ADVERTISEMENT

GoT season 5 episode 6

Several of my friends believe that Reek crying/looking utterly lost is the breaking point. That instead of abuse being thrown of himself (which Ramsey has instilled a mindset of him being garbage, ergo you treat garbage like garbage), the torture is inflicted on a sweet girl that he knew all his life.

Good episode. Glad the cheesy fight didn't lead to a Bronn death. Glad Areo Hotah got some love. Looks like Jaime can go back to his book plotline after all.

I think it does lead to bronns death

They random cut on his arm was shown for a reason

I bet their blades were poisoned

Bronn dying would suck, but there's no shortage of good characters in GoT. As Ned learned, no one is immune to death in George RR Martin's world.

That's a wee bit of a spoiler though my show watched friends see it coming. Why do you think they'd deviate from Cersei's story? It's setting up perfectly.

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong. And I don't remember how to use that spoiler function.

That's a wee bit of a spoiler though my show watched friends see it coming. Why do you think they'd deviate from Cersei's story? It's setting up perfectly.
Well. because the entire use of the MF is different? In the books, Cersei falsely accuses her DiL of lots of things and gets caught, which triggers the wrath of the MF. Here Cersei has used them to accuse the two of things for which they are objectively guilty. Politically what she did was repulsive and likely stupid, but it has nothing to do with getting her in trouble with the sparrows.

Well. because the entire use of the MF is different? In the books, Cersei falsely accuses her DiL of lots of things and gets caught, which triggers the wrath of the MF. Here Cersei has used them to accuse the two of things for which they are objectively guilty. Politically what she did was repulsive and likely stupid, but it has nothing to do with getting her in trouble with the sparrows.

I think it will still happen, remember Lancel has told all of his wrong doing and they have shown it in the previews... Probably will haev to suffer through Cersei until episode 9 though

Spoiler for Cersei

Yes the walk of shame is happening. That was in the press because originally Malta was not going to allow it to happen on their streets because of religious reasons. Then HBO got all huffy and said if they didn't allow it, they would build Kings Landing sets in LA and move the entire production from Malta. So Malta caved and you'll see her walking nude down the streets of Malta.

I think this is general consensus amongst anyone I talked to the show about... Did they change the casting director? They are horrid.

No idea but they blew it badly on this one

Worse than the Dario recast

No show can be perfect so I'm not sweating it but god damn, what a tragic failure lol

That fight scene was one of the worst I've ever seen

Daario was horribly miscast on the redux and not very well cast the first time. The character in the book reads as a flamboyant individual who dyes his hair and nails and has loud clothes who is lean and agile, basically David Bowie if he was an amazing swordsmen (and not in the swinger terminology). Not an Aragorn ripoff from LoTR.

Remember in an earlier episode when the Sparrows shouted "Abomination" at Tommen?

Daario was horribly miscast on the redux and not very well cast the first time. The character in the book reads as a flamboyant individual who dyes his hair and nails and has loud clothes who is lean and agile, basically David Bowie if he was an amazing swordsmen (and not in the swinger terminology). Not an Aragorn ripoff from LoTR.

No doubt, but I liked the first cast

Nothing like the books but that didn't bother me

I thought that guy played his character well

I don't mind the new guy as an actor but I can't take him seriously as a badass, especially after his character in Treme still fresh in my mind

This might be unpopular, but I don't feel badly for Sansa at all.

She deserves everything that she gets because it was her big mouth that got her father killed!!! If she doesn't go complaining to Cersi then daddy's head doesn't get lopped off in Kings Landing. They would have made it out of town.

Such a whiny little waif.

I guess Ramsey figures that since he himself was a product of rape, he might as well make a child in the same brutal manner. I can see Brienne killing him at some point.

I think if you consider the marriage in light of midevil times and mores (which are most similar to the fictional world in the story), that was likely not all that rare a wedding night. Did you expect Ramsey to gently lay her down and make love to her? He genuinely cares for Miranda (as much as he can care for anyone) and sex with her is brutal. It's who the guy is.

Daenerys also was raped on her wedding night. I haven't read the books, but it certainly appears to me that Sansa will turn into a very formidable character, perhaps a rival to Dany, as she becomes a woman in that world.

I guess Ramsey figures that since he himself was a product of rape, he might as well make a child in the same brutal manner. I can see Brienne killing him at some point.
I think Theon will kill Ramsey, Brienne will kill either Roose to avenge Caitlyn or Stannis to avenge Renly. They are all at or heading to same area...Winterfell.

Reactions: kojak309
I think if you consider the marriage in light of midevil times and mores (which are most similar to the fictional world in the story), that was likely not all that rare a wedding night. Did you expect Ramsey to gently lay her down and make love to her? He genuinely cares for Miranda (as much as he can care for anyone) and sex with her is brutal. It's who the guy is.

There's some truth to that...I mean she knew she was going to have to have sex. I think the "rape" label is somewhat of a misnomer. I would call it torture though.

But add the Theon aspect and the general evil of his demeanor, and for most people it was a very unpleasant scene to watch...and considering it wasn't in the books it's fair to question whether it was necessary to depict another character being brutalized like that. If they hadn't already established Ramsey as a psychopath, that would be one thing, but I don't blame anyone for deciding it's just too much torture and debasement for very little payoff.

There's some truth to that...I mean she knew she was going to have to have sex. I think the "rape" label is somewhat of a misnomer. I would call it torture though.

But add the Theon aspect and the general evil of his demeanor, and for most people it was a very unpleasant scene to watch...and considering it wasn't in the books it's fair to question whether it was necessary to depict another character being brutalized like that. If they hadn't already established Ramsey as a psychopath, that would be one thing, but I don't blame anyone for deciding it's just too much torture and debasement for very little payoff.
How do you know that there will be "very little payoff" ? I'm not a book reader but I think that scene will have a huge payoff moving forward...

How do you know that there will be "very little payoff" ? I'm not a book reader but I think that scene will have a huge payoff moving forward...

Personally, I'm going to give it another episode or so. If this is just the first in a long line of terrors that Ramsey inflicts on Sansa, I'm probably done. Seen it before with Joffrey.

Especially given the status of the other storylines. At least before the darkness was somewhat tempered by the rise of Danyrys and her dragons which was somewhat affirming, and Tyrion finding his humanity.

But if someone decides they're done, I have no problem with it, given the historical lack of payoff on the horrors. An awful lot of horrible stuff is graphically visited on relatively decent or "good" people in over several seasons in exchange for the one time Joffrey died. I get that it's a nasty world, and the bad don't always get what they have coming, or at least as soon as you would like. But the ratio of awfulness to anything else is just extreme, especially now.

Don't get me wrong...something like the Red Wedding or Ned's death, it was "bad", but it was a key plot point that changed everything. Totally fair game and pretty awesome. If witnessing what happened is the straw that "breaks" Ramsey's hold on Theon, then I think it's justifiable.

If it's just the equivalent of Joffrey skewering Roz...ugh. But the casual barrage of day to day awfulness and sadism for "flavor" rather than plot...I can see people opting out, and even being a bit disgusted. At some point it's just manipulation...making the audience feel "something" the easiest way you can.

Personally, I'm going to give it another episode or so. If this is just the first in a long line of terrors that Ramsey inflicts on Sansa, I'm probably done. Seen it before with Joffrey.

Especially given the status of the other storylines. At least before the darkness was somewhat tempered by the rise of Danyrys and her dragons which was somewhat affirming, and Tyrion finding his humanity.

But if someone decides they're done, I have no problem with it, given the historical lack of payoff on the horrors. An awful lot of horrible stuff is graphically visited on relatively decent or "good" people in over several seasons in exchange for the one time Joffrey died. I get that it's a nasty world, and the bad don't always get what they have coming, or at least as soon as you would like. But the ratio of awfulness to anything else is just extreme, especially now.

Don't get me wrong...something like the Red Wedding or Ned's death, it was "bad", but it was a key plot point that changed everything. Totally fair game and pretty awesome. If witnessing what happened is the straw that "breaks" Ramsey's hold on Theon, then I think it's justifiable.

If it's just the equivalent of Joffrey skewering Roz...ugh. But the casual barrage of day to day awfulness and sadism for "flavor" rather than plot...I can see people opting out, and even being a bit disgusted. At some point it's just manipulation...making the audience feel "something" the easiest way you can.
cd2e78faa01d4be094b2dcf087b002f49a9cab4ad5de0e40526674282f5e928a.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT