ADVERTISEMENT

Gators gonna gate - ZBT spit on wounded vets

BelemNole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Roseville, CA
Update: ZBT expels 3 UF members over mistreatment of disabled vets, will 'make amends'

Laurence Bolotin, executive director of Zeta Beta Tau International, said three UF students the fraternity found to be involved in the incident have already been expelled from the chapter and further action will be taken if necessary.

"We are committed to fully addressing the events that took place, and will be hiring an independent investigator to help us gather all of the facts," Bolotin said in a prepared statement. "Short-term, we are actively working with the resort, with the Presidents of both universities and with the local police to fully understand the events that took place."

Bolotin also apologized for their actions, adding that the fraternity has a zero tolerance policy for such behavior and is "committed to appropriately disciplining any members of our Fraternity who were involved."

"We also look forward to working with our members to make amends for this disgraceful situation by identifying opportunities to serve those who have done so much to serve us," Bolotin said.

Link to story

Reactions: Bartdog
What the hell is wrong with people?

I did some dumb and obnoxious things in college, but never treated people like you see people being treated these days. Forget that they were wounded veterans, no matter how drunk I got it would've never even crossed my mind to think it was cool to spit on or throw anything at anyone. I don't get it.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich
I think it's because back then when you acted like an ass while growing up there was a real risk of getting your ass beat by an adult. Now it's all lawsuits, or cops. Douchy kids grow up running their mouths without fear of consequences.

I remember back in the early 90's I was canoeing the Hillsborough river with my brother when some teenagers in dad's boat thought it would be funny to try to swamp us. After taking a few passes at us they continued down the river laughing it up. Little did they realize that we were right by our pull out and there was only one place they could be taking their boat. We were waiting for them when they pulled in 5 minutes later. I'm pretty sure they didn't pull that crap on anyone else that summer.
Today they would call the cops from their cell phones while cussing us out from the boat and claim the mean men were threatening them.

Reactions: goldmom
I think it's because back then when you acted like an ass while growing up there was a real risk of getting your ass beat by an adult. Now it's all lawsuits, or cops. Douchy kids grow up running their mouths without fear of consequences.

DING DING DING DING DING!

Yep, was thinking that as well. Or, if not by an adult, you risked getting your ass whipped by another kid. Either way, most kids learned the lesson by the time they reached adulthood.

Unfortunately nowadays the kids in the boat might have just shot you and your brother.

Supposedly there is video of the UF frat boys antics but I haven't seen it yet.

I remember back in the early 90's I was canoeing the Hillsborough river with my brother when some teenagers in dad's boat thought it would be funny to try to swamp us. After taking a few passes at us they continued down the river laughing it up. Little did they realize that we were right by our pull out and there was only one place they could be taking their boat. We were waiting for them when they pulled in 5 minutes later. I'm pretty sure they didn't pull that crap on anyone else that summer.
Today they would call the cops from their cell phones while cussing us out from the boat and claim the mean men were threatening them.

What, we have no consequences because our Dads are rich so and so lawyers....I can just imagine. It makes me so angry.

On the other hand, I have to say that a few years ago I was walking my Dad to the end of a pier, and he had on his Second Armored Division "Hell on Wheels" baseball cap. Three young men in gator gear were coming in the opposite direction and all stepped to one side and all said, Hi Sir, thank you for your service. It made a good impression on my late father.

Why isn't this spread across the national news and on espin every 30 minutes?

Guess the dailymail doesn't have an economic affiliation with the sec.

Good to know the evil empire gets bad press as well. I understand why it wouldn't be on espin but wonder if it was an FSU fraternity...

Is there going to be a twitter update on the front page ?
is there going to be a thread with updates of the score?

Linda Cope, the founder of Warrior Beach is good people. I met her while working in PC after her son lost both his legs overseas. It hit her hard (can't blame her a bit for that), but she has done a great job trying to serve gets since then:

There are rules on this board!! God Bless Fox News! Merica!

megyn-kelly.jpg

megyn_kelly_megyn_kelly_fox_13_news_1Xhqbdx.sized.jpg
fox18f-1-web.jpg

4-2 after a ball went into the bullpen when trying to get the out at 3B. We gotta hang on to this 1st game. Can't start falling apart now.

Anyone else watching the game on MUTE?! The broadcasters are horrific; the crows is worse. I can't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT