ADVERTISEMENT

He still looks like he's at NC State

He was good at NC State but he wasn't amazing against us....now Philip Rivers...that dude picked us apart. Beat us 2 years in a row and then in 2003 we beat them in double OT.

Eh, threw for 350 yards and 5 TDs in a close loss and the next year he led a come from behind victory, rushing for 3 TDs.

I was mainly referencing his ability to keep plays going, resulting in first downs and touchdowns.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by cpanole11:
He was good at NC State but he wasn't amazing against us....now Philip Rivers...that dude picked us apart. Beat us 2 years in a row and then in 2003 we beat them in double OT.

LOL. Rustle was a thorn in our side at nc state and played amazing against us. Dude is just a baller. He's not special in any measurable category, but he is extremely special when it comes to the immeasurable, intangible aspects of the game and that's a big reason why his team is playing in their second SB in a row.

I agree with NYNOLE. I was not happy to play against him, yet I was not happy with the way he was treated going into his senior year that forced him to transfer to Wis. I was pulling for him there. He is an incredible player and leader. He will be around for a long time. Carroll can evaluate players.

I didn't say he wasn't a good player, I was just saying I wasn't blown away by how good he was while he was at NC State.

Every once in a while we will play against a player on another team several years in a row and we just won't seem to have an answer for him. They frustrate you because of how dominant they truly are. C.J. Spiller comes to mind, so does Philip Rivers, and as much as it pains me to say it....Tim Tebow (
sick.r191677.gif
) but I just don't put Russell in that same category. He's a nice guy and great in the NFL but again I wasn't blown away by him while he was at NC State

The most frustrating is that they compare mobile spread as a similar QB. He ran a pro-style offense under, has a very good arm, and can throw the ball very well at vary different release points in addition to his athletic ability. He's a rare QB.

Originally posted by rdbarks10:
The most frustrating is that they compare mobile spread as a similar QB. He ran a pro-style offense under, has a very good arm, and can throw the ball very well at vary different release points in addition to his athletic ability. He's a rare QB.
Yep.

ADVERTISEMENT