ADVERTISEMENT

Go Pro purchasing advice

Lemon Thrower

Seminole Insider
Aug 28, 2001
looking to buy a Go Pro. I expect to use it infrequently. Figure i'll go white water rafting and snorkeling about once a year. Will be going caving this year.

What model/features should I get?

seems like these things have doubled in cost since they came out - are the new features worth it?

Silver. Get a big memory chip, it will fill up fast.

I use my GoPro for skiing and scuba diving. Unless you are a professionsl photographer, no need to spend a lot of money. I love the movies and photos it takes, although they will never make National Geographic status.

The newer Go Pros are better but I like my older version that uses the same memory cards as my Nikon.

Got the silver, 64 mb card, have yet to use, was going to install on my motorcycle, but it was totaled. So waiting for another use and until I get a new bike.

If you are not going to use it very frequently, look into the Xiaomi Yi camera. Its like $75 and is a 1080p camera that will be just find for rafting/snorkeling.

In the market for one myself. Anyone have the Hero? It's the cheapest one at 129.99$ was curious if it's any good or not? Looking to take it to the beach and attach it to boogie boards.

looking to buy a Go Pro. I expect to use it infrequently. Figure i'll go white water rafting and snorkeling about once a year. Will be going caving this year.

What model/features should I get?

seems like these things have doubled in cost since they came out - are the new features worth it?
get the 4 silver, takes good pictures in the dark and it has the lcd screen on the back. make sure you have room in your budget for a pole, extra battery and any other amounts you need.

Also, bring it with you, takes great pics of everything. enjoy

gopro-session-camera_h.jpg

HERO4 Session: So small

GoPro Session: Everything You Need to Know

ADVERTISEMENT