ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again with Winston / Kinsman sued Jameis today

Cornwell's response:

"This stunt was expected. Ms. Kinsman's false accusations have already been exposed and rejected six times. This time will be no different. Mr. Winston welcomes the opportunity to clear his name with the truth.
Mr. Winston is looking forward to the upcoming draft. He will not permit this ploy to distract him as he begins the journey of fulfilling his lifelong dream of being a championship quarterback in the National Football League."

eek.r191677.gif

Re: Here we go again with Winston

Originally posted by seminole4life1:

Originally posted by iNoles:
The Bucs and/or NFL will "encourage" Jameis to settle and make this go away.

She wins.
This. The play all along was noise to "encourage" a settlement when Jameis was finally going to get paid.

The reasons to settle unfortunately far outweigh the reasons to fight it- we as fans want him to fight and clear his name but for the sake of Jameis actually getting on with his life he will chalk up one of the most expensive one night stands that didn't result in a baby.
Bingo!

Originally posted by Bad Nole:
Cornwell's response:

"This stunt was expected. Ms. Kinsman's false accusations have already been exposed and rejected six times. This time will be no different. Mr. Winston welcomes the opportunity to clear his name with the truth.
Mr. Winston is looking forward to the upcoming draft. He will not permit this ploy to distract him as he begins the journey of fulfilling his lifelong dream of being a championship quarterback in the National Football League."

eek.r191677.gif
What about this statement is surprising (except to those who think that he'll about face and settle)?

If I advised him I'd get on board the rising wave of public sentiment that seems to be turning on his behalf. His football path is set as long as he keeps his nose clean. He'll get drafted highly. He'll get big money and then if he reaches his potential he'll have huge success in the league.
As for the more lucrative aspect of his future,his endorsement potential, he can only win by fighting this. Get the best lawdogs anywhere and fight this crap. If he wins...cha ching. He'll have a ton of support and plenty of companies will recognize that many many see him as a poor victim and will engage his services as a face.

If he loses the PR guys can say "You never know how any group of people will react and no matter how wrong this is behind Jameis" and he moves on with probably the same people who hate him and the same supporters. He'll still get deals and he'll be known as the guy who always stood up for his innocence.

Paying them off vs. standing up for himself seems an obvious choice as the former would imply at least an admission of doing something wrong. I'd advise him to unleash the hounds and countersue and file charges against her for slander,false charges etc.

Originally posted by fsugrad:
Originally posted by crooked_rain:
There's just no way Clune would allow her to be deposed and exhibits to be entered, much less an actual trial cross exam.
How does he think he could win without putting her up on the stand? Doesn't he want her up there turning on the tears so the feminazis in the jury get all upset and award her money? Especially if people like Darby and Casher can testify as to what they saw her doing to and with JW. I would prepare an exhibit showing a giant flow chart of her lies and how they changed over and over again. and put a flow chart up right next to it showing how JW's story has not changed once.
Not just his story has not changed. His witnesses accounts hasn't changed. And, most importantly, her own witnesses stories that coflict with Erica's have never changed. It will be a slaughter.

The lowest bar you can ever get is just getting it tried. If anyone thinks she'll get 51% they are crazy. The fact is if FSU settles I sure they will make her sign an agreement that takes all of this out of the news.

Originally posted by peezy28:

Originally posted by seminole4life1:

Originally posted by iNoles:
The Bucs and/or NFL will "encourage" Jameis to settle and make this go away.

She wins.
This. The play all along was noise to "encourage" a settlement when Jameis was finally going to get paid.

The reasons to settle unfortunately far outweigh the reasons to fight it- we as fans want him to fight and clear his name but for the sake of Jameis actually getting on with his life he will chalk up one of the most expensive one night stands that didn't result in a baby.
Bingo!
Uh NO! Settle for what?? She wont get a penny from Jaboo!

This is about more than economic analysis - she is calling him a rapist. Some things you have to fight even if it costs you.

When I saw this come across the ticker, I was stunned that she wants this go to court and all of her lies and inaccuracies will be exposed, so my thinking is that this will never see the inside of a courtroom.

Belief #1. She expects the NFL to push JW to settle and she will get some sort of payout, and can then come out and say something like "innocent people don't settle", she will feel justified and JW looks guilty for settling.

Belief #2. JW won't settle, and her legal team comes back and accepts a $5 settlement, with all settlement documents sealed, so that she can feel justified by saying something like the statement above, and JW takes another public hit by settling.

My hope is, and it sucks for JW, is that he hires the best legal team and buries this girl in court and finally exposes her for the filth that she is. I don't think a counter suit helps JW as I have read that it would be tough for him to win a suit like that.

The only reason this crap has any "legs" is because you have "adults" acting like children; I'm not talking about Winston and his accuser, rather I'm referring to attorneys who put their college allegiances ahead of their professional integrity.

We all saw the exact same BS go down in the Duke Lacrosse case, where it was later revealed that the DA (Mike Nifong) had very little evidence to bring about convictions, yet he zealously pursued it like he was prosecuting the Salem Witch Trials, because as a UNC alum, he felt it was his duty to take down anybody involved within Duke athletics if the opportunity presented itself, however flimsy the case might be.

The entire farcical drawn-out attempt at a money grab has Gator prints all over it....hopefully, all of the attorneys representing the "Girl Who Cried Wolf/Rape" will meet a similar fate as Nifong did, who was eventually disbarred for prosecutorial abuse and misconduct.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nifong[/URL]

Hope the Rolling Stone fiasco stays on the minds of prospective jurors. He's has to fight this otherwise the stench will follow him forever.

There's just no way Clune would allow her to be deposed and exhibits to be entered, much less an actual trial cross exam.
How does he think he could win without putting her up on the stand? Doesn't he want her up there turning on the tears so the feminazis in the jury get all upset and award her money? Especially if people like Darby and Casher can testify as to what they saw her doing to and with JW. I would prepare an exhibit showing a giant flow chart of her lies and how they changed over and over again. and put a flow chart up right next to it showing how JW's story has not changed once.
Not just his story has not changed. His witnesses accounts hasn't changed. And, most importantly, her own witnesses stories that coflict with Erica's have never changed. It will be a slaughter.
Agreed. This is why he needs to fight it. If not, every girl he ever had sex with will smell the money trail and will go Bill Cosby on his ass for their share of the $$.

winston settling out of court would admit guilt

If Clune doesn't want to put his client on the stand, she can still be called as an adverse witness by JW's legal team. She will have no choice but to testify.

"If Clune doesn't want to put his client on the stand, she can still be called as an adverse witness by JW's legal team. She will have no choice but to testify."

She has many, many impeachable inconsistencies. Her only hope would be to say, "I originally misstated the truth, but I am giving you a correct version now."

"Why did you misstate the truth, say you were hit on the head, etc..?"

"Because I was embarrassed about what had happened in the bathroom and didn't think people would believe that something consensual changed midway....I was so upset that I didn't know what to say, but I knew I needed to tell someone."

Originally posted by Manch.:
When I saw this come across the ticker, I was stunned that she wants this go to court and all of her lies and inaccuracies will be exposed, so my thinking is that this will never see the inside of a courtroom.

Belief #1. She expects the NFL to push JW to settle and she will get some sort of payout, and can then come out and say something like "innocent people don't settle", she will feel justified and JW looks guilty for settling.

Belief #2. JW won't settle, and her legal team comes back and accepts a $5 settlement, with all settlement documents sealed, so that she can feel justified by saying something like the statement above, and JW takes another public hit by settling.

My hope is, and it sucks for JW, is that he hires the best legal team and buries this girl in court and finally exposes her for the filth that she is. I don't think a counter suit helps JW as I have read that it would be tough for him to win a suit like that.
There is also an option where they reach a settlement agreement where all parties agree not to talk about the deal or anything else related to the case anymore.

I for one think he should fight this to the end. Regardless of what happens, the haters are going to still hate.

I'm torn. Part of me wants him to settle for this idiot for a paltry fraction of what he'll make in the next few years, but the other part wants him to fight to ensure she doesn't get jack.

If by some chance he loses, I hope he has a good FA like OJ did who can tie up his future NFL earnings and keep her from seeing a cent.

What a nightmare. This happened three years ago. Maybe this story will die before my Social Security kicks in in 35 years.

God Forbid This Story Go Away... Winston Sued

Originally posted by Lil65:
Sex is very expensive
VASTLY underrated post by '65.

If they subpoena the baseball team, this would have to be moved to a larger venue. Add in her sorority sisters who have pretty much disowned her, and you have one heck of a party at the nearest watering hole by the courthouse.

I have to ask, all this back and forth about where Jameis lives - doesn't Kinsman now live out of state as well?

I wonder how much endorsement money this case will cost Winston, now and long term. Maybe that should be part of his counter suit for damages.

Originally posted by kc78:
The interesting thing I noticed on ESPN this morning is how the story is changing. Mike and the two people from His and Hers were very careful to repeat that Jameis has never once been charged for a crime, has gone through several investigations, and been cleared over and over. They didn't come right out and say it was a money thing, but they certainly defended Winston a lot harder than they did before (Which was to say they didn't). Public opinion certainly seems to suddenly be spinning more in his direction that previously.
Actually, Ryan Rucco, who was filling in for Greeny, said "Jameis' team has always said that this was nothing more than a money grab and this action seems to go along with that sentiment".

It's commical. When Jameis was in a position to hurt ESPN's investment they were all over his jock. Now that they are in a position where Jameis can only help them financially they are more or less backing him. I hope the day comes when tells ESPN to shove it up their rumps...

How much is the suit for anyway or is it a deal where the judge or jury just awards if they see fit?

Originally posted by FHU_Nole:
I wonder how much endorsement money this case will cost Winston, now and long term. Maybe that should be part of his counter suit for damages.
+1.

Its not the suit alone, its her false accusations from day 1. But now that she has made a movie and filed a lawsuit, she can't hide behind the TPD "leaking them."

Originally posted by pdubb09:
Why is a civil suit even possible in a case like this. I get it if you want to sue your landlord for a security deposit back. People's court type stuff, but how can someone continue to harass another person when all sorts of arms of the law have said, she has no evidence.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
The issue/claim has never been litigated in a court of law, so there's no preclusion. Even if he was prosecuted & not convicted, they could & should still have the civil system for tortious claims. The fact that the police never felt there was probable cause, and Meggs didn't think there was a substantial likelihood of proving guilt BRD, and a former Chief Justice of the Florida Supreme Court found her story to be less convincing than Winstons, only lends itself to guaging the strength of her civil case. Is it strong? No. I believe she is lying. There's 1 point where there "could've" been rape. The fact that she claims it was the entire time in his room only makes me convinced she's lying... it flips the case essentially.

I read most of her complaint yesterday & came away shocked that she would seem to lean on Darby so much. She said a lot about Winston's actions in the cab--where Darby was apparently fine with what was going on--yet when they got back, Darby was not fine with what was going on & that the next day was the worst Darby had ever felt (as he posted on facebook) because of the rape (as opposed to because he was an 18/19 yr old athlete who just drank shitty liquor in an old bar with deafening music for 2-3 hours... and probably didn't touch alcohol all season).

what does Clune care? what does she have to lose? Of course he'll put his client out there... this is all she's done for 2 yrs.

Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:

Originally posted by kc78:
The interesting thing I noticed on ESPN this morning is how the story is changing. Mike and the two people from His and Hers were very careful to repeat that Jameis has never once been charged for a crime, has gone through several investigations, and been cleared over and over. They didn't come right out and say it was a money thing, but they certainly defended Winston a lot harder than they did before (Which was to say they didn't). Public opinion certainly seems to suddenly be spinning more in his direction that previously.
not surprised.

ESPN now makes more money kissing his ass since he is in the NFL than they did by tearing him down when he was at FSU.
nah, he has a PR team & has played nice with ESPN lately... giving them a ton of access.

The problem most on here aren't taking into account is the fact that people want him to fight it to prove those wrong that think he did it but winning yet another challenge won't sway them. They already made their minds up, TPD covered for Jameis and any lack of trial or case thrown out isn't proof that Jameis is innocent, rather it is proof the cover up worked.

Originally posted by goldmom:
Sex is very expensive

If they subpoena the baseball team, this would have to be moved to a larger venue. Add in her sorority sisters who have pretty much disowned her, and you have one heck of a party at the nearest watering hole by the courthouse.

I have to ask, all this back and forth about where Jameis lives - doesn't Kinsman now live out of state as well?
Goldmom, HAVE her sorority sisters pretty much disowned her? I was wondering how the DZ's at FSU felt about Erica and her BS. At one point I remember reading that her sorority sisters were chartering a bus to go down to the park in Zephyrhills or wherever where Aunt Pat staged her ridiculous press conference. But I don't know if that was true or not. I would think DZ took a huge hit because of Erica's antics. Would love to know.

I was listening to some of the jurors in the Aaron Hernandez case, and one of the majors points made by the prosecution was when Robert Kraft testified that AH had told him he was at a night club when the murder happened, but no one could pin point the time of death, so how did AH know where he was when the murder happened if no one knew what time the actual murder happened.

It seemed like irrelevant testimony at the time, and I don't believe I read any reporters talking about Kraft's testimony and how Hernandez may have incriminated himself, and maybe that's why his defense, at the end, admitted he was there when it happened, they had no other choice.

I just know that EK will trip over her own words like Hernandez did, several times and the defense will destroy her and her inconsistencies, this will not end well for her, IMO, because what she told others and what she reported to authorities are going to be conflicting, 10 times over and that's why I can't picture this entering a courtroom.

Originally posted by cmanole:
It's commical. When Jameis was in a position to hurt ESPN's investment they were all over his jock. Now that they are in a position where Jameis can only help them financially they are more or less backing him. I hope the day comes when tells ESPN to shove it up their rumps...

How much is the suit for anyway or is it a deal where the judge or jury just awards if they see fit?
What position was Jameis in to hurt ESPN's investment?

Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:
Originally posted by FHU_Nole:
+1.

Its not the suit alone, its her false accusations from day 1. But now that she has made a movie and filed a lawsuit, she can't hide behind the TPD "leaking them."
For what it's worth, Winston signed an endorsement deal with Nike today.

http://www.wptz.com/sports/nike-signs-winston-mariota/32426310

Originally posted by given2fly:

Making the college football playoff instead of a second SEC school. Winning a second NC instead of an SEC school. etc...

Making the college football playoff instead of a second SEC school. Winning a second NC instead of an SEC school. etc...
I don't think you understand how that works. Take the top 5 rated regular season games on ESPN and FSU was in four of them. FSU was the second most watched team all year (second to Alabama). ESPN doesn't even get the best SEC games each week, CBS does. FSU makes ESPN a ton of money by being good and relevant (and controversial).

Originally posted by More Kirk Less Spock:
This is about more than economic analysis - she is calling him a rapist. Some things you have to fight even if it costs you.

Exactly! I hope he fights it and takes the fight to her. She has changed her story so many times that there is no way she wins. Frankly I think that the prosecution could prep her for a year straight and she'd still tell yet another completely different story. Her story has more holes in it than all of her boyfriends and one night stands combined have entered.

Originally posted by goldmom:

Sex is very expensive

Goldmom, HAVE her sorority sisters pretty much disowned her? I was wondering how the DZ's at FSU felt about Erica and her BS. At one point I remember reading that her sorority sisters were chartering a bus to go down to the park in Zephyrhills or wherever where Aunt Pat staged her ridiculous press conference. But I don't know if that was true or not. I would think DZ took a huge hit because of Erica's antics. Would love to know.
I was not a DZ but when this first broke, there were numerous links to Twitter where several of them made negative remarks about her. I think they were completely embarrassed about the cleat chaser revelations and all of the remarks made by guys as to her reputation.

I don't think you understand how that works. Take the top 5 rated regular season games on ESPN and FSU was in four of them. FSU was the second most watched team all year (second to Alabama). ESPN doesn't even get the best SEC games each week, CBS does. FSU makes ESPN a ton of money by being good and relevant (and controversial).
Some people apparently believe that espn is out to get FSU, at least in part, because FSU is a threat to the sec football-wise. I get a good laugh every time I see it posted. I'm sure espn executives were really pissed that FSU (and their heisman-winning QB accused of rape with a 'coverup') made the playoffs over Ms St.

What. espn has billions invested in the sec and someone thinks that May influence them?

That is crazy talk.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Jameis, or any college player for that matter, have never been close to being in a position to hurt ESPN's investments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT