strength as she’s lifted up by her resurrected savior, The Mountain."

Plus: 1) She was pregnant at the time or she probably would have done the nude scene and 2) you can tell it's not her body.

1 if you have seen 300 you know those are not her boobs and 2 Lena Heady is a natural black hair girl... So I know they can change that with CGI but the Bush was totally blonde...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Unconfirmed deaths...
Jon Snow - Heavy speculation everywhere
Stannis - We didn't see the results of Brienne's swing
Myrcella - Doesn't look good for her, but does Bronn still have the antidote vial? Even a drop might be enough for a little girl. I doubt they have the savvy to transfer some of Bronn's blood to her, but they might come up with an idea.

Unconfirmed deaths...
Jon Snow - Heavy speculation everywhere
Stannis - We didn't see the results of Brienne's swing
Myrcella - Doesn't look good for her, but does Bronn still have the antidote vial? Even a drop might be enough for a little girl. I doubt they have the savvy to transfer some of Bronn's blood to her, but they might come up with an idea.
Unconfirmed deaths honestly just annoy me. It's a cheap cliffhanger. I have little doubt that Jon will be back in some capacity, but it's just silly to make us wonder if Stannis and Myrcella are dead.

I even heard a fan theory that The Hound isn't dead and will fight The Zombie Mountain for Cersei's trial by combat... (I'm not a book reader, but apparently there is some solid hints towards this coming true in the books)

Unconfirmed deaths honestly just annoy me. It's a cheap cliffhanger. I have little doubt that Jon will be back in some capacity, but it's just silly to make us wonder if Stannis and Myrcella are dead.

I even heard a fan theory that The Hound isn't dead and will fight The Zombie Mountain for Cersei's trial by combat... (I'm not a book reader, but apparently there is some solid hints towards this coming true in the books)

The Hound is definitely not dead, it's not just hints you'd have to be obtuse not to figure it out.

Myrcella is definitely dead. She's a useless character now that she's brought Dorne and the Lannisters into conflict and helped Jaime in his character arc.

Jon may or may not be dead but is coming back in some shape or form.

Stannis is somewhat of a mystery. He's in the next book but so is the King a beyond the Wall and that guy is dead dead dead in the series. I don't think Stannis all that critical so he might be dead.

Reactions: peezy28
I get that evil triumphs over good and all. But it seems like they are seriously risking non-readers having a way in to the series. Book readers will always be interested to see how it's depicted, but for TV-only folks...whether it's "good" or "evil" or whatever...you need an access point in with someone that you care about or is at least compelling. You need to care about what's happening to people, I think...I'm not sure set pieces or random cool moments or gratuitous nudity will ultimately keep the same level of engagement with viewers.

I don't think it's the same thing as when Ned was killed...yes, it was a shock, and he was a main character. But it immediately spun off a half dozen plot elements that were easy to engage in.

I think the show is growing perilously close to not having characters we care much about, with the death of Jon and the maiming of Arya.

I don't care about the wildlings. I don't care about the remaining Night's watch.

I don't care very much about Kings Landing...Cercei vs. Sparrows? They're both bad news...it's like UF playing Miami...even if it's a great game, I'm only going to be so engaged in it.

I barely cared about the Stannis storyline, but his character did get at least a little more interesting this season...that's over. Brienne, I like the character...but whether it's the fault of the television writers, or the way the character is conceived, she has limited relatability, with this blind devotion to her pledge...does she have enough personality?

Now all that said...I doubt in season one, people would have thought that Tyrion, a Lannister and a poor one at that, would become the heart of the series. Hell, half the people complaining about killing off Jon were asking him to be killed a couple seasons ago. So they may be perfectly able to position other pieces into more dynamic positions.

Obviously, first you have whatever incarnation you end up with for Jon and Arya. But you still have...

Tyrion/Varys/Dany in Mereen...this should be gold, and the one thing they start with, unless all the focus is on rescuing Dany.
Bran
Sansa could become a badass. With Brienne? With Stannis out, I would be interested in some kind of Sansa-led drive to take Winterfell
Margaery and her mom...would be much more interested in these two vs. Cersei than Sparrows vs. Cersei
Jaime...he's already been kind of flipped in terms of sympathy...but he hasn't really been important since...can they build on that sympathy with a storyline to care about?
Tommen...hell, he's going to grow up...what if he becomes a badass character?

So there are still plenty of options to give viewers an easy way in...but I think they need to act fairly quickly to set those up. When Ned died, it was pretty obvious what the consequences were immediately so pretty easy to switch focus. The way this is left, you don't yet know what to get invested in. But the potential is definitely there.

Reactions: LesClaypool
I get that evil triumphs over good and all. But it seems like they are seriously risking non-readers having a way in to the series. Book readers will always be interested to see how it's depicted, but for TV-only folks...whether it's "good" or "evil" or whatever...you need an access point in with someone that you care about or is at least compelling. You need to care about what's happening to people, I think...I'm not sure set pieces or random cool moments or gratuitous nudity will ultimately keep the same level of engagement with viewers.

I don't think it's the same thing as when Ned was killed...yes, it was a shock, and he was a main character. But it immediately spun off a half dozen plot elements that were easy to engage in.

I think the show is growing perilously close to not having characters we care much about, with the death of Jon and the maiming of Arya.

I don't care about the wildlings. I don't care about the remaining Night's watch.

I don't care very much about Kings Landing...Cercei vs. Sparrows? They're both bad news...it's like UF playing Miami...even if it's a great game, I'm only going to be so engaged in it.

I barely cared about the Stannis storyline, but his character did get at least a little more interesting this season...that's over. Brienne, I like the character...but whether it's the fault of the television writers, or the way the character is conceived, she has limited relatability, with this blind devotion to her pledge...does she have enough personality?

Now all that said...I doubt in season one, people would have thought that Tyrion, a Lannister and a poor one at that, would become the heart of the series. Hell, half the people complaining about killing off Jon were asking him to be killed a couple seasons ago. So they may be perfectly able to position other pieces into more dynamic positions.

Obviously, first you have whatever incarnation you end up with for Jon and Arya. But you still have...

Tyrion/Varys/Dany in Mereen...this should be gold, and the one thing they start with, unless all the focus is on rescuing Dany.
Bran
Sansa could become a badass. With Brienne? With Stannis out, I would be interested in some kind of Sansa-led drive to take Winterfell
Margaery and her mom...would be much more interested in these two vs. Cersei than Sparrows vs. Cersei
Jaime...he's already been kind of flipped in terms of sympathy...but he hasn't really been important since...can they build on that sympathy with a storyline to care about?

So there are still plenty of options to give viewers an easy way in...but I think they need to act fairly quickly to set those up. When Ned died, it was pretty obvious what the consequences were immediately so pretty easy to switch focus. The way this is left, you don't yet know what to get invested in. But the potential is definitely there.
I am pretty sure Jon will be back in some capacity so we can keep rooting for him... but in general I do see your point, there just aren't as many compelling story lines going on at the moment... Where do we go from here? I guess that's why it's taken GRRM so long to write this book because he doesn't know either....

Reactions: LesClaypool

Bran

I've never understood the people that state so strongly how much they don't like or don't care about a bunch of storylines. Generally speaking they're all connected. But really it just doesn't sound like the show is for you.

We don't know the outcome of what happened to Jon and Arya yet. Seems like we don't need to panic and assume that all of that is done. You don't know what to get invested in yet, but it's pretty likely when the things you thought were obvious after Ned died aren't anywhere near now where you assumed they were going. Also, if there is anything Martin has proven it's that he can create great characters and HBO can cast some fantastic actors to fill their roles. Just because some great characters have died doesn't mean there aren't more in the works. But mainly there is a need to shrink the story down because it's nearing the end and it's was far too big to tie up in a short time.

@Nole Lou it's hard to tell at this stage. Neither Jon nor Arya are out of the picture yet. Jon's death and Arya's current blindness are plot drivers. It will be fine.

@Nole Lou it's hard to tell at this stage. Neither Jon nor Arya are out of the picture yet. Jon's death and Arya's current blindness are plot drivers. It will be fine.

The sight blindness is merely temporary and is done to force her to rely on her other senses which she does by warging into cats. Once she can do this her regular sight is given back.

I've never understood the people that state so strongly how much they don't like or don't care about a bunch of storylines. Generally speaking they're all connected. But really it just doesn't sound like the show is for you.

We don't know the outcome of what happened to Jon and Arya yet. Seems like we don't need to panic and assume that all of that is done. You don't know what to get invested in yet, but it's pretty likely when the things you thought were obvious after Ned died aren't anywhere near now where you assumed they were going. Also, if there is anything Martin has proven it's that he can create great characters and HBO can cast some fantastic actors to fill their roles. Just because some great characters have died doesn't mean there aren't more in the works. But mainly there is a need to shrink the story down because it's nearing the end and it's was far too big to tie up in a short time.

Because some plotlines are paced glacially slow. That's something they've always struggled with because of the need to make them run parallel. The Dorne and Arya storylines were super dragged out to get to their end point and could have ended weeks ago at pretty much the same point, while there was much more storytelling to cover at the wall.

But they actually did MUCH better with that than in past seasons, and it's a VERY hard stunt they're trying to pull off every season, so I get it.

And a lot of my post is that I can see them being able to shift focus and audience attention to new characters, or more likely new storylines for characters we know, just like they've done in the past. They've just set up a pretty tall order for themselves by resetting so much of it in one episode without clear direction forward. Interesting that they didn't choose to leave any thread with an "Oooh, this is going to be awesome!" place (not just good for the good guys, but "I can't wait to see how this plays out"), at least how I would think about it.

Interesting that they didn't choose to leave any thread with an "Oooh, this is going to be awesome!" place (not just good for the good guys, but "I can't wait to see how this plays out"), at least how I would think about it.
I agree with this. It was kindof a weird and depressing season finale. It didn't really leave me excited for next season like they've done so well in the past.

I agree with Lou. But the writers have done well so far, so I'm optimistic that they'll fill the tall order nicely next season. I haven't read the books, so I have no idea where the hell this is going.

BRINGBACKJONSNOW.COM - I hope this website soon exists... just read a blog that says his eyes turn purple when he dies which means... he is coming back.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2188831/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-dies-eyes/

the idea is that if Jon Snow is a skin changer he can more than one death and keep on ticking.

• Jon Snow: Varamyr Sixskins notes that Jon Snow is a strong skinchanger, but untrained in and unaware of his true abilities; he had known what Jon was the moment he saw the great white direwolf Ghost stalking silent at his side. Jon's ability has manifested few times, as he slipped into Ghost while scouting for wildlings with Qhorin Halfhand. Through Ghost's eyes, he spies on the wildling horde. When an eagle attacks Ghost, Jon wakes screaming. By A Dance with Dragons, Jon often has wolf dreams. Melisandreoffers to help him with his abilities, but so far Jon has turned her down.

No matter how many times I watch it I don't see johns eyes turn purple.

I can see this being one of the most anticipated moments of the entire series. Smart thinking by GoT writers to make people wait 10 months to find out.

1k5sFnk.jpg

No matter how many times I watch it I don't see johns eyes turn purple.

This is all just speculation, but they don't turn purple, they turn white as he supposedly wargs into Ghost. Some say this is a leaked pic for next yrs episode, others say it is a shopped fake.
game-thrones-season-5-finale-jon-snow-leak.jpg

This is all just speculation, but they don't turn purple, they turn white as he supposedly wargs into Ghost. Some say this is a leaked pic for next yrs episode, others say it is a shopped fake.
game-thrones-season-5-finale-jon-snow-leak.jpg
Pretty obvious photoshop. I have no doubt Jon Snow will be back in some capacity, there are like 4 or 5 plausible scenarios for the way this turns out, with the least likely being that he actually just dies.

Good to see Tormund is keeping himself busy during the off season. Really weird contrast.

1251016_1374421028733_full.jpg

tumblr_np1kwdC9LA1te91lso1_500.png

I haven't gone back and watched again, but I did notice his eyes change after he died or I thought that was what I saw. I guess I wasn't the only one....

Finale reactions - NSFW

Someone tell the ladies it's a TV show. The characters aren't real people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT