Glitch18

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2009
Looks like EK is suing Winston over the sexual allegations
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This post was edited on 4/16 5:42 PM by NoleSoul

Re: Here we go again with Winston

Didn't Cornwell say he'd work that ass over if they tried this?

Well this should finally be the last hurdle. As soon as he wins, again, it will be over.

Man it's time to go on the offensive now.

All I know it's terrible timing on her part , we all ready know it's a cash grab .... But with the draft so close even die hard Winston haters have to see this as a money grab as well

Accuser's camp: "We really really mean it this time".

No big surprise matt baker broke the story , shocking news right

Originally posted by 12Nole:
Didn't Cornwell say he'd work that ass over if they tried this?
Winston would be a complete fool to use Cornwell in the civil suit. That's not his expertise. He also handled the school things a lot worse than many of you think. It ended well, but that was as much about the facts as the representation. Well, and having Justice Harding handle it.

The Bucs and/or NFL will "encourage" Jameis to settle and make this go away.

She wins.

Also, it shocks me if anyone is surprised about this. She and her handlers have not gone this far to not get paid. She will push this to the end, and as frustrating as it all is, there's a good chance she will get paid something just so Winston can move on.

The only way Jameis wins is to actually win. A settlement shows guilt. He needs to win and win BIG!! Expose her plethora of lies. She literally can't win without a settlement.

Originally posted by West Duval Nole:

Originally posted by iNoles:

She wins.
And unfortunately that will probably be exactly what happens.
I really hope this does not happen. He needs to fight this on principle alone. If the buc and NFL are worried about their reputation, then let them pay up.

Originally posted by blackman_1:
Originally posted by West Duval Nole:

She wins.
And unfortunately that will probably be exactly what happens.
I really hope this does not happen. He needs to fight this on principle alone. If the buc and NFL are worried about their reputation, then let them pay up.
It causes unneeded negative attention to the league. They won't want a dark cloud casting over JW. Pay her and move on.

Is it paranoid to think this was one in a series of scheduled smear attacks intended to inflict economic harm?

Originally posted by squiffynole:
Is it paranoid to think this was one in a series of scheduled smear attacks intended to inflict economic harm?
It's literally the final play

This is really kinda dumb. If it hurts his draft status, though they say it won't, he has less blood to suck.

She wins.
This. The play all along was noise to "encourage" a settlement when Jameis was finally going to get paid.

The reasons to settle unfortunately far outweigh the reasons to fight it- we as fans want him to fight and clear his name but for the sake of Jameis actually getting on with his life he will chalk up one of the most expensive one night stands that didn't result in a baby.

It will get tossed. There is no way Orlando is the proper venue. She is only hoping for a "SHUT UP AND GO AWAY" Settlement.

Of course filing in the improper venue intentionally will get you sanctioned.

There must be another defendant in the suit to get venue in Orlando. Maybe FSU. I would think his domicile is actually Alabama.

Originally posted by Fijimn:

There must be another defendant in the suit to get venue in Orlando. Maybe FSU. I would think his domicile is actually Alabama.
Leon County would be most proper in Florida as the venue where the alleged act took place. They'll claim tainted jury pool in Leon, but that is still up to a Leon County judge to decide and then the Judge would decide the alternate venue, not her.

Wrong.

She was smart. She waited until he moved out of state
to sue him. Now he's not a Florida resident. I assume she filed in
state court. The venue statute provides:

47.011 Where actions may be begun.-Actions shall be brought only in the county where the defendant resides, where the cause of action accrued, or where the property in litigation is located. This section shall not apply to actions against nonresidents.

A non-resident can be sued in any county of the state. Metnick & Levy, P.A. v. Seuling, 123 So. 3d 639 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013).

Originally posted by AllNoles:
Wrong.

47.011 Where actions may be begun.-Actions shall be brought only in the county where the defendant resides, where the cause of action accrued, or where the property in litigation is located. This section shall not apply to actions against nonresidents.

A non-resident can be sued in any county of the state. Metnick & Levy, P.A. v. Seuling, 123 So. 3d 639 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013).
But if he were to play for the Bucs....

Wrong.

Perhaps he still resides in Florida?

Maybe this is why his camp wanted confirmation from the Bucs... so he could move there already..

This post was edited on 4/16 6:00 PM by oldscalphunter

Unless Florida procedure rules are different than most of the other states, permissive venue is the county where all or substantially all of the acts andor omissions that gave rise to the claim or where one defendant resides....it's the plaintiff's choice.

I don't know his residency but I assume at this point it's Alabama. If he lives in Florida venue is wrong.

I believe venue is decided when suit is filed. It's not changed based on moving later.

I suspect this was very calculated.

I don't know his residency but I assume at this point it's Alabama. If he lives in Florida venue is wrong.

I believe venue is decided when suit is filed. It's not changed based on moving later.

I suspect this was very calculated.
Yeah, I didn't consider he probably is not a Florida resident.

Originally posted by Fijimn:

Well, it's not currently showing up on the Orange County Clerk's website as being filed yet.

Wrong.

Good point. I do stand corrected.
This post was edited on 4/16 6:03 PM by mercernole

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT